It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: the most hated country in the world?.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I think American is fast becoming the most hated country in the world.
Every one of my friends think America is heading for total isolation ,as many other countries wake upto what American Government are really trying to achieve.take America out of the equasion and you have a peaceful planet.
The USA might find its self alone one day,by then it'll be too late.

Their is another way to achieve your objective without war, so why is Bush so hellbent on destruction????

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I dont "hate" anyone. And most certainly i dont "hate" or dislike Americans
in general. It are just the criminal elements that run the country, the American
civilians etc are victims as well of the guys in "power" right now.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
As mentioned before, I don't hate America per-se... but I do severely disagree with the current foreign policy of the United States.

Being a Canadian... the term 'severely disagree' is a very harsh term. So take it seriously.

If the US were to adopt a foreign policy geared towards diplomacy instead of military conquer... then my view of their government would immediately change. I don't blindly hate them, I just disagree with what they are doing right now... enough that I would join an organised effort to dismantle that very policy. Diplomatically or militarily.

I just don't understand how the US public have let it get this far. It is often said that the US public does not see what they are actually doing to the rest of the world because their media doesn't show them... but, come on... word of mouth has to get through somewhere right? There has to be at least 25% of the US that actually knows what is going on overseas.

So why don't they do something about it?
I know for a fact that they wouldn't stand by if some other country were to try to invade the US... so why do they stand by while the US devestates other countries? They can't all be that heartless... they must have some form of moral decency to them, right? I mean... they are still human right?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Oh please, if it was Canada you guys wouldn't do crap to your government either. If its so bad, try organizing a rally here. Just because you're not American doesn't mean you can't help.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Firstly i am deifinately not a Neo-Con, and i disagree with all of bush's domestic and foreign policies. But for you to say if America did not exist the world would be a peaceful place is very ignorant. There are many recent wars and current wars that America has been involved in, or supported.
The Bush Doctrine is dispicable in my opinion but it certainly isnt the root of all evil like you make out.

Dam, i havent posted here for 6 months or so and when i come back im defending America....I must of changed

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Hey, what?

I never said "If America didn't exist the world would be a peaceful place"
Where the hell did that come from?

Anyhow... as for the post before that, if a Canadian were to try to bring you media feeds from the rest of the world and start a rally for change... do you seriously believe ANY American would take him or her seriously?

The US is already too obsessed with patriotism and getting rid of anything that isn't American to take outside influence seriously.
The very fact that you took offense to a Canadian stating the obvious is a clear sign of that.

Either way, take it or leave it, most of the US is influenced by their medias view on the world that they are unable to actually see the world for what it is... nor can they see what the current US administration is doing in the world.
Wether you believe me, or wether you are one of those indoctrinated people, it doesn't effect me.
But I'll be damned if I'm going to let that same media curtain blind my country. It's best if it is stopped in your country before it spreads though.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Woooowwwwww there John Sky don't bust on that guy. You did say take America out of the equation and you have a peaceful planet. Read your first post.

You wrote this.
"take America out of the equasion and you have a peaceful planet."

What part did you not write about that? So what the hell there.

Personally I think Bushes policies foreign and domestic have been bad all round. America deserves a bunch a blame. But where are the other countries that will stand up to China that is blocking UN security council action on Dafur? I think it goes both ways. People hate America for doing somethings, and hate it when it does not get involved.

Many countries get to be good cop, and the USA gets to be the bad cop more often then not.

I think the world would not be a bed of roses you see as the evil America being all the problem. I would actually love to see a world where the USA kept out of other peoples business, and see what happened. Who would be your bogey man then. I bet there would be a bunch of nut cases you could deal with. Our number would be unlisted.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The world doesnt hate america pers'e

the world loves the country, the people.. for the most part they are civilised, smart and generous.

People hate the word 'america'

mainly because the current war is being waged under the false flag of 'america'

America isnt involved in Iraq, America doesnt want to be in Iraq,
Its the Neo-conservatives, and Israeli aspects that are maniuplating the US Military to doing there dirty work.

America,is a great place with great people.
The government is the problem.

but im sure you already knew that.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The World Loves America!!!

Even under the worst times, people flock here with dreams of a new life.
Even those who hate it would love to come and live here.

Any intelligent person knows "We, the people" are having rough times now but that will change soon enough....because of our democratic process, and new faith can be restored. (If Bush doesnt bring on Armageddon, i guess)
So they will continue hating, but comming here. Money talks and BS walks.

God Bless a Free America!!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ugh, there must be at least 10 threads a weak with this diatribe that either is anti-bush or is just outright anti-american.

"take america out of the eqauation?" by the same token I can say take europe out of the equation, afterall werent they responsible for not 1 but 2 world wars?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
No matter how bad you all may think Bush is and that his foreign policy will bring about the cataclysm, the other countries of the world will never truly hate America.

In today's society we have a completely global economy, where all countries are depending ongoods and services from all the other industrialized countries. America doesn't need to invade a country to gain oil, because we are able to obtain whatever we need since we have the best economy in the world. When the other countries of the world can survive without our trade, then they may be able to dislike us, but until then, you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The views of the world reflect the views of Americans also. The vast majority of Americans, like the rest of the world, don't agree with our governmental policies over the past 7 years. There was not such a widespread hatred for America (meaning the US government) until Bush was elected and the government's policies of "preemptive warfare" and our governments desire to "spread democracy". The world believes that we should not meddle in the affairs of other countries like we have been doing, and many Americans agree.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
They take our money/ aide and spit on us on tv and newpapers

They take our technology to make war and try to use it on us

They cry to anyone who will listen that we are the great satan

They cry when they are attacked
Love us when we send troops who die to save them.
Then scream and cry that we are too mean and stayed too long.

its called JEALOUSY

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
no,

the Welsh take some beating

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I agree that the rest of the world is starting to hate us.

The sad thing is, it's not just them recognizing it's the govt trashing our country anymore. They're starting to get pissed at us for letting the govt do this crap.

What the hell can we do to stop it? Between the Diebold voting machines, the merging police/military, sound cannons, microwave guns, choppers with KO gas, and other goodies for crowd control, we're screwed.

When they finally ban guns for citizens, we're REALLY screwed...:shk:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't think most people hate the country or it's people per se, just the current lack of responsible leadership and letting corp's get an even bigger bite on the world economy.

Being a super power comes with certain global responsibilities, many of which have been neglected during the current administration.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The MOST hated? Well, probably. But it just has the biggest profile - the crown is heavy, it's windy at the top of the mountain, etc. etc. Some of it is jealousy, and you'll notice that in some folks' eyes US policy is damned if you do, damned if you don't. Travelling around the world almost everywhere I've gone I've seen people wearing shirts depicting the American flag, it always kind of puzzled me, especially when the people didn't even speak English and aside from what it represents, aesthestically it isn't even a very pretty flag. All over Western and Eastern Europe, central America, and Asia. I know I wouldn't consider wearing an article of clothing devoted to a country not my own. Perhaps it really is the idea that people everywhere find so appealing. But then also, I'll get the invariable person in a group who asks me, "What do you think of Bush?" (this is while in foreign countries, and its always quite obvious that they aren't fans.)

Then also you get the people complaining about the "Californication" of the world through the dissemination of our cultural productions. They "hate us" because we're "forcing our way" onto them. Well, there's a reason "our way" is spreading so effortlessly. And nobody is forcing it onto anyone. Hey, as much as I personally dislike pop music, fast food, and Will Ferrell movies, billions of others disagree.

Why do the dorks in high-school "hate" the captain of the football team or the homely girls "hate" the prom queen? And is it really hate?

The anti-America sentiment in certain parts of the world is not new, either. The provost of my high-school, a Briton, shared with us a saying they had over there about the US servicemen stationed in Europe - "Over-sexed, over-paid, and over-HERE." Made me wonder if he disliked the US so much, what the heck was he doing here. Ask all the other immigrants if they hate America. Blair said something a few months ago when refering to the US to the effect of, "Real feelings about a country can be quantified by comparing the number of people leaving to the number trying to get in."

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos
I think American is fast becoming the most hated country in the world.

And this is like the 200th post about the topic.

take America out of the equasion and you have a peaceful planet.

Surrrreeee. Just keep telling yourself that.

The USA might find its self alone one day,by then it'll be too late.

No we won't. Even if everyone hates the US, we won't be alone. Economics makes friends, and nuclear weapons deter enemies. The US has both.

Their is another way to achieve your objective without war, so why is Bush so hellbent on destruction????

I don't know, go ask him instead of making another thread about it!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Its tough at the top, look at the Anglo's evrybody still hates our guts and the Empire has been dead a long time now.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
They hate us because they love us. Look at american culture. They watch our movies, sports, games ,etc. hell their is a huge piracy problem that is going on around the world involving american movies and music.

Americans spend more on foreign aid then any other nation on earth. Right now the US is quietly sending $15 billion in aid to africa. US donations to Africa outstrip Europe by 15 to 1.
news.scotsman.com...

We do more for third world nations then the rest of the world combined! Take away america then you take away the global economy that is growing at about 4.5% a year. Which ppl in todays society take for granted. Read the below link to understand more of what im talking about in regards to the world economyEconomic Growth is Exponential and Accelerating - Part I
futurist.typepad.com...

Take away america and you take away the worlds leader in innovation and technology.. What nation will take up the lack of American spending on R&D? By the way, the US accounts for 40% of the worlds spending on R&D.

Heres an excerpt about foreign aid to developing countries from the US.

In addition, the US economy's large immigrant population, which makes up 12% of its population, almost twice that of Britain, allows $40.1bn of wages earned by developing world workers to be sent to their home countries in the form of remittances.

Adelman said this transforms the picture on aid to the developing world, showing how America's stronger economic growth and lower taxation is giving indirect aid to the Third World which dwarfs the government's donations. The benchmark for state aid is the United Nations goal of devoting 0.7% of Gross National Income (GNI) in government aid to developing countries. Ireland has pledged to do so by 2007; Belgium and Finland by 2010; France by 2012 and the UK by 2013.

These are 2005 figures. Its only grown sense then.

[edit on 043131p://3803pm by semperfoo]

[edit on 043131p://5103pm by semperfoo]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join