It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite airline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Mine has to be Virgin maybe cos its "no ordinary airline!"

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My favorite 'practical' airline used to be AirTran. The one that fed people to all those gators in Florida?

Since it's retooling, every 4th flight you book with Amex IS FREE! I used to use all I could when I travelled for work and STILL had free flight coupons expire on me.

There's only so many weekends.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
As a frequent flier...Continental. They have the best frequent flier program of them all...

Delta's got nicer planes though, and Jet Blue has the best flight experience...

But, with elite status on Continental, you get First Class pretty often (depending on when you fly), so not too shabby.....

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
On coming back to England from the Caribbean we got diverted to America and flew on Continental, we got the most leg room in standard seats (at the from next to the toilets) but the blankets and pillows are AWFUL (smell of sick, and the blankets just a sheet), and the air conditioning is waaaay to cold, when we flew with First Choice on the way there it was alot nicer, and about �300 cheaper!

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Cathay Pacific. I think if AMerican air carriers want to keep thier business they need to take a page out of their book, insteadof having high priced flights with low budget service and old and ugly flight attendants. Plus, they need to make bigger seats.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am not saying that i am fat but most airline seats i have sat in arent big enough for me you are right Colonel seats must be made bigger for more comfort and an enjoyable flight

I flew Virgin last xmas and was in Premieum Economy class and they say you have more legroom hell i was getting cramped i reckon its the same legroom as in economy class

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Singapur Airlines rocks!
they got a LCD-Screen on every seat!

do not fly with Onur Air...(turkish) terrible service..took a trip to cyprus with that damn airline...

greetings!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mauigateway
Singapur Airlines rocks!
they got a LCD-Screen on every seat!

Most top airlines have them! Yeah Singapore Airlines is 1 of the best.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My vote is for World Airways, followed by Air Micronesia (now part of Continental). Friendly staffs, efficient, way cool.

Hawaiian is really good.

US domestic (mainland or lower 48) , probably gotta be Midwest Express - 'cause the entire aircraft is 1st class (no bad seats), really nice employees.

Drunk, maybe you should have set up a poll. Or break it down by function, ya know, like ground service, flight service, aircraft seating, on time service, etc. Stay drunk, good message thread. Thanks.

Adonsa

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Oops, forgot to ask. Anybody ever flown on Hooters Airlines? (Hooters Air) I believe they fly between DC and Myrtle Beach, SC and maybe some other places in that neighborhood.
www.hootersair.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Theres a new Airline called Oasis but its aHong Kong based airline my dad flew it last Friday and he was impressed with them.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
IMO, Delta was always the best, but with their recent financial problems, service could very well be slipping over there.

[edit on 11/1/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't fly as often as I used to, but back in the 70's and 80's I was on flights at least twice a month and sometimes up to five or six flights a week depending on my job at the time.

My favorite airline of all time was Wardair based in Canada. You had the real silverware and china dinner service even in coach class, and first class was an area you were treated like royalty. When they got bought out by CP Air the service started to slide, but I flew CP for years after that.
I was so sorry to see Wardair go.

I flew on PanAm a few times and their service was also fantastic, but after the Lockerbie crash the company had a nail in their coffin and rapidly disappeared.

I've also flown with most of the major U.S. carriers but was never really impressed.

West Jet is a relative newcomer in Canada, though they've been operating for about 10 years now. They always seem to be on time, and I've never missed a connection, but they only have smaller planes in their fleet and don't do any long hauls without having to change planes or change airlines to get to your destination.

One thing about West Jet though, they have the best staff I've ever encountered on any airline, and I've been on a lot of planes over the years.

My shameless plug for West Jet.
www.westjet.com...

Their cabin crew is the best in the sky, and I'll be seeing them again on Monday.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Smoker's International Airways - Smintair. Smoking is allowed!

Take off, light up, chill out on smokers' airline

07 Nov 2006

"We would like to remind passengers that smoking is permitted on this flight."

"The crew can smoke as well," the former stockbroker said. Schoppmann came up with the idea as Germany considers toughening its smoking regulations, among the most lenient in Europe. Germans have been loath to ban smoking because of memories of Adolf Hitler, who forbade it in public places.

"Demand is strong," Schoppmann said. "We get people who say they want to fly with us, even though they have no business in Tokyo or Shanghai," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Actually, Hooters Air sounds interesting as well. If it is anything like Hooters in Taipei, I'd fly them even if I got nowhere to go...

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My sentimental favourite is Avianca

Although the est as far as I can tell is Singapore and Cathay Pacific, specially on their new 777-300ER

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Without a doubt, my favorite international carrier is Cathay Pacific. Not having much money, I have to go with 'sardine' class, even on the long haul flights (such as LA to Hong Kong, and I have even done the ultra-long haul from NY to HKG non-stop - Whew! That was a rough one!). I find that even in economy, the Cathay staff go out of their way to make your trip as comfortable as they can.

In the states, my top choice is American Airlines, but only because I can easily convert their miles to Asia Miles. But if it weren't for the miles, I would have to go with Delta. Nice, clean equipment and friendly staff.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Airtran - Operates the 717

AA - Operates tons of Md-80s
NW - Operates lots of Dc-9's

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Midwest is the only airline out there. Straight through to every destination I go to in the US.Champayne and chocolate chip cookies. And great bartenders (stewardesses)

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I have to say..Aer Lingus (though haven't travelled translantic with them for a while.)
Cathay Pacific.

Don't like AA, Delta or Virgin..AA planes and service is crap! Delta the same.
Virgin have decent planes and good facilities but crap service.

new topics

top topics

join