It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: the most hated country in the world?.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
I agree that the rest of the world is starting to hate us.

The sad thing is, it's not just them recognizing it's the govt trashing our country anymore. They're starting to get pissed at us for letting the govt do this crap.

"You have voted truthseeka for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

BINGO!

Truthseeka, you have hit the nail right on the head. I would be more picky though, as I have American associates who know what's going down, and they cannot be blamed for misguided wannabe patriots who are so DUMB, they lap up the line of "Everyone is out to get you, you must hate them all! be they Mexican, European, Chinese, Russian, Muslim..."

Half these jokers who run around declaring themselves American Patriots should realise that part of being a patriot is being able to question the government in the cause of trying to better one's nation.

And as such, may I present a quote by one of the finest ever Americans:

"In the beginning of change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot" - Mark Twain

Might this be why forward thinkers seem to be so demonized by the right in America? Those who want to repair the damage the NeoCons have done, who want to free the US from the burden of Israel, who want to take care of the poor and marginalized, THEY are the patriots. They are the ones who give a damn about the USA progressing as a nation and as a society. Not these armchair general, closet/former nazis (glances at Xphilesphan) who freely support the idea of endless war in the name of some misguided national pride.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The US Government has obviously changed a little after electing Obama, but i think that the US will always be hated, see even as you american's cant see, and you still assume everyone over the world loves you, even when foreigners are blatently informing you!

I also think that the US talks all about being free etc. but tbh it's filled with corruption, censorship and a controlling government. I think the US people are being unfairly portrayed by people saying 'they're arrogant' but they're not, they genuinely do not know what is going on outside of America.

<< 1  2   >>

join