It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Black Donnellys'...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i have just watched the pilot of this show tonight and i must say that it was pretty good...

check out the official site:

www.nbc.com...

if you saw this show, what did you think of it???

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
there's a new episode on tonight...

i'll probably download it tomorrow...

it really is a great show...

you should check it out if you have the time...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I've watched a few episodes so far, and I have to say I really like it. It's not the best new show of the season, but it certainly has caught my attention thus far. For those of us that are looking for a new show, I recommend this one.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I've watched a few episodes so far, and I have to say I really like it. It's not the best new show of the season, but it certainly has caught my attention thus far.

i feel the same...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I've added this thread to the television list thread in hopes that a few members may come across it. I'm watching this weeks episode as I type this. It has not dug it's claws in too deep yet, but I try to make time for it.

Interesting concept with plenty of potential.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Did this show get the axe? I really liked it, but haven't seen it in the listings for awhile.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I haven't seen it either. Not necessarily canceled, but might be put on the back burner for awhile. NBC is having some serious rating problems lately, and I don't think the Black Donnellys was doing anything to help that.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i saw it a few times, im not a big fan of it... if it didnt get cancelled yet, it probably will

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well, for those of you who care, The Black Donnelly's was officially cancelled on May 15, 2007. I happened across this show after Heroes for the pilot. I immediately thought it was great. I thought it really brought out the feeling of the inner city (The Firecracker is a real bar located in Long Island City) and did a great job combining that with traditional irish and italian values we might have seen decades ago if not longer. It was kind of like a period piece that was adapted for modern times.

All of the episodes are available on the NBC site, including one or two that never aired on television. The finale had me on the edge of my seat, but to really feel it you should get to know the characters first. I think the show did a great job of developing the characters.

I'm sorry to see it go, and think it might do better if it were picked up by FX or one of the cable stations. This probably won't happen for awhile (if at all), and there aren't any plans in the works to my knowledge, since some of the actors have signed onto other projects.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
yupp, i heard it was cancelled on the radio (z100)...

i was shocked...

but, then again, it wasn't on television that much...

and some could claim that the show was a rip-off of 'the sopranos'...

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Good show

I liked it. But then again. Lost is the first show I really liked that didn't get canceled.

Not that I'm compairing the two. Donnellys was the best show in its slot, its not the height of tv but pretty good watching.Generally if I like a show it get's canceled over the years. Anything that cool, and not a stupid reality show, or singing show gets canceled.

I like Jericho much more, I also like Veronica Mars, Close to Home, etc.

Jericho coulld have been a great show, without the hiatus. I've never seen anyone pull this
except fox during the playoffs many years ago.

This is also the worst year in television history with everybody and their mom taking a hiatus in the middle of the year. I hate American Idol, they destroyed TV this year because everyone was affraid of them.

ABC rules
NBC ok
FOX ok, except for the evil idol
CBS, sucks.

[edit on 16-5-2007 by Royal76]

top topics

join