It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nerd dies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
So sad.

Apparently he had nothing better to do than get fat, play video games and die.

Dont get me wrong. I love the occasional game. But man, this is pathetic.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think it qualifies as the first known case of video game o.d.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't know how he could have done that. I tried going to a 24 hour gaming marathon LAN party with prizes and all that and I couldn't even last half that time. I left about 10 hours into it and didn't come back.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I don't know how he could have done that. I tried going to a 24 hour gaming marathon LAN party with prizes and all that and I couldn't even last half that time. I left about 10 hours into it and didn't come back.

are you a big giant loner with no social life?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i have done a 12 hour lan and i must say i nearly collapsed and i consider myself to be a pretty headstrong gamer, I can see how this man has died ,your brain would just plain fry after a while

And Lans arent full of nerds BTW , ive been to a few and there are some pretty cool people ,shouting insults across the room throwing keyboards at each other and what not lol

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I was referring to the dead guy. he was a big fat loner with no social life, which is what probably made it easier for him to sit and play for as long as he did.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
double post,

my bad

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I was referring to the dead guy. he was a big fat loner with no social life, which is what probably made it easier for him to sit and play for as long as he did.

Oh,Sorry man my bad ,

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Nope, I'm a healthy 6'2 185 physically fit guy who loves to party.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
that explains how you couldn't make it past the first hour

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

sadly its not .

news.bbc.co.uk...

A South Korean man has died after reportedly playing an online computer game for 50 hours with few breaks.

ive even read about people who pissed in jars so they wouldnt have to leave their comp. talk about 1337!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
ive even read about people who pissed in jars so they wouldnt have to leave their comp. talk about 1337!

More like pathetic. This reminds me of the World of Warcraft South Park episode. MOM BATHROOM!!!!! hahahahah

Addictions come in many forms whether it be smoking, gambling, drinking, drugs, gaming, etc. With technology growing at an exponential rate and our day to day lives relying on it so much I can sadly say we will see more of this sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm an internet addict I spend way too much time on the internet, though 75% of that time is not playing games but ether reading educational articles or posting on forums.

Also I'm overweight (not as fat as that guy) and I think I'm slowly losing weight which is weird cus I'm not trying to.

Bleah that is pathetic though...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I used to be a rather bad game addict myself, especially in high school. Aside from holidays and family visits, every day of those 4 years I was either at school or at home playing an MMO. Fortunately for me my high school was fairly easy, and I was able to pass with a B average with last minute cramming and catching up on my ZZZ's during certain classes. Now being in college, the Internet is really more of a lifestyle than an addiction, and gaming has become more of a hobby to simply pass the free time.

I don't know that I would use the word pathetic to describe what happened to this man, as extensive gaming is not uncommon at all. Perhaps irresponsible would be a more appropriate word. I bet a little more sleep and nutrition than what he provided himself would have prevented his death. It is saddening to say the least. :shk:

[edit on 3/1/2007 by somedude]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
All judgment aside, it says something about the interface of biology and machinery.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow...That is...sad? Not sure.. But i'm a gamer also.. I've been to a few LAN parties, which only lasted as long as the weed and DR.Pepper did.
Not all LAN parties are full of "geeks". And so what if the guy was a loner, big deal. It doesn't really matter now, he's dead.. LMAO But I can see him doing the Cartman thing on SouthPark.. Oh man, that sucks.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I was required to spend at least 3 hours outside doing something with my friends when I was a kid. Plus the games sucked back then.

You have to have balance, and you have to freaken sleep people.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I believe this is the second recorded death as a result of OG, Over-gaming. It happened last year in Taiwan or China.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

And Lans arent full of nerds BTW , ive been to a few and there are some pretty cool people ,shouting insults across the room throwing keyboards at each other and what not lol

Um, nerds throwing keyboards are still nerds.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Um, oh yeah, I just want to clarify...

I love nerds.
The world wouldn't be such a super cool place to live without the hard work of nerds.
Don't get me wrong, I was never the type to pick on nerds...
I did however, hire myself out to protect nerds from those who would.
Just keeping things in perspective, okay?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join