It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by innkue

space cannot exist without time and vice versa

can you please explain what you mean by 'time'?

The way I see time is quite simple. though to understand it you would first have know about the Quantum uncertainty principle.

In quantum Physics there is a principle that states that matter has an equal chance of existing anywhere in the universe at any time.

In other words the atoms that make you who you are have just as much chance that they exist in someone else or in fact at some other point in the universe.

Complicated to understand but if you can follow the uncertainty principle to it's logical conclusion then you will see that time is only the selection or configuration of matter.

Without matter there is no time. Without time there is no matter.

So following this, to be able to travel through time you would have to firstly accurately measure the exact configuration of all matter in the universe and then somehow revert the universe back to this state.

So even if you were to harness the gravitational power of a black hole you would never have enough energy to do what is required to travel through time.

Moreover, it is worth mentioning that in metaphysics there are those that state they can change matter and the universe by will alone.... All I can say is that there is only one outcome that would allow that to be true..... WE ARE IN A COMPUTER SIMULATION.........

NeoN HaZe....

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well then I guess the Quantum uncertainty principle would bear out the deja vu phenomena. Where a sleeping mind could slip states and maybe a match a state with itself in the future. Same brain, same brain waves, so same matter, but the states are always different through time. However, when the states are matched just temporarily to allow you to see and hear the moment of a small patch of the future, what is always different? What's different is your location in 3 dimensional space. And its not just your physical place in the world, but the position of the earth about the sun at the time. To take it up a notch, the position of the solar system in galactic orbit, and the movement of the galactic core itself through the universe.

So how does John Titor keep from being stranded in space anyway?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think it is noteworthy to mention that cyberspace, and the digital universe is inept of time as we know it. Sure, the circuitry and data transmission is dependent of time, but all else isnt. The government made use of this, among other things, in what many have come to know as the "Montauk Project".

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annunaki
I think it is noteworthy to mention that cyberspace, and the digital universe is inept of time as we know it. Sure, the circuitry and data transmission is dependent of time, but all else isnt. The government made use of this, among other things, in what many have come to know as the "Montauk Project".

Yes you are completely correct. There is a book you may want to read I can't remember the name though... I think it's something like computational city....

Anyway... in the book they can scan a brain and turn it into a programme and enter it into cyberspace ~(very William Gibson if you ask me...)~

The book follows a character that to start with doesn't know he has been copied but later finds out and has to partake of the computer operator’s experiments....

One of the experiments is time slice... What was the computer copied personalities experience of time and?? The computer operator then increased the time in between processing the programme..

For example...

Computation then a 5 second delay then another bit is processed then a 10 second delay then another bit was processed....

The out come was that the perception of time by the computer copied personality was not altered at all... in fact they could build a computer that only processes every one bit in a billion and the perception of time does not differ for the character....

However, the more the delay in processing the bigger the difference in time between the computer generated world and the real world...

Personally I think that if this was possible then you could travel to the future... how I here you ask??

Well you would have to be able to copy your personality into a computer generated world and then be able to re-imprint this copied personality back to a clone of your own body at some point in the future....

Something like Vanilla Sky if you haven't seen it watch it it's good....

All the best,

NeoN HaZe....

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hello evreyone,,,
For some people travel is a way of life and it does not necessarily include 5 star hotels and vacations on the far away beaches. There are so many other ways to experience different cultures and enrich ones life. The best one is to try and observe people, interact, stay in hostels or find contacts and stay at people's homes if possible, go to the national cuisine restaurants and visit markets, stadiums, theaters etc, try and really feel the pulse of the country you are visiting. Some places can really surprise you, you can find the most friendly people in the countries you heard nothing but bad things about. So brake that chain of prejudice, and go see the places from the bottom of your list, you will be amazed by all you've been missing. There is a book that talks allot about these kind of things, it is a travel journal of an Iranian American entrepreneur traveling in Balkans, called The Age of Nepotism. I warmly recommend it, and also the site www.theageofnepotism.com

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
all good in theory, every idea so far.

but it still comes down to a few things:

1. is time linear or circular
2. (mentioned previously) going back in time itself could affect the future, whether it's for a millisecond or minute
3. who has that kind of money (if it is possible)

I think time travel could be done, but it does brush the grounds of ethical. Even so, thier are so many equations and calculations and just things to TRY and account for....the possibilies are endless as to where you could end up, when you could end up, if you exhale could you cause some sort of disturbance in the force?, etc...

btw....I read john titor a few nights ago while late night googling....couple hours of crack reading for me that led to a lot of questions

[edit on 10-2-2009 by b0n3zassassin]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JeanLucPicard
Has anybody ever heard anything about time travel? Is it even possible to do so?

Yes, it is not only possible, but a certain agency which shall go un-named perfected this technology beginning in 1947 and through 1963. I cannot tell if they are still in operation, but those involved say it's possible. Try researching the Montauk Project, or Project Rainbow for starters. The story of Montauk is hard to believe unless your mind is open to advanced technology and the pure greed of some people. As to who exactly ran the project? I have no idea, and I dare say nobody else does either. I know that at least a portion of their funding came from Nazi gold.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

looking into the montauk project at the moment. not surprising to find photos of "secret" military bases in the middle of BFE...

but the reports in here are quite interesting! star for you!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join