It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the ten horns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
for the identity of the ten horns of the beast of revelation chapter thirteen (although already first stated in scripture) place a zodiac wheel (natal chart) over the great pyramid in giza egypt with 26.5 degrees of the constellation of leo rising in the east above thirty degrees north latitude (as indicated by the angle of slope of the ascending and descending passages inside that pyramid.)the cusp,first degree,of leo runs through israel in the timnah/mount ephraim area.the rest of the thirty degree section of leo falls over southern israel the ancient land of judah.the other eleven sections of the zodiac fall over ten countries.the ten horns.cancer falls over syria-lebanon,gemini/cyprus,taurus/turkey,aries/greece,pisces/italy,aquarius and capricorn/libya,sagittarius/sudan,scorpio/egypt,libra/ethiopia,virgo/saudi-arabia.the fourth kingdom is an arab kingdom.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
without astrology we can come to a similar conclusion,

in the same vision that had the 10 horns(=10 kings=10kingdoms/countries,)
we read that the 'beast' also had the 7heads, which had the 10horns...
we also read that the 'beast' ->came out of the sea

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The number 10 in the Bible often represents entirety, or completeness.
For instance the 10 commandments were given to Moses. Why 10 and not twelve or 20? These ten commandments formed the basic laws of the law covenant. the 600 or more other laws gave specific application of them, or elucidated them.

The 10 plagues upon Egypt fully expressed Gods Judgement on Egypt--all that were needed to humiliate the false gods of Egypt & cause Pharoh to release the captives.

So in Revelation when it refers to 10 horns or 10 kings as explained in Rev 17:12 it gives the sense of completeness or entirety. Thus all the earthy kings or Kingdoms or governments are represented here.

That seems to me to be consistant with the use of 10 in rev 2:10 where it says that some would have tribulation 10 days, in order for them to be Fully put to the test.

thats my take on the significance of the number 10 in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
without astrology we can come to a similar conclusion,

in the same vision that had the 10 horns(=10 kings=10kingdoms/countries,)
we read that the 'beast' also had the 7heads, which had the 10horns...
we also read that the 'beast' ->came out of the sea

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Actually, I always considered the horns and diadems to be of a spoken nature of "spikes". In other words, occurrences. Things that are prophetic are spoken of in magnitude. This would easily explain why previous generations recognized certain signs.

If you look throughout history where the end of the world was predicted, and didn't occur then you could count that a "spike".

Kind of a bit too much, syndrome. Discovering the magnitude of the propensity of violence, as these scholars did when they were writing a recorded synopsis of spoken tradition.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69

... This has already happend.
It's the WEU an alliance of 10 countries that are shapping the world as we speak.
Formed and headed by none other than Javier Solana the leading candidate for the AC.

Check out

www.fulfilledprophecy.com

thanks...i did look at the link you gave, & i clicked the 'Revelation Overview' at top of page,

concerning the "ten horns"

i applied the 4 views of Revelations;
Spiritual view,
Peterist view,
hitorical view,
futurist view,
~found @ the 'Revelation Overview' at the link you gave us.
and my sense of interpeting the Revelations is that each & every prophetic
element has a simutaneous fufillment of all 4 views at the same time.

the appearance of the ten horns also has in its nature the 4 dimensions, views, in that the ten horns are spiritual, petrist, historical and futurist.

it is possible that the WEU is an early stage of this final ten horn
unity/entity....but because this Solana is a creator/leader/organizer of this 10 entity org. it fails that Solana is an AC....
because in the future prophetic reality the AC suddenly comes on the world scene and seizes the seven heads with ten horns dragon
rips out 3 of the horns & the other 7 surrender their power to the AC.

thanks,
but understand that my points may be unwittenly false or incorrect
keep on mulling over the prophetic word

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by ka0s69

... This has already happend.
It's the WEU an alliance of 10 countries that are shapping the world as we speak.
Formed and headed by none other than Javier Solana the leading candidate for the AC.

Check out

www.fulfilledprophecy.com

thanks...i did look at the link you gave, & i clicked the 'Revelation Overview' at top of page,

concerning the "ten horns"

i applied the 4 views of Revelations;
Spiritual view,
Peterist view,
hitorical view,
futurist view,
~found @ the 'Revelation Overview' at the link you gave us.
and my sense of interpeting the Revelations is that each & every prophetic
element has a simutaneous fufillment of all 4 views at the same time.

the appearance of the ten horns also has in its nature the 4 dimensions, views, in that the ten horns are spiritual, petrist, historical and futurist.

it is possible that the WEU is an early stage of this final ten horn
unity/entity....but because this Solana is a creator/leader/organizer of this 10 entity org. it fails that Solana is an AC....
because in the future prophetic reality the AC suddenly comes on the world scene and seizes the seven heads with ten horns dragon
rips out 3 of the horns & the other 7 surrender their power to the AC.

thanks,
but understand that my points may be unwittenly false or incorrect
keep on mulling over the prophetic word

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you too. Javier is the person that has brought about all this change and fulfilled so many of the prophecies. And his connection with the number 666 is freakish. It seems to me as tho hes paving the way for the one to come. And whoever takes Javiers place will be the AC. Javier is believe it or not one of the most powerful people in the world. And day by day he is gaining more respect for his steps towards bringing about global security and global governance.

Just recently he decalred he was going to try and achieve this.

media.brookings.edu...

Prophetically speaking... he could be the false prophet that is to come before the anti christ and I would bet on this. "Claiming to make the world a better and safer place by implementing global governance for security (AKA New world order), and all for power and control... seems like a false prophet to me. The bible states that the false prophet will give all of his power to the antichrist.. so whoever succeeds Javier will more than likely be mr AC. Someone more charismatic and more likeable... but who??

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
i agree with you all but what if ten-horns are ten extremely evil people,warriors,scientists or ex-political leaders?humanity will be judged by each on of us,right?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Have any of you ever read "The Antichrist and a Cup of Tea"? This book is has very interesting theory. The author, a pastr near me in Colorado, shows through the Bible and other things that the ten horns are 10 nations. But it is the rest of that vision that you have to pay attention to. This site has a great explaination of the theory of the Antichrist and the Horns. It does a much better job at explaining it then I do, so please read it and tell me what ya think...

Antichrist out of the ten horns, WHO IS HE.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
so please read it and tell me what ya think...

Antichrist out of the ten horns, WHO IS HE.

thanks for the link...
themost valuable thing i got out of the article was the part
about how the 2000 year ago language & letter values were practiced...

quite different than the reduction numberology that is forced on the pop
culture now a days...i've long ago decided that the methods of determining
the '666' identity were not valid....as scripture instructs the reader that
there is a certain 'wisdom' needed and that 'wisdom' is not easily obtained
from the wide array of pagan/soothsayers/numberology practices---
which scripture warns the reader to notbecome involved with!!!

so , the quick, easy, reduction to the simplist single number method of an alphabetical sequence of progressive letter value...is exactly what we're told not to do....,but instead to seek a 'wisdom'

as far as the hedonistic Prints Charles....
William is a more likely candidate, for the A-C,
with Charles taking on the FalseProphet personna of this evil tandem

[edit on 1-7-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Beast out of sea with 10 or so horns - Statue of Liberty. Makes sense, and current War on Terror could be described as 'by peace he shall destroy many'.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The Ten Horns of Revelations 17:12

"And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast."

These "ten horns" (ten religious kingdoms) occur (spout like horns) because of the Reformation in the 15th and 16th centuries.

"receive power as kings one hour with the beast" = they have many different but some similar doctrines and rules to that of the Roman Church (Lamb - beast).

Word 5610 "hour" literally or figuratively means a 'day, hour, season, or time'.
"one hour" defines a general period of time, being a season of 1,000 years (eg. 1001 to 2000 CE) during which ten different forms of Christianity sprout.

"ten kings" = * Waldensian 1184, Lutherans 1517, Anglicans 1536, Episcopalians, Presbyterians c.1559, Quakers 1600s, Baptists 1609, Congregationalists 1620, Mennonites 1683, and Methodists 1700s.
(Amish and Calvanists are excluded from this list as they were sub-groups derived from the Mennonites and Lutherans respectively.)

* Source: pp50-51, Religions of the World, Elizabeth Breuilly et al., Harper Colins Religions,
Australia, 1997.

Chronological Summary
"Seven kings" = 7 religious faiths of the Mediterranean region from a 5000 BCE to 95 CE religious perspective.
"Five have fallen" (ie. been superseded) = 1-5.
"One is" = 6.
"Other not yet come" = 7.
The "eighth" = 8.
The "ten horns (kings)" = - -. (see between 7 & 8)

1) Babylonian gods
2) Egypt gods
3) Judaism
4) Greek Mythical gods
5) Roman Mythical gods
6) (Roman) Christianity
7) Islam
- - Waldensian, Lutherans, Anglicans, Episcopalians, Presbyterians,
- - Quakers, Baptists, Congregationalists, Mennonites, Methodists.
8) Mormonism

Article Source: pp164-165, A New Bible Commentary - Ezekiel, Daniel, and Revelations, Eddy Pengelly, PPHC, 2005

Extract used with permission

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Actually there no real mystery here, the bible tells us who the horns are.
The key is knowing that the horns are what the bible also calls powers/governments/beasts.

In daniel we are told about 4 beast powers in the form of a statue.

Dan 2:36
This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.
Dan 2:37
Thou, O king, art king of kings, unto whom the God of heaven hath given the kingdom, the power, and the strength, and the glory;
Dan 2:38
and wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the birds of the heavens hath he given into thy hand, and hath made thee to rule over them all: thou art the head of gold.
Dan 2:39
And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee; and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.
Dan 2:40
And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron, forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things; and as iron that crusheth all these, shall it break in pieces and crush.
Dan 2:41
And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
Dan 2:42
And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
Dan 2:43
And whereas thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men; but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron doth not mingle with clay.

Then in zech. we are told about 4 Horns/powers/beasts/governments that specifically oppress the nation of Israel as a whole and Judah in particular.

Zec 1:18
Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and behold four horns.
Zec 1:19
And I said unto the angel that talked with me, What be these?
And he answered me, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem.
Zec 1:20
And the LORD shewed me four carpenters.
Zec 1:21
Then said I, What come these to do?
And he spake, saying,
These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head:
but these (carpenters) are come to fray them, to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it.

It also has a time stamp on it...when the Lords anger with Israwel as a nation is spent.

Zec 1:14
So the angel that communed with me said unto me, Cry thou, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.
Zec 1:15
And I am very sore displeased with the heathen that are at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.
Zec 1:16
Therefore thus saith the LORD; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem.
Zec 1:17
Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.

Now to identify the ten horns of the last beast...we find them in psalms 83. And these just so happen to be the very horns/powers that are troubling Israel today...and specifically Judah.
And they are saying the very things being said today by Israels enemies.

Psa 83:4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
Psa 83:5
For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:

Psa 83:6
The tabernacles of (Edom), and the (Ishmaelites) of Moab, and the (Hagarenes);
Psa 83:7 (Gebal ), and (Ammon), and (Amalek); the (Philistines) with the inhabitants of (Tyre);
Psa 83:8
(Assur) also is joined with them: they have holpen (the children of Lot.) Selah.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I always figured that the seven heads were seven nations, and the 10 horns were 10 armies, but 3 of which that belong to 1 of the heads.

This makes sense considering you have Iran, and it has two proxy armies: The Mahdi Army jokers in Iraq, and Hezbollah in Lebanon, plus Iran's conventional army, the Republican Guard. So, theres 1 head with 3 horns.

Now find 6 other nations that hate Israel. Should take about 10 seconds and youll end up with more than 6, lol.

Here is some: Syria, Palestine, Turkey, Russia, Lebanon, Iraq.

[edit on 11/4/2007 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The best interpretation ,IMHO, of the 10 horns,etc. comes from "Antichrist-Islam's Awaited Messiah" by Joel Richardson.

"The 10 horns represent the ten nations or kings that will comprise the antichrist empire. But the seven heads are seven empires that have existed throughout history that all have been foreshadows of the final empire that is to come".

He claims the eighth empire will be ruled by the antichrist, who will be a muslim and will rule his empire from Turkey, previously known as the Ottoman Empire,or the seventh empire. Since "the beast who once was, and is not, is an eighth king"(daniel) the prophesy would hold true for Turkey to be the next empire.

Also, the Islamic world is awaiting the mahdi to rule their restored Islamic Caliphate which was seated in Turkey until 1923.

Ezekiel 38 tells us the names of these nations which will attack Israel in the Gog-Magog war to come. It highlights Turkey along with Turkic nations of central Asia, Southern Russia(Islamic),Libya,Sudan,and Iran. Israel is completely surrounded by these nations of the antichrist.

"God's War On Terror" by an ex-terrorist Walid Shoebat is also a good source material for eschatology.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Don't confuse the ten heads with the ten areas of the Arab Confederacy in Psalm 83 which is defeated by Israel before the Gog/Magog war. Note the areas in Psalm 83 include Lebanon,Gaza,Egypt,Saudi Arabia,Jordan and Syria.

Why are they missing from the antichrist's final empire? Could it be they won't be around for that?

Interesting times we live in.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Interesting posts.
I should probably change my username to something like I'mnotthereyet
I have only recently been introduced to the idea that the 10 horns are not the WEU but rather 10 Islamic nations around the med. However I am not yet convinced.

What I am entertaining at present is that the WEU is the beast and that there are 10 Islamic kings who will be placed in power over the EU for a short period near the end of the 7 years. Rev says the 10 horns reign for 3 1/2 years but Rev 18 says that there are 10 horns that reign with the beast for one hour.

I am sure right now that the little horn will come out of Turkey simply because Turkey is the only one of the 4 regions given to Alexander the greats generals that is trying to join the EU. This will give Islam the foothold it needs in a predominantly non Muslim entity. Population explosion of Muslims within EU member states will likely give way to elected Muslim leaders in 3 existing states which will then simply hand their authority over to Turkey shortly after it joins.

Many have said things like "rips out" 3 of the first horns but I think the verse describing this event needs looked at closer.

It is becoming very evident that Islam is the final enemy as it has been down through the ages. Remember that the one who sets up his personal kings over the Beast hates the whore and destroys her in one hour.
The whore is obviously the One World Religion with the Pope at the wheel. I can't see the existing WEU hating her as most of their leaders are submitted to her, However, if Islam takes control of the beast you can bet your booties it will hate the whores involvement and not think twice about blowing it off the face of the earth. The Koran is very clear about it's opinion of Christianity, which is what the Whore represents to them, though we know that it has nothing to do with Christ.

Interestingly I listened to a paster recently who was Muslim prior to conversion who spoke and read Arabic. He said that the number 666 was originally an Arabic word that could not be translated properly into English. He said that the proper translation was Allah is Lord or something like that. I will have to recheck its exact meaning but if this is true then the puzzle is beginning to come a lot clearer and it is all about Islam and Israel and the rest of us are kinda puppets that are just being used to bring about the end.

As for Gog and Magog, they are mentioned in the text of Ezekiel 38... and Rev 20. They are destroyed by fire in both cases and if you pour over the context I am sure you will find that the 2 events are the same and therefore describe an event that takes place at the end of Christs 1000 yr. reign.

Obviously there is an involvement during our time but we need to be careful how we interpret this.

We are getting closer...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cwhjra

I am sure right now that the little horn will come out of Turkey simply because Turkey is the only one of the 4 regions given to Alexander the greats generals that is trying to join the EU.

I suggest you're looking at the wrong set of Alexander's successors.

Surely you should be looking at the territory which which was taken over by the Seleucid line.
The most notorious member of this line is Antiochus Epiphanes, the original "placer of an abomination in the Temple", who ought to be regarded as the "first draft" of the little horn.

This line was not based in Turkey, but in what is now Iraq/Iran. The original capital, which they named Seleucia, is not all that far from Baghdad and Babylon.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I understand why some say it could be Syria, but if the WEU is the beast then the little horn must rise up amongst the EU as a member in order to be the little horn. There is no indication that Syria is advancing in this direction.

If, however, the 10 horned beast is a new entity that arises out of the Med Islam nations, then I could see a possible Syrian little horn. There are problems with this idea though. One is that if there is a 10 nation Med Islamic unity then I would think that Syria would be a part of the original 10 and therefore could not be the 'other little horn'. I have yet to see a viable teaching on a 10 nation Islamic group that fits.

Many usually mix the scriptures involving end times characters and say that the little horn and the prince who makes the covenant and the king of the north and the one who sits in the temple are all the same man and therefore attribute all of the scriptures that describe each of these to one man they call the Antichrist. When I read these scriptures I see as many as 4 different people and therefore the attributes of each must be designated properly.

First there is the prince who makes the covenant. It would seem that he 'must' come out of the WEU simply because it was Titus and the Roman soldiers under the orders from Caesar that destroyed the city and the sanctuary. I know of no connection to Islam that could be made to the people who destroyed the city and the sanctuary. To further strengthen this understanding Solana has already confirmed a 7 year covenant with many nations around the Med including Israel. Therefore this seems to be a solid understanding of Daniel 9:26,27.

The second character is the Daniel 11's king of the North. This has to be the king of Syria because all of the prophecies leading up to verse 21 have been fulfilled by Syria kings of the past. There is no reason to think that this character would come from any other nation after verse 21. Everything that is written about this king 'must' be attributed to the king of Syria and no one else.

The third character is the little horn. This could be the king of Syria, I guess, if things happen soon to cause the 10 nations of Islam to rise up and not include the king of Syria. I highly doubt that this will be the case seeing as we only have a few months to play with as midst of 2010 is the midst of the 2007 covenant. This whole idea seems so confusing and conjecture. However, if the 10 full members of the WEU is the beast we are trying to find, then what I have before stated stands. The only person trying to join at this time is from Turkey. Everything attributed to his character in Daniel 7 and 8 must solely be attributed to him and not to the prince of the covenant or the king of the north in order to have a true understanding.

The forth and final character is the one who sits in the temple and calls himself God. His identity is not revealed until he sits in the temple at the end of the 7 year covenant. Many say he is the same man who makes the covenant and disregard the verse that says very clearly that he will not be known until he sits in the temple. They do not think God is serious in this scripture apparently. Others say he is revealed in the midst of the 7 when he breaks the covenant and sits in the temple. This too is out of context as the word does not say he sits in the temple at this time. It says, speaking of the little horn , that he sets up the abomination that causes desolation. Why would it say he sets up 'an' abomination if the abomination was himself. This makes no sense. The abomination is an idol. It is a statue of someone that pertains to the person of worship of the one who sets it up. I personally think that the temple will be turned over to the Pope for the last 3 1/2 years and that the idol will very likely be a statue of Mary. This remains to be seen. The point here is that the one who sits in the temple is a forth person who will not be identified until he sits in the temple

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join