It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Vote For You?

page: 1

join
share:
Ex

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Please state briefly what makes you different
from everyone else
running in this magnificent campaign?

Why Should I Take The Time To Check Your Name?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
Please state briefly what makes you different from everyone else
running in this magnificent campaign?

Why Should I Take The Time To Check Your Name?

Because I care.

I really, honestly care. I'm not just some kid who considers this the next online game, or some sort of MMO. This isn't just a popularity contest, nor is it a soapbox where I can blahblahblah or crack jokes to my heart's content.

I care.

I'm a married homeowner expecting his first child this year, in an uncertain time when it looks like the entire world and country is on the brink of either figuratively or literally going to hell. Everything I've ever been raised to believe in as an American, freedom, liberty, humanity, and being "The Good Guys" has been systematically defaced and disassembled since 2001.

I have learned from my mistakes in the past, I've learned to see past my immediate surroundings, and to take the entire world into consideration. I've come to the realization that we, the human race, can no longer take for granted that there will be a world left for our children to live in.

Because of this, I have planned to run for office in real life. Not for "real" President in 2008, because I won't be 35. But perhaps 2012 or 2016. Along the way, however, the offices of mayor, congressman, governor, senator, all of these will become open to me.

This isn't just some game. This is a test. A test to see if I've got what it takes, and if enough people agree with my platform, to persue a political career in real life. If I don't win the election on ATS, I should have a pretty good idea why, and can carry those lessons into the real world.

However, I take this race very seriously, and have put an enormous amount of thought and time into it.

Thank you for considering my response, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Simple:

You think I would do the best job for you, the Nation you live in and those you care about on the issues that matter to you, the Nation and them. There's no other reason. You elect me on your behalf if you do not think I would do a good job there's no reason you should vote for me but if you think I would do the best job than I hope I could count on that vote.

Peter.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Simple: Because I have a REAL plan to secure the country.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
A vote for What U KNO is a vote for chainge!

In these times of great political unrest we as Americans need to strive more thain ever to protect our constitutional rights and our civil liberties. I What U KNO will be Your abovepolitics.com commentator on the political events of the day. With me as your ATS president you can be assured of the highest quality information that you can use.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Because I don't believe I can do any worse that the guy in charge at the moment

Seriously though, I'm trying to look at the bigger picture. I'm not into quick fixes and knee-jerk reactions. I'm looking at the long term for the benefit of the whole country.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Why should you vote for me?
Well, because you like my policies and stances on the issues.

To give you a less simplistic answer though.

A vote for me is a vote for absolute personal freedom, but free help if
you need it (IE rehab and such if you want to quit).
A vote for me is a vote for a nation that believes in Freedom, the
democratic process, Justice, Equality, Peace, a truly secular state,
Science and Truth.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If you agree with my platform and feel that i will be the best person for the job then that is your reason.

Ex

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I thank you all for taking the time to respond!
I am not a one issue voter and am moved by the
personal agendas each of you carry.
I will have many other questions as the elections continue.

Sincerely
EX

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think that you should vote for me based on whether or not you agree with my platform. If you agree with my policies then feel free to vote for me. In the event that you disagree with my platform then please vote for somebody else.

All I ask is that you take the time to read as many of the platforms as you can (it's not like there's that many of us) and that you vote when the time comes.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I think that everyone should vote for me because I offer something that no one, as of yet, has offered. I offer the freedom to be a part of the formation of national policy.

YOU, yes YOU, could have the exact same power as those people that we elect every second, fourth, and sixth years to an office, where they sit around and write themselves pay raises. YOU can have the same voting power as these people, and will if you vote for me. Let's take the power away from the corporations, and give it back to those that really matter, the People... YOU!!

For Democracy,
TheBorg

df1

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You should vote for me because of my reverence for the US constitution, my commitment to the American people and my honest & unambiguous positions on the issues. I used the words quoted below in my platform statement.

I give all Americans my sincere and solemn vow that every decision I make as President of the United States of America will be my own and for the sole purpose of serving the best interests of the United States of America and the American people. I make this vow with no hesitation or reservations. Further I give you my personal commitment that I will spend a minimum of one day per week visiting an American community to obtain input from you the people which have trusted and employed me to administer your government. I will not forget you after I'm elected and the campaigning is finished.

These words are not rhetoric, I mean what I say.

Everyone will not agree with me on every issue, but in the end when it comes time to cast votes I think the voters will come to appreciate my honest candor and my sincere desire to serve America. I am not a politician. We have more than enough politicians to choose from if what America wants is chest beating, spin and BS.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by df1]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
  • Because i will apply your vote toward your future and your children's future and i will invest my time in office making sure our constitutional foundation is re-established for the good of WE the People.

• Because i will not spend tax money on myself - and i am serious about that.
    I figure about $40 in my pocket a week would be far more than enough...all i need is cigarettes....room and board, transportation, cellphone and internet...is provided - and i live very simply right now and am more than satisfied. I don't have a job except to be here for my mom who is 80...my biggest worry is her falling outside trying to move the water hose or something...the Secret Service can help me out with that and i can do what i need to do.

• I'm not going to spend my time in meetings or whatever else it is that takes up Mr. Bush's time these days....obviously whatever he does is just busy work...IMO. What power does the President have - truly? I have no desire to be a politician. I am going to travel the country and visit every town if that is possible. I would like to meet America. I can't be an advocate if i don't know what is needed and who needs it. Those that are truly in need are never going to come to the oval office, anyway. I would like to visit homeless shelters and see why people are there....and talk to them....and if there are homes in the community empty then i will find the owners and make them see the importance of people more than money....i am pretty persistent and i figure i might have a little more power of persuasion if i am the president! It's kind of like when you really need/want a job...if you just call and call, every day at least once and better if it is twice...you WILL get the job.

• Because i am not going to worry about what the lobbyists and the CEO's and such think i need to do - i am not going to compromise our economy any further by worrying about what the rich guys want/need/expect. They are already rich - they don't need me and i don't need their approval. I am not a very social person at all...i prefer to be alone and i would rather think about what i can do to fix things rather than to fit in or pad my comfort zone.

• Because I refuse to be fearful or to be diplomatic to the point of not speaking the truth. I can be tactful but i am not one to go along with things just because it is PC or because it is tradition.

• The thing that weighs most heavily on my mind currently is the increased fearfulness that is becoming more important to us than our freedom. I'm not sure how it might work but to be perfectly honest i do not want to be cloaked in a massive cloud of black suits wearing cop glasses for the next 4 years....i was thinking about this last night. We elect a president and then he lives in a bubble of constant fear (on SOMEONE's part) of being shot by the random crazy guy or disgruntled postal worker...and so we have a president who is scared of us or at least on the other side of a human shield at all times....at risk ourselves if we get too close....that is not public service and it is not at all freedom for him...from fear or just physically day to day.

• IF someone shoots me, then so be it. If i'm for real then maybe they won't. If they do, then i'll be famous forever and my VP will get to be Mr. Big. It isn't like there isn't a back up plan. I'd rather let people know that i care more about this country and our collective future than in a life that is going to end in one way or another REGARDLESS. if i die knowing i did only half the job i could have/should have done given such an opportunity...then why even bother?

• Because i have one reason and one reason alone for even considering running for the president of this country, and that is that I LOVE America and feel it is a precious thing in many ways and i truly desire to see it established according to the principles it was founded on...is not about ME but about everyone else - the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. The government that was started so momentously 200 years ago WAS NEVER broken...it didn't fizzle out or flop....there is no reason it won't work - when the profit factor is removed and self-promotion...the power will go back to the people and that is what needs to be.

• And that is why you should vote for me. Because i don't want to be president....but more than that i don't want us to lose our freedom, our self-respect, or our lives. I truly feel that this is a serious issue and if we don't try a totally different approach...we won't have to worry about too many more presidential elections.

• Last but not least....it will be definitely be the CRAZIEST 4 years of my life and quite possibly yours, too! But in the end it will be fun and we will be better off. I know this because i am not afraid to do anything necessary....in 4 years max...

df1

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
And that is why you should vote for me. Because i don't want to be president...

Did somebody twist your arm and force you to declare your candidacy? If not then the above statement isn't true, which invalidates the reason you say we should vote for you. Al Gore says he doesn't want to be President, but we all know better. He is casting himself politically as the reluctant hero that will ride in on his white horse and save us all.

Why should your denial of Presidential aspirations be viewed any less cynically than Al's denial?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Did somebody twist your arm and force you to declare your candidacy? If not then the above statement isn't true, which invalidates the reason you say we should vote for you.

Yeah, I pretty much have to agree with Groucho on this one. If you don't want to be President, then you really shouldn't be running. That's not to say you don't have a right to, but it does say there's a huge contradiction in your actions versus your words.

Originally posted by df1
Al Gore says he doesn't want to be President, but we all know better. He is casting himself politically as the reluctant hero that will ride in on his white horse and save us all.

I have to disagree with you there, Groucho. I think Al has found his true calling. I think he would agree to be Vice President, if asked. I'd even go so far as to say he's probably really hoping to be asked, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts he does not run for the 2008 election as a Presidential Candidate.

I've been watching and reading him a lot, to be perfectly and bluntly honest, I think he thinks his current job is more important than the Presidency.

PS: I hope you don't mind me calling you Groucho. It's meant as a compliment.

[edit on 3/10/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Why should you vote for me? That is a simple answer. That is because I will uphold the constitution, I will restore our national security and I will defeat Al-queda to the best of my ability. I will handle the Iranian-Israel-USA conflict with peaceful diplomacy. I do not feel that we should go to war with anymore countries and I feel that we should still do covert wars but the CIA should be in charge of those however we should not be to blame for what happens after the orders to go to war are given.

- I will make the United States a credible nation again. I will initiate contact with other nations about how we should handle diplomacy issues with each other. I am going to make sure that our foreign policy is safe and we aren't getting into trouble. We have gotten into far much trouble in the last eight years and also this is just a ploy that George W Bush is doing for his daddy to try to ruin our reputation. "hey George H Bush would you like helping me out here? I could use you running the entire campaign for me and telling me what to do the whole time so that I can be monarch of the U.S secretly" GHB: "Sure, all you need to do is to sell your soul and then you'll be fine." That's how I think it went.

- I will not give terrible speeches when I run for President. The current President is leaving everyone behind. I mean the President is attempting to raise our education standards but I presume that the literacy rate of our country was higher when Bill Clinton was President. We need a hero and I think I can raise the education standards by implementing programs that help people read and denouncing scams like the programs run by Pizza hut that don't help people read that are just scams to get them to be lazier.

- I will have talks with Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and all of the major political parties about what we should do next. I will be more of a centrist so that you will see that I do not have one particular political agenda and that I will accompany all parties.

- I WILL NOT SLEEP WITH THAT WOMEN!!! Even though you may think that I did there is no proof that I slept or had relationships with that women. That's a lie, and that's downright impossible to say that I did that.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Did somebody twist your arm and force you to declare your candidacy?

NO. You misunderstand me.

Obviously your primary reason for being president is that YOU want to be President.

My primary reason for running for president is because i would like to fix the country's problems. The country that is of the people, by the people, and for the people.

And yes...the people are twisting my arm. You just don't hear them as I do. You hear the issues. I hear the voice of those who cry out for relief from their oppressors - their rulers.

Which is the government.

I desire to be a LEADER not a RULER.

We lead by example. I am going to follow the example of George Washington. And hopefully the next president will follow me.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Honesty! I will not preach about what I will do, but rather what I will work to do. I make no empty promises, just promises that I can keep. The basic premise of my campaign is that I will work for change and do so by respecting the constitution and the individual rights guaranteed by it.

df1

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
I have to disagree with you there, Groucho. I think Al has found his true calling. I think he would agree to be Vice President, if asked. I'd even go so far as to say he's probably really hoping to be asked, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts he does not run for the 2008 election as a Presidential Candidate.

My thought is that Gore doesn't want to go through a grueling primary season battling Obama, Hillary & Edwards, so is hoping for a deadlock. At this point he envisions the Democratic Party coming to him as the elder statesman in order to bring unity to a divided party. Even if he believes that he is pursuing his true calling on the global warming issue, the US Presidency would make it much easier for him to achieve his goals.

Didn't both Clinton and Bush already use that line?

Obviously your primary reason for being president is that YOU want to be President.

It was always obvious to me, your the one that obscured the obvious by claiming no desire to be President.

of the people, by the people, and for the people.

We have a document that is suppose to make the government operate this way. In fact I have spent most of my campaign lobbying for restoration of it's precepts, it is called the US Constitution.

You just don't hear them as I do. You hear the issues.

As it stands, we already have one President too many that hears voices the rest of us don't hear and is not well versed on the issues.

I hear the voice of those who cry out for relief from their oppressors...

Quite Clintonesque, it reminds me of his "I feel your pain" rhetoric. IMHO you are well prepared for a career in politics.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by df1]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Didn't both Clinton and Bush already use that line?

I have no idea. I don't listen to their speeches.

It was always obvious to me, your the one that obscured the obvious by claiming no desire to be President.

I didn't obscure anything. Did you read the rest of my post?

of the people, by the people, and for the people.

We have a document that is suppose to make the government operate this way. In fact I have spent most of my campaign lobbying for restoration of it's precepts, it is called the US Constitution.

Do YOU know what the President's MAIN duty is? As president? Do you?

You just don't hear them as I do. You hear the issues.

As it stands, we already have one President too many that hears voices the rest of us don't hear and is not well versed on the issues.

Joan of Arc also heard voices no one heard.
Issues? I am far too well-adjusted in my psyche to worry about issues! I've worked through all mine.
HOWEVER i do know what the root problems are....the issues aren't roots..they are branches. DEAD branches.

I hear the voice of those who cry out for relief from their oppressors...

Quite Clintonesque, it reminds me of his "I feel your pain" rhetoric.

Obviously with HIM it WAS rhetoric...was he ever poor? Hell, he never even INHALED!!! I have. Both.

The problem with the current political system is that they only listen to each other and NOT the citizens. I won't call them voters, because no one wants to vote anymore - not that I blame them - it is the politicians who eventually vote for themselves!!!

IMHO you are well prepared for a career in politics.

You're right. That would have been a shameful waste of 38 years. Besides that, I am not aiming for a career in politics. Never was and never will.

That is what I meant when I said:
I don't want to be president.
But I will surely do it. Because I believe in what the founding fathers believed in.

AND:
I AM prepared. More prepared than you would assume. I've been mentored by the very best and have studied to show myself approved.

top topics

join