It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not exactly sure how to explain my experience last night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm going to cut right to the chase.

This is how it happened:

I was laying in bed, actually reading some Heinlein's Starship Troopers, and I must have dosed off because I woke up to a text message from my girlfriend at exactly 3:49am. She is in England right now on business (she trains horses), and just must have forgotten about the time difference. I couldn't remember going to sleep, which isn't a strange thing, I hardly do. But what I saw in the next minute after reading the text message arrested my attention. My blinds (horizontal plastic cheap things) were closed and angled so that people can't see into my second story bedroom from the ground (I live in a town-house with a roommate). But through them I saw an extremely bright sphere. The sphere seemed a considerable distance away. It started dim, grew very very bright, lasted about 30 seconds, then dimmed until it wasnt visible. At first I thought it was the moon peeking through some clouds, but it was extremely bright. Bright enough to see a definate shape through the blinds. When it disappeared I felt a wave of fear wash over me. I didn't sleep the rest of the night. I don't know why. No lost time, nothing.

My bed is only a few inches off of the floor. Such that the angle at which I was looking at this light made it impossible to be a street lamp (there arent any around where I live anyhow) or the moon, which I can't normally see from my bed, I have to be right next to the window to see the moon.

The only reason why I'm sharing this is because it scared me to death afterwards and I don't know why. I'm very sceptical about the whole alien abduction phenomenon and I think most UFO information floating around is total junk. But its affecting me in such a profound way that I have to talk about it. And thats the only thing I can attribute this to, is a sighting. There was complete cloud cover last night, so I don't know what it could have been. Are there any members who live in the State College PA area who saw a similar thing?

I don't even know why I'm posting this, I'm just going to be called a liar, but I feel better after typing it.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Galvatron]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. It akes a lot of courage to even mention this. I believe there are lots of people in here who have seen things that they will never admit in public. That is just the way things are.

I think more and more of these stories will start to come out over the next while. It is leading up to an encounter that most people won't be ready for mentally.

I didn't sleep at night for 2 months, even with strong sleeping pills. I would lay in bed all night with my eyes wide open. I would nap during the day with people around, but at night...not a wink.

Keep a camera handy, that is what they will ask for...proof.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story - always wonder how I would react if something mindblowing came my way. Seems like this kind of thing always comes at peeps sideways. I would hope that I could keep together enough to be relate accurately if needed.

How "awake" were you when this was going on? Where you still fuzzed up or wide awake. Any noises, vibration, other weird sensations?

It probably scared the crap out of you because waht you may have quickly realized is you just experienced something that flew in the face of what you would consider "normal" or "real". Kind of busted the skeptical side of your head a bit.... called being rocked, I think.

Good luck with getting some understanding of it....

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I was pretty groggy even after reading the text message, however the light totally woke me up. There was no sound. It just started out as dim, got very bright, in the span of 2 or 3 seconds lasted about 30 seconds, and slowly dimmed over the course of 10 or so seconds. It was almost as though I was watching an explosion way off in the distance, but the light was pure white.

I've had a sighting before, it was a long time ago in 8th grade so 1997. I was at a friends house and we were swimming in his pool and we saw a "star" that kept changing direction very abruptly. It lasted maybe 15 seconds and left but it was just a chance sighting type of thing. We chuckled afterwards, but the circumstances were pretty relaxed. This one I saw last night was maybe at most 500 yards away at least 100 feet away, and right after I had woken up in the middle of the night alone. I've been held at gun point in Philly outside of an ATM, nothing happend and the guy didn't get my money, but I wasn't afraid then. Last night I was absolutely terrified. The kind of terror a person must feel the moment right before impact in a fatal car accident or something similarly dangerous and aparent. And that alone is what struck me about this experience.

Why would I feel terror about some ball of light that I'm not sure what it even was?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. That must have been an interesting experience to say the least.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hello,

What happened to you left you with a scare or fear factor. While this happened to you did you think about getting a camera and getting a picture if you could. I would say probably no it didn't even occur to you when this was going on.

My point is people say get pictures do this or do that but it doesn't work that way does it.

All I can say is welcome to the world of the unexplained.

I would check NUFORC to see if anyone posted anything on this when they post all of Feb.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have a pair of good binoculars in my bedroom and sometimes when I’m bored, night or day, I will peer into the sky. Sometime I see the odd thing but it turns out to be nothing but I always make sure I know where the moon is positioned and try to stay alert so I can make sense of what the object is. Sometimes the police helicopter with its powerful beam light tricks me as it flies near my house or far away. Just saying to get your bearings in the sky if you see something weird so that the next time you view the same portion of sky you might find what caused the light the previous night, say perhaps it was a star…

top topics

join