It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the UFO coverup? why not tell the truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Do government officals have good reason to NOt tell the public about ufo's?

1. Have the ETs told the government to cover it up?

2. Is government in fear from the ET's

3. Are the aliens trying to invade earth?

4. Have the ETs siad to the US government follow us or we will take out you whole AIR FORCE and military.

Is the US government scared?

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
1. Maybe, although I highly doubt it. I think that the gov't has covered up b/c they're afraid what might happen to them if they disclose info or they might have a sinister agreement with aliens not to disclose info b/c the aliens give them incredible technology years and years beyond current societal technology and they don't wanna break their end of the bargain and not get the technology and have the aliens leave and everything.

2. I seriously do not know. They could be but I think that the gov't's technology and advancement that they hide from the public is so high and far that they have no reason to fear them. the greys particularly probably have no real power except for their technology and if that's taken away, they're weak. The reptilians on the other hand are interdimensional beings who can easily take over people and make them do evil #. They are the ones whom people 'exorcise' from humans or refer to as 'demons.'
3.I doubt it. from what I've read, the Nordics are just here to watch our progress, the Greys just monitor us and use as lab rats (which may show their sinister plans), and the reptilians bred with humans long long ago and created bloodlines so they can use hybrids to take over.
4.No. I've read about an agreement with the aliens and the gov't signed by Truman where the aliens could abduct people and do experiments on them in exchange for technology but other than that, they're no threat to the gov't. I believe that many gov't agents and people in the gov't are hybrids or could be aliens in disguise.
No, the US gov't isn't scared. the only thing the gov't is scared of really is losing their contract the aliens for disclosing that the gov't has known about them and covered # up and the aliens could get mad and face fierce resistance from the people and they wouldn't be able to abduct us and use us for whatever they use us for. then the gov't wouldn't be able to increase technology with the help of ETs.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
My thoughts on the government coverup (if there even is one) is that the governments have no idea what is going on either.

I doubt there are interplanetary embassies on earth with offices, and earthlings and ETs greet each other on a daily basis and ask "How's the situation in Andromeda Galaxy coming along Mr. Prot?"

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Absolutely.

Aside from the backlash that would result from the decades of lies on the subject, there is the economic factor. Bad news causes economic instability. News like this would never be taken positively and it would most certainly put our world into economic collapse. If there is one thing the governments of the world do not want, its to see their status quo ruined from the revelation.

Impossible to know at this point. If ETs are being so secretive, which seems to be the case, then they either do have some kind of agreement with our governments, or its silently implied.

Most likely. Incredibly powerful beings from beyond would shake anybody up.

No. If they were going to invade, they'd have done it ages ago.

4. Have the ETs siad to the US government follow us or we will take out you whole AIR FORCE and military.

Impossible to know. I'm going to assume the answer is no.

Those that know about it, yes.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
well you got to remember that in 1939 Orson Wells did a radio show that was supposed to be like he was reporting a Martian invasion, people thought it was real and went nuts, they were terrified, shooting at anything that moved, hiding, I think some may have even committed suicide. Was it 1947 that the crash happened at Roswell less than 10 years later, unless the gov. wanted an reenactment they would have covered it up because it would have scared people again. People were just too afraid of such a thing back then to deal with it in a logical way. Well over 10 years ago i saw a huge silent one triangular shaped with large white lights on it end, a circulating light on the raised dome in the center of the ship it was the size of a football field and silent moving just above the trees going approx. 5 miles an hr, it went back and forth between the river and the mountains there were three of them, they were obviously looking for something, I wanted to share it with someone other than immediate family so I ran next door and got my neighbor and pulled her outside and showed her the aircraft she was shocked I said to her I always wanted to see a ufo and she said well I never did want to see one, perhaps in reality there are a lot more people like my neighbor than we think.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think that heelstone is right, bad news that our government has lied to us for all these years, would definitly cause economic collapse...

Theres always been the question of why cover it up aside from the economic reasons? are they here to harm us? ect... well my answer to that is, I highly doubt they are here to harm us, or help us for that matter, and i beleive if they reveal them selves now that we would look to them to help us... and they know if they helped us, that we would be dependent on them....

Thing is, depending on other people causes weaknesses on BOTH parties, more so on the person who is being depended on....

We right now, can not fend for our selves, we cant solve our differences, we cant get over the issues the human species have.... so it would be a desaster for them to show them selves...

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
My thoughts on the government coverup (if there even is one) is that the governments have no idea what is going on either.

I doubt there are interplanetary embassies on earth with offices, and earthlings and ETs greet each other on a daily basis and ask "How's the situation in Andromeda Galaxy coming along Mr. Prot?"

I tend to agree with that.

Just looking at the situation from a sociological standpoint, you're talking about the single greatest, most influential and important moment in human history: the discovery of alien life. The proof we are not alone in the universe. And even more impressive, it's intelligent and can reach us.

Wow.

If you're talking about a conspiracy dating back to the 1940's, involving any number of agencies, presidents, countries, armies, people, etc....I just DO NOT believe that it COULD be kept a secret. We're having problems now keeping the lid on what are supposedly top secret aircraft or weapons projects, something mundane like that that people outside of the intelligence community or military wouldn't be too interested to find out.
Obviously, if you walked into a bar and said "I have proof the USAF is developing a new super-sonic plane", most people would be like "whoa...cool. I hope they kill osama with it.".
If you walked into a bar and said "I have proof the USAF is hiding alien spaceships and has running contact with an Alien civilization" (and you had PROOF so everyone didn't think you were nuts), people would be in a state of shock. Why? Because this is a subject that interests and effects the lives of EVERY HUMAN ON THE PLANET.

So do I really think the government, or any government, could keep such a monumental seceret THIS SECURE for SO LONG? Of course not. Someone somewhere would get proof, real proof, and leak it. The greatest secret in the history of humanity could NOT be kept by any indivdual or any agency for very long, if at all. I don't care how dedicated, how well-guarded, how intelligent or ingenious the methods, something this monumental (and we really have NOTHING else to even compare it to in scale. Nothing comes anywhere near the magnitude of Alien life) would get out very soon if there was any attempt to hide it.

I'm not ruling out some UFOs may in fact be alien in origin, because some video show craft that simply defy the laws of physics as we understand them. But like the second poster said, I think the government is just as in the dark as most of us. Perhaps conducting secret investigations (ala Project BlueBook), but do they have contact, or deals with these Aliens? I very sincerely doubt it. That's very much reminiscent of the X-Files and science fiction movies.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by akummma

Maybe the Gov't are the ET'S

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
[3. Are the aliens trying to invade earth?

No. If they were going to invade, they'd have done it ages ago.

Of course, there is a chance that they already did.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
You always have to consider the possibility that the whole UFO thing has been created by the government to shift attention away from their own actions. I don't personally believe this to be totally true but it's a possibility. We could be missing the whole point. I think that people would probably go nuts if aliens came. I don't think the economy would collapse as such, it would be damaged.

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by earthtone]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What if there is no true "UFO"? According to research stats, only 3-5% of sightings remain "unexplained". This is pretty low. I don't know what I find more disturbing; the fact that it is that low, or the fact that 95% of cases are people mistaking planes, Venus or any other common objects for UFO's. What percentage of the 3-5% is people lying, people on drugs, or simply a natural phenomenon that isn't known yet? What percentage of that is experimental military planes? I think that experimental planes is the most likely thing, because they are pretty rare, and often have odd design but definitely look like something humans would build.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
According to research stats, only 3-5% of sightings remain "unexplained".

Incorrect.

Project Blue Book Special Report #14 had 20% unknown cases out of 3,201 carefully studied sightings.

Beyond that, it only takes one real case to make this subject a reality. Three percent would be a good percentage as well even if it was true (which it isn't).

We've got evidence for cover up for at least two cases. The 1965 Edwards AFB and 1980 Rendlesham Forest incidents. We also have lots of highly credible people who stated that Roswell was a real alien ship crash, even astronauts claim this. Anyway, there is evidence.

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   

According to research stats, only 3-5% of sightings remain "unexplained".

Incorrect.

Project Blue Book Special Report #14 had 20% unknown cases out of 3,201 carefully studied sightings.

Beyond that, it only takes one real case to make this subject a reality. Three percent would be a good percentage as well even if it was true (which it isn't).

We've got evidence for cover up for at least two cases. The 1965 Edwards AFB and 1980 Rendlesham Forest incidents. We also have lots of highly credible people who stated that Roswell was a real alien ship crash, even astronauts claim this. Anyway, there is evidence.

Project Sign, Project Grudge and Blue Book combined constitutes about 13000 cases, after 1969. Out of all these cases 600-700 only remained unexplained, that's about 4.5%.

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by Helioform]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helioform
What if there is no true "UFO"? According to research stats, only 3-5% of sightings remain "unexplained". This is pretty low. I don't know what I find more disturbing; the fact that it is that low, or the fact that 95% of cases are people mistaking planes, Venus or any other common objects for UFO's. What percentage of the 3-5% is people lying, people on drugs, or simply a natural phenomenon that isn't known yet? What percentage of that is experimental military planes? I think that experimental planes is the most likely thing, because they are pretty rare, and often have odd design but definitely look like something humans would build.

Yes but 50-75% of all Percentages are false anyways, so who really knows who's telling the truth and who's lying to us? The general public are far less likely to be liars than those who work for the Gov't

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Project Sign, Project Grudge and Blue Book combined constitutes about 13000 cases, after 1969. Out of all these cases 600-700 only remained unexplained, that's about 4.5%.
Right. Project Blue Book Special Report #14 was released in 1955, well before the end of PBB. Though its still a valid document and can be used to substanciate a higher percentage of the unknown category despite the final official tally. 4.5% is still an amazingly high number of unknown cases if indeed any are actual extraterrestrial craft, even less than 1% would be too much to ignore.

If you were making a cure for cancer and tried 13,000 different drugs and only 600-700 worked, wouldn't you actually have a cure for cancer? I would think so.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by Helioform]

How many of these explanations in Project Bluebook were misinformation? Glowing swmp gas, lights from a distant train reflecting off moisture in the air or whatever are lame excuses by anybody's standards....

The official line for Rendelsham for instance (admittedly not a blue book incident but a good example of wrong explanations) - i believe was the lighthouse.... sorry lighthouse lights do not manifest themselves as solid objects landing in a forest making definitive impressions on the ground and then taking off again AND being seen by others who are not in a direct line of sight with the same lighthouse...

I really haven't done a lot of research on this as much as some of you may have ... perhaps I shall. I do know that a researcher poured over the findings of Bluebook and came up with over 1500 unexplained incidents out of 3,201 after weeding out the explanations that were even less plausible than ET coming to visit~

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Right. Project Blue Book Special Report #14 was released in 1955, well before the end of PBB. Though its still a valid document and can be used to substanciate a higher percentage of the unknown category despite the final official tally. 4.5% is still an amazingly high number of unknown cases if indeed any are actual extraterrestrial craft, even less than 1% would be too much to ignore.

If you were making a cure for cancer and tried 13,000 different drugs and only 600-700 worked, wouldn't you actually have a cure for cancer? I would think so.

Yes but the thing is that unidentified simply means that it's not "recognized", it doesn't mean that it's a craft piloted by ET's. What if they're all top secret projects? Do you really think official documents would include that as a possibility? What better way to divert attention from sensitive projects than to let the public go wild with theories about ET's visiting us. Area 51 is a good example, we know that experimental planes are being developped there and have been for a while - yet officials deny it exists.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Yes but the thing is that unidentified simply means that it's not "recognized", it doesn't mean that it's a craft piloted by ET's. What if they're all top secret projects? Do you really think official documents would include that as a possibility? What better way to divert attention from sensitive projects than to let the public go wild with theories about ET's visiting us. Area 51 is a good example, we know that experimental planes are being developped there and have been for a while - yet officials deny it exists.
Right. It could all be man-made craft. Its either that or extraterrestrial craft, or both. If it was just a non-conventional method of flight, this subject would not need 56+ years of secrecy. Our planet has had the sourge of nuclear destruction nipping at the minds of everybody since the end of WWII. A new wingless method of flight would not require such a lengthy cover up period comparatively. Its far more mundane. At least if that was all there was to it.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   

If it was just a non-conventional method of flight, this subject would not need 56+ years of secrecy. Our planet has had the sourge of nuclear destruction nipping at the minds of everybody since the end of WWII. A new wingless method of flight would not require such a lengthy cover up period comparatively.

I think that if this new method of flight involved more than a new technology, like a new abundant energy source for example, it would justify it. It would devastate the economy, which is largely based on oil, much more than news about ET's existing. There's also the issue of using the physics (antigravity for instance) behind it to make WMD's far more scary than a nuclear bomb.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
well, ya know, after reading and doin quite a bit of research on the UFO case, I am pretty sure that the gov't is covering up for only good reasons of their own. I really don't buy the gov't case that they're trying "to prevent chaos." It's the freaking 21st century, people! Do you think we're really as susceptible to go around panicking if the gov't proved they had alien knowledge as we were in the 50s? Dont forget that in the 30s that was a really new phenomenon. and the fact that it's so new has to account for something.

Ancient texts and whatnot have tons of accounts which could be interpreted as ET and probably are. the ancient Vedas and old texts of the Indus Valley/Sanskrit culture of India show a very possible situation with aliens posing as gods and being misinterpreted as gods fighting on the moon or on the earth or wherever. I've even read about pictures in the ancient texts and diagrams of the Vimanas which have been used by the chinese for their space program.

Although area 51 may be just covering up the fact that they're making stealth aircraft and distraction, I ask why wouldn't they just use the win-win situation? I have a theory which I think probably is more likely the situation. I call it now the Area 51 aliens-stealth theory. Area 51 looks from the outside to be a stealth aircraft base but on the inside (underground) they really harbor tons of aliens. But when people do lots of research on the aliens and area 51 connection and don't come up with much except for Bob Lazar, who probably is lying, the weak ufologists die out, and that leaves less people for the gov't to deal with. This in turn allows them to executve and carry out black projects while still being able to cover up the fact that they have aliens and do weird # to aliens and whatever else is going on. I mean, does it not make much sense to anyone but me that the gov't has been making stealth aircraft since 1955 when we haven't had a full scale war with aircraft using since the vietnam war? why would the gov't be making aircraft like that today? the world's been peaceful and all so why would we need it? isn't regular aircraft fine?

I also point out that isnt' it funny how suddenly in 1955 the gov't is making stealth aircraft when bak in the 40s they had nothing near that kind of technology? perhaps that's proof enough that they're working with aliens. And the fact that people are just now in the 20th century bein abducted on a wide scale must prove something is going on. I highly doubt that 1000s of abductees are insane. a lot of them are proven to be sane people who don't go around dabbling into the occult or whatnot and smoke weed or whatever they do. There's been a wave of black helicopter sightings since the 1970s and some of those have actually been said to have had MIB people come out.

I also would like to refer to the MIB enigma. If UFOs really were nothin more than stealth aircraft then why do these guys who have no evidence of being tied to the gov't go around threatening and trying to stop UFO sighters from telling about them? and how do these people somehow 'know' when someone sees a UFO if they didn't have special cameras or what's more, *gasp* they're interdimensional aliens themselves? the MIB have been noted to look oriental in the face and wear sunglasses usually and don't look like your avg. gov't agent.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join