It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore Mansion Uses 20X Average Household!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
... an inconvenient oversight!

POWER: GORE MANSION USES 20X AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD; CONSUMPTION INCREASE AFTER 'TRUTH'
Mon Feb 26 2007 17:16:14 ET

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions, issued a press release late Monday:

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

www.tennesseepolicy.org...

MOD EDIT: Please don't quote articles in full. Cite a paragraph or three and then link.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
why is it that every time I post a thread, it gets overlooked. Then, hours or days later.. someone posts the same thing and it gets plenty of responses?

lol. CONSPIRACY!

[edit on 27-2-2007 by fattyp]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
nonpartisan?

Surely you jest.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Y'know, I think this is a "non-news" item.

The "average household" square footage in Tennessee is about half the size of my house (a 4 bedroom house.) And I use (let's be surprised) about twice as much electricity as the average household in Tennessee... a bit more, in fact, since I've got high tech stuff all around.

The Tennessee governor's mansion probably uses 30x the power of the average household in Tennessee.

If we're going to be fair, compare Gore's household with others of similar size, and do it by square footage. Otherwise it's just people with an agenda trying to discredit the message in Gore's film.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Y'know, I think this is a "non-news" item.

I think you're right, it is a non-news item...at least to me. But that's because I'm not an environmental wacko.

This should be bread and butter for the environmental crowd. Here's this guy, the poster boy for global warming, shouting about how we're ruining our planet. Yet, he flies everywhere in a private jet, he lives in an enormous house which takes an enormous amount of power (likely generated by the creation of greenhouse gases), burns an enormous amount of gas, has not 1...but THREE large gas guzzling SUVs,etc. This guy is everything that the environmentalist folks hate...yet he's their posterboy. Isn't that ironic? Don't ya think?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I saw something on this earlier.

While he does use more power, he buys directly from the power authority,
which uses alternative energy sources as a part of its overall power
production.

He also is installing solar cells on his home, and uses flourescent bulbs.

Also, throughout his traveling during the making of "An Inconvienant
Truth", while he traveled he had a consultant on how to travel while
polluting the least.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yup, Loam, thaty looks like a pretty non-partisan source. You and yours are a joke. You like to rail against the NWO or one world gov't because you think it's all Bush and in the mean time you and yours support the policies that are REALLY leading to that catastrophie.

It shouldn't matter how big Algores house is. Since the production of his "the sky is falling" masterpiece his power use has gone UP. Way to care Al. Way to deny ignorance Loam. At least your consistant ...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
Yup, Loam, thaty looks like a pretty non-partisan source.

Dispute the facts. I have made no comments concerning sources on either side.

You and yours are a joke.

Lovely…and how persuasive.

You like to rail against the NWO or one world gov't

Show me.

I’ll save you the trouble… You can’t.

The NWO subject has never been my thing…but I see that doesn’t stop you from manufacturing details that support you delusional view.

because you think it's all Bush and in the mean time you and yours support the policies that are REALLY leading to that catastrophie.

Mind listing them for me?

It shouldn't matter how big Algores house is.

It is if you are trying to assert he is somehow more wasteful than others with similarly sized homes. Moreover, you completely avoid the fact that he actually pays more for his alternative energy choices.

Since the production of his "the sky is falling" masterpiece his power use has gone UP.

Really? The original article does not say that. Mind sharing where you get this view?

Way to deny ignorance Loam. At least your consistant ...

Thank you….and yes, I am.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Yup, Loam, thaty looks like a pretty non-partisan source.

Dispute the facts. I have made no comments concerning sources on either side.

You can't "set the record straight" with a source from left field. Can you?

You like to rail against the NWO or one world gov't

The NWO subject has never been my thing…but I see that doesn’t stop you from manufacturing details that support you delusional view.

You're right. The way I wrote that does seem to single you out, sorry. But if I had said, "the people lining up on your side of this debate," I think it would be a more sustainable point.

because you think it's all Bush and in the mean time you and yours support the policies that are REALLY leading to that catastrophie.

Again I should have said, "because a large 1/2 informed segment of our society thinks," not "because you think," sorry.

Mind listing them for me?

LifeSiteNews reported on September 16, 2005:

Former US President Bill Clinton has long dreamed of power in international affairs. He has long been rumoured to be the next to be tapped for UN Secretary General, and is a key player in the international movement that seeks to “unite” the world’s nations under a single, all-encompassing state governed by the UN’s favoured class of leftist elites.

Clinton’s latest project, the Clinton Global Initiative, (CGI), has attracted 1000 of the world’s most prominent internationalist movers and shakers this week. The three-day conference, which kicked off last night in New York, includes representatives of many of the world’s heads of state, is touted as a means “to forge a new level of global cooperation.” The stated goals of the meeting include finding solutions to “global poverty, religious conflict, government corruption and global warming.”

CGI’s goal is an “integrated global community of shared benefits, responsibilities, and values.”

Here's just one of the many "simple remedies" to the made-up crisis, you got it, world tax...
www.washingtonpost.com...

I could link these stories all day but they won't change your mind...

It shouldn't matter how big Algores house is.

It is if you are trying to assert he is somehow more wasteful than others with similarly sized homes. Moreover, you completely avoid the fact that he actually pays more for his alternative energy choices.

That "he pays more" should set bells off. Back in the day the elites had such a thing as a "whippin boy." If you could afford it, you could have someone else accept responsibility for your crimes. After the middle ages the people could pay the church for absolution. Well not all the people, only the elites who could afford it.

These carbon offsets seem like another, modern interpretation of the old whippin' boy.

Since the production of his "the sky is falling" masterpiece his power use has gone UP.

Originally posted by loamReally? The original article does not say that. Mind sharing where you get this view?

Here you go...I know some hate Drudge but his source here is good...

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
...If we're going to be fair, compare Gore's household with others of similar size, and do it by square footage. Otherwise it's just people with an agenda trying to discredit the message in Gore's film.

I doubt the average tennessean flies around the country in a private jet giving speeches for $20k per pop either.

Peter Camejo, the perennial Green Party candidate, lives with just his wife in a 6,000 sq foot home filled with all the electronic gizmos and labor savings devices al gore and other pseudo-environmentalists rail against. In a newspaper article on his lifestyle and home, he said he worked hard all his life and is now enjoying the fruits of his labor.

So.... when al gore and peter camejo do it it is OK. When the average (i.e. non 'environmental activist') does it they are a greedy capitalist polluter?

That is the definition of hypocrisy no matter you attempt to spin it.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
sorry edited out

[edit on 28/2/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

...Former US President Bill Clinton has long dreamed of power in international affairs. He has long been rumoured to be the next to be tapped for UN Secretary General, ...

Under the UN charter an American cannot be Secretary General.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Under the UN charter an American cannot be Secretary General.

Wrong.

Not found anywhere within the UN Charter.

...though I don't disagree that an American may never hold the position, nonetheless.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by loam]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Any of the five permanent members of the Security Council may not hold the SG position. The U.S. is a permanent member of the Security Council.

Also, appointment to the SG position requires unanimous agreement among the five permanent SC members. Any one of those 5 may veto a SG nomination, and the veto cannot be overridden. So even if a SC member wanted to be SG, it is highly unlikely the other 4 nations would unanimously allow it.

top topics

join