It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Kabballah Magic and the Tree of Life

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
hi all. this is sort of like a learning process for me and i dont claim to know everything about the kabballah or freemasonry so im just asking questions here. any info anyone can bring to light will be appreciated. i guess im just to a point where im tired of being confused about whats going on in this life and trying to look for some answers on how all of this ties together. so here goes....

i understand that all versions of freemasonry, rosicrucian, the skull and bones, the scottish rite freemasons, the ku klux klan, and crowleys ordo templi orientis, are derived from the original kabbalistic rituals of the knights templar. the holy grail of the templars is really a set of higher magical teachings. its not an object but a piece of information. kabbalistic in its origin, the holy grail is the highest kabbalistic secret...that is that physical matter can be transformed molecule by molecule by the use of incantations of ancient hebrew letters and numbers.

the kabbal i understand gives a kabballist a roadmap called the tree of life which explains how to invoke and communicate with powerful spirits such as a fallen angel named raziel. the magical information in the kabballah originates from babylon and ancient egypt.

the collection of text called the kabballah were eventually transcribed by a rabbi isaac the blind during the 12th century. for the first time in its 6000 year history the ancient magical technique of invoking fallen demonic angels were put down on paper. the kabballistic writings fell into the hands of 9 french nobelman. these nobelman became known as the knights templar and from them branches out to the groups that are known today.

the word cabal meaning a group who conspire tohether comes from the word kabballah. one cabal who were to later inspire a whole list of black magic cults and freemasonry were the knights templar. the kabbalistic higher secrets of invoking the fallen angels in service to lucifer fascinated the knights templar. they realized tht the kabballah originated in palestine and once they realized that the kabballah was the key to untold spiritual magical power they planned a crusade in order to search for more kabblaistic and magical artifacts.

they eventually discovered and looted the temple of solomon. solomon was a biblical magician king who was credited with inspiring large parts of work we now know as the kabballah. the knights one main goal was to stop the muslims from gaining any knowledge about the kabballah. historical records show this. the knights once they discovered the magical teachings of the kabballah were dedicated to destroying its origins so that they may hold its secrets to themselves.

i guess one of my questions to start off is is this historically accurate?? i know this is a big subject and i may be in over my head but im just curious. this is really fascinating to me. if anybody has something to add i am willing to learn the truth about all of this. this is sort of kabballah/freemason 101 for me. i have heard about the connections between the freemasons and ancients wisdom for some time as many others have. the layout of washington d.c. is suppose to be cultic in design as well as many other strange things that we see in this country. are they connected to all of this in some way? maybe we can get to the truth of the matter for once. thanks for your time.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
i understand that all versions of freemasonry, rosicrucian, the skull and bones, the scottish rite freemasons, the ku klux klan, and crowleys ordo templi orientis, are derived from the original kabbalistic rituals of the knights templar.

This is a claim made by many of its members, yes. Except the KKK, I don't recall the KKK ever saying it has any links to kabbala. Kabbala is basically jewish esotericism.

the kabbal i understand gives a kabballist a roadmap called the tree of life

The sefiroth. Its the tree of life, and also the body of god. Its why, perhaps, we have King Hiram and King Solomon apparently searching 'the body of Hiram Abif" for the lost word, and perhaps why some amoung the Sufi consider Mohammed to be the "perfect human" (perfect form, etc).

which explains how to invoke and communicate with powerful spirits such as a fallen angel named raziel. the magical information in the kabballah originates from babylon and ancient egypt.

I think most people would object to the sefiroth being from egypt or babylon, but there are some interesting theories about it, such as this one, which attempts to recreate an Assyrian Sefiroth:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

the collection of text called the kabballah were eventually transcribed by a rabbi isaac the blind during the 12th century.

Collected, translated, made up, who knows.

the kabbalistic higher secrets of invoking the fallen angels in service to lucifer fascinated the knights templar

According to who? We have, I beleive, at least a KT initiation rite, and it doesn't seem to involve any of that.
The KT were accused of carrying around a severed head that they used for magical purposes, but who knows what the truth of that is. And notice that John the Baptist was beheaded, that the sons of Ali were beheaded, and that even apparently Esau was beheaded. Seems more like a trend in occultism throughout the world to consider the head important, rather than evidence that the KT actually did any of this.

they realized tht the kabballah originated in palestine and once they realized that the kabballah was the key to untold spiritual magical power they planned a crusade in order to search for more kabblaistic and magical artifacts.

Please demonstrate that teh KT orchestrated the crusades, I do not beleive that this is accepted amoung historical researchers.

. the knights one main goal was to stop the muslims from gaining any knowledge about the kabballah. historical records show this

What records? What records even show that the KT cared at all about jewish mysticism, or knew about it. They KT were destroyed at the end of the 12th century, but the Zohar, the central book in many workings of Kabbalah, wasn't published until the 13th century, and that was in spain, not in the levant. SO how can the KT and Muslims be looking for the secrets of a jewish esoteric tradition that wasn't necessarily even around at that point?

i guess one of my questions to start off is is this historically accurate??

Doesn't look like it is, to my understanding anyway.

this is really fascinating to me

Ditto.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

the collection of text called the kabballah were eventually transcribed by a rabbi isaac the blind during the 12th century.

Collected, translated, made up, who knows.

Curious. If Rabbi Isaac was blind, was he translating from brail 900 years ago?

Just a thought i had.

thanks,
john

Cug

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

hi all. this is sort of like a learning process for me and i dont claim to know everything about the kabballah or freemasonry so im just asking questions here. any info anyone can bring to light will be appreciated. i guess im just to a point where im tired of being confused about whats going on in this life and trying to look for some answers on how all of this ties together. so here goes....

Whew.. Trying to explain kabbalah in a post is gona be very hard.

First thing you should know there are diffrent types of the Kabballah. You have Jewish Kabbalah, Christian Cabala, and Hermetic Qabalah. Most of the time you can tell what version someone may be talking about by the way it's spelled but there are exceptions. A short history goes like this...

Isaac the Blind committed it to paper in Arab occupied Spain in the 1300's, later Jews who converted to Catholicism used it to to prove the divinity of Christ. Later Christian scholars expanded on it basically as a way to convert the Jews to Christianity. (but it was frowned on by the Church) about the same time you started to see the start hermeticism who also adapted it to their ideas.

i understand that all versions of freemasonry, rosicrucian, the skull and bones, the scottish rite freemasons, the ku klux klan, and crowleys ordo templi orientis, are derived from the original kabbalistic rituals of the knights templar.

NO not really. the KKK has nothing to do with the Kabbalah (they are far far right wing Christians, the Kabbalah would likely be seen in the same light as devil worshiping, or the actions of an inferior race to them.) And I'd say the S&B also have nothing to do with it, if for no other reason as they just don't have the time to teach it.

The Freemasons and Rosicrucian's IMHO really are not derived from Kabballah, what happened is some members brought their "teachings" into the Hermetic Qabalah so the Qabalah was derived from them.

the holy grail of the templars is really a set of higher magical teachings. its not an object but a piece of information. kabbalistic in its origin, the holy grail is the highest kabbalistic secret...that is that physical matter can be transformed molecule by molecule by the use of incantations of ancient hebrew letters and numbers.

The grail has nothing to do with Kabbalah.

the kabbal i understand gives a kabballist a roadmap called the tree of life which explains how to invoke and communicate with powerful spirits such as a fallen angel named raziel. the magical information in the kabballah originates from babylon and ancient egypt.

Well about the only thing correct with that statement is the Power of the Hebrew letters (They don't have numbers) What the Kabballah does in a nutshell is describe the universe, the nature of God, and the humans place in the universe, creation, etc.. Traditionally it has been said that Moses received the Kabballah (the spoken Law) when he received the 10 commandments (the written Law).

The Tree of Life for those that don't know.

the collection of text called the kabballah were eventually transcribed by a rabbi isaac the blind during the 12th century. for the first time in its 6000 year history the ancient magical technique of invoking fallen demonic angels were put down on paper.

Again it's not about invoking fallen angels. One of the main things Isaac contributed was the idea that God created the universe using the Hebrew alphabet along with the name it's self.

i guess one of my questions to start off is is this historically accurate??

No not really there is nothing out there to link the Templars with the Kabbalah other than a few conspiry sites.

[edit on 2/25/2007 by Cug]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The KT were accused of carrying around a severed head that they used for magical purposes, but who knows what the truth of that is. And notice that John the Baptist was beheaded, that the sons of Ali were beheaded, and that even apparently Esau was beheaded. Seems more like a trend in occultism throughout the world to consider the head important, rather than evidence that the KT actually did any of this.

The constellation Orion is missing a head. I have found links to this symbolism when researching.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Orion has a head, its a single star though.

Supposedly, if you could see the nighttime sky without all the 'light pollution' that we have today, the consetellations look much more detailed, and the ancients would've been able to see it darker than any of us could probably hope (even though even their cities would put off some light).

Interesting connection though, headless orion, Something to think about.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Nygdan]

Actually if you look at the constellation Ophiuchius, the snake wrestler, it appears to not have a definite head:
z.about.com...

Which is interesting, since the serpent is an occultic symbol. Recall that, allegedly, the original worship in india was the Nagga worshipers, the snake worshipers, and the east of course has allways been the mythical homeland of occultic knowledge (though usually that ends up meaning syria)

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Skull and Bones, KKK, and the Knights Templar were/are not Kabalistic in nature. Rosicrucians, Scottish Rite Masonry, and O.T.O. do incorporate elements from the Kabalah though.

the holy grail of the templars is really a set of higher magical teachings.

The Templars did not have anything to do with the Holy Grail legends, which developed independently of them.

The Kabalah was an attempt to reconcile Neo-Platonic philosophy with traditional Judaism. Eventually, superstitious elements crept in and tainted the system, such as the nonsense about angels and demons.

However, the Tree of Life is a very potent symbol of Hermetic philosophy, and we should not dismiss the entire Kabalah because some of it is childish. Let us not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

the word cabal meaning a group who conspire tohether comes from the word kabballah.

The two words are not phoentically connected. The Hebrew word "Kabalah" means "to receive", as in receiving a tradition.

the kabbalistic higher secrets of invoking the fallen angels in service to lucifer fascinated the knights templar.

There is nothing in the Kabalah about fallen angels and "Lucifer". Those are elements of Christian mythology, not Jewish.

What the Kabalah basically says is that there is a Life Force that manifests itself in Nature, and that this Force can be tapped into for spiritual and intellectual enlightenment. It teaches that, at the very core of our Being, we are all one with the Universe, and each have a divine spark within us.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

The Freemasons and Rosicrucian's IMHO really are not derived from Kabballah, what happened is some members brought their "teachings" into the Hermetic Qabalah so the Qabalah was derived from them.

You are probably right about Masonry, but I disagree about the Rosicrucians. The Fama, which as you know is the first Rosicrucian document, specifically mentions the Kabalah as the source of Frater C.R.C.'s wisdom.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Knights Templar didn't study Kabbalah?

Kabbalah has nothing to do with the Holy Grail?

Okay, I've mentioned the following authors many times, and I'll mention them again:

Jorge Adoum, The Noble Drew Ali, Dante Alighieri, Ra Un Nefer Amen, Johann Valentin-Andreae/Francis Bacon, Muata Ashby, Elias Ashmole, William Blake, H.P. Blavatsky, Jacob Boehme, J.D. Buck, Robert Burton, Cagliostro, Albert Churchward, Henry W. Coil, Malcolm C. Duncan, Robert Fludd, Dion Fortune, Fulcanelli, Jocelyn Godwin, Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, Robert Freke Gould, Manly P. Hall, Franz Hartmann, Max Heindel, Arnold Krumm-Heller(Huiracocha), Godfrey Higgins, John Heydon, Hargrave Jennings, Athanasius Kircher, Heinrich(or Henry) Khunrath, C.W. Leadbeater, Eliphas Levi, Schwaller de Lubicz, Mario Roso de Luna, David Murray-Lyon, Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Robert Macoy, Kenneth R. H. Mackenzie, Albert G. Mackey, Michael Maier, Gerald Massey, S.L. MacGregor Mathers, G.R.S. Mead, Mirandola, The Honorable Elijah Muhammad, Isaac Myer, Isabel Cooper-Oakley, H.S. Olcott, Fabre d'Olivet, Paracelsus, Eugenius Philalethes, Albert Pike, [Proclus, Plotinus(see Thomas Taylor)], Ragon, Knorr Von Rosenroth, Ammonius Sacca, Rudolph Steiner, Thomas Vaughan, J.S.M. Ward, V.M. Samael Aun Weor, William Wynn Westcott, W.L. Wilmshurst, John Yarker, and a few others.

So, one may want to study some of their works; and then reconsider perhaps.

To study the writings of the following authors(and some of the Masonic Enyclopedias/Dictionaries by above authors), would probably be the fastest way to find statements about the associations in question:

H.P. Blavatsky, Albert Churchward, Manly P. Hall, Godfrey Higgins, Hargrave Jennings, Eliphas Levi, G.R.S. Mead, Isabel Cooper-Oakley, Albert Pike, V.M. Samael Aun Weor, and John Yarker.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
The Knights Templar didn't study Kabbalah?

No. In fact, the Kabalah didn't exist in a codified form until the 15th century, well after the Templars. It is possible that some Templars studied Neo-Platonism and other doctrines which eventually became Kabalistic elements, but most did not, and all considered themselves orthodox Roman Catholics.

Kabbalah has nothing to do with the Holy Grail?

No. Kabbalism is a Jewish metaphysic, and the legend of the Holy Grail is a Christian myth, born on the British Isles in relation to the Arthurian Court.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thanks Masonic Light.

I should have replaced the term "Kabbalah" with the term "Tree of Life".

Had I done so, what I'm saying would make much more sense.

EDIT: Better yet, I should have noticed that you guys were talking about Kabbalah specifically and not the Tree of Life in general. lol

Either way, what I'm getting at, is that whether the Christian says Archangels, the Jew says Sephiroth or the African says Paut Neteru; they are all referring to the same Principles, otherwise the Tree of Life would not be an exact Science now would it?

Find out about the history related to the Canaanite Priest Sanchionatho or Sanchoniathon, in relation the Mysteries of the Serpent.

Then one may see what I mean...

Kabbalah: The Universal Tree of Life

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Interesting questions you pose. Allow me to weigh in. Was Nathan Forest (The founder of the KKK.) a mason? I can't find any evidence of that. How about Alister Crowley? I can't find anything there either. As far as tie-in between the Knights Templar and Kabbalism...Hmm...I don't see that either. IF the sole purpose of the Crusades were to sack the old Temple, then maybe.

However, in my opinion, the actual purposes of the Crusades were to keep Muslims from sacking Rome a second time, and the Vatican to boot.
Reason number two was to recapture a fair portion of Europe, since the Muslims had driven themselves as far north as Geneva.

The Pope didn't give a rat's behind about saving Jerusalem for the Chruch, muchless for the Jews, but knew for a fact that a military campaign THERE would pull a full two-thirds of every Muslim able to swing a sword into the fray...and away from the territory he REALLY wanted to save.

Okay, maybe that's a bit TOO cynical...I'll work on it.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
the actual purposes of the Crusades were to keep Muslims from sacking Rome a second time, and the Vatican to boot.

?
Are you sure you don't mean jerusalem? The muslims never sacked rome. I think that the closest they'd've ever come to that was some saracen pirates on the coasts, or occupation of sicily.

Reason number two was to recapture a fair portion of Europe, since the Muslims had driven themselves as far north as Geneva.

?
That comes later. The muslims weren't able to get past Constantinople in those times.

Okay, maybe that's a bit TOO cynical...I'll work on it.

I don't know, there is a tendency to over politicize european politics. I think that a person like the pope in the dark ages, we could reasonably expect him to be as fanatical as a waziristani mullah today, no?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
Interesting questions you pose. Allow me to weigh in. Was Nathan Forest (The founder of the KKK.) a mason? I can't find any evidence of that. How about Alister Crowley? I can't find anything there either.

Nathan Bedford Forrest had taken the First Degree of Masonry prior to the Civil War. He never finished up, and remained an Entered Apprentice for the remainder of his life, with no apparent interest in Freemasonry.

Aleister Crowley received the degrees of Ancient Craft Masonry in Anglo-Saxon Lodge (named so because it was an English-speaking Lodge) in Paris in 1904. This Lodge was under jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of France, and considered irregular (the regular body was/is the National Grand Lodge of France).

Crowley never participated in Masonry or this Lodge after receiving his degrees, but was nevertheless appointed by John Yarker as his successor as Grand Hierophant of the Rites of Memphis and Mitzraim in England. Crowley used this questionable promotion to gain leadership of the O.T.O. in the UK, and eventually the international O.T.O. body.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Masonic Light:
I am curious about modern day Rosicrucians. I have read a lot about the past but there are several branches of current Rosicrucians. Any opinions on which seems to be the truest modern form of Rosicrucians?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Not to answer for Masonic Light...

But with the following quote from Samael Aun Weor in mind, the works of Manly P. Hall, IMO, probably have the best info and references on the subject that one could find, that are availible to the public anyhow:

Quote: Rosicrucian Order

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Crowley never participated in Masonry or this Lodge after receiving his degrees, but was nevertheless appointed by John Yarker as his successor as Grand Hierophant of the Rites of Memphis and Mitzraim in England. Crowley used this questionable promotion to gain leadership of the O.T.O. in the UK, and eventually the international O.T.O. body.

As I've implied before, this must have been right around the time A. Crowley became a Hanasmuss.....

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill
Masonic Light:
I am curious about modern day Rosicrucians. I have read a lot about the past but there are several branches of current Rosicrucians. Any opinions on which seems to be the truest modern form of Rosicrucians?

I think the Masonic Rosicrucian Society and those organizations which can trace their lineages to the original Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn probably have the strongest relationship to thye original Rose Cross fraternity. I do not consider A.M.O.R.C. to be authentically Rosicrucian.

The Ordo Templi Orientis claims Rosicrucian lineage, and they may even have it to a point. However, Rosicrucianism was a strictly Christian mysticism, and if O.T.O. had Rosicrucian roots, they no longer emphasize it in their modern order.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
...and those organizations which can trace their lineages to the original Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn probably have the strongest relationship to thye original Rose Cross fraternity.

Do you know of any still-functioning organizations that can trace such a lineage?

The Ordo Templi Orientis claims Rosicrucian lineage, and they may even have it to a point. However, Rosicrucianism was a strictly Christian mysticism, and if O.T.O. had Rosicrucian roots, they no longer emphasize it in their modern order.

True indeed.

Though it's interesting that Father C.R.C. is said to have been Initiated into the Islamic(of the Sufi or Sophee/Gnostic no doubt)Mysteries by Arab Adepts.

One of the original members of the O.T.O., Franz Hartmann, wrote a bit about the Rosicrucians too.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the insight both of you. I will follow up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join