It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are your 5 Favorite Beings in the Bible? Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is a simple post, but I believe it is healthy to sometimes think in simple terms. My 5 are:

1) God (the King)
2) Jesus Christ (the Prince)
3) Holy Spirit (the Inspiration)
4) Mary (the Immaculate)
5) Saint Paul (the Inspired Writer)

Also, list one sentence that ties all 5 together in general terms; mine is: God is love and the other 4 show the greatest abundance of love, in my opinion, compared to other beings in the Bible.

Love to All!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Beings? ......

Well, I'm not going to actually list 5 people..

but I will list 1 ...

Me.

I am my favorite being in the bible.

Everything it has explained or described is a happening or function of my internal being.
My internal landscape is what determines the way in which I perceive and absorb the outside landscape therefore it has done a marvelous job ONLY when I read it under this context, to re-wire my internal landscapes.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

Beings? ......

Well, I'm not going to actually list 5 people..

but I will list 1 ...

Me.

I am my favorite being in the bible.

Everything it has explained or described is a happening or function of my internal being.
My internal landscape is what determines the way in which I perceive and absorb the outside landscape therefore it has done a marvelous job ONLY when I read it under this context, to re-wire my internal landscapes.

PuRe EnErGy, fairly original interpretation of the Bible. Another way of delving into the complexities of the human mind and the Universe. I, myself, have learned from you in the past and there are probably many others on FST and ATS who would like to learn from you. Keep up the good work!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Do you feel Spiritual or physical contact with any of your 5 favorite beings in the Bible? I feel Spiritual and physical contact with each of my 5 favorite beings in the Bible. If you do not feel Spiritual or physical contact, do you believe you can?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
If you could have Spiritual contact with one being in the Bible, who would it be? For me, it was, is, and will always be God.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Not being rude here Great Tech but you started a thread " Why are Atheists Atheists", will you be answering any of the questions posed in that thread or should i just not bother posting in your threads. I figured if you start a thread where you ask questions that you would continue to reply.

Once again not meaning to start a fight just wondering if i should continue posting in that thread.

Cheers m4s.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
Not being rude here Great Tech but you started a thread " Why are Atheists Atheists", will you be answering any of the questions posed in that thread or should i just not bother posting in your threads. I figured if you start a thread where you ask questions that you would continue to reply.

Once again not meaning to start a fight just wondering if i should continue posting in that thread.

Cheers m4s.

mojo4sale, thank you for your response. I will in the future try to make a more earnest effort to reply to my posts. Sometimes, in error, I feel a self-satisfaction from what I have already posted; this system of thinking needs to improve. Thank you for pointing it out.

Blessings!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Like i said i wasnt trying to be rude, just didnt want to waste my time posting to a thread that you'd ditched.

Thanks for the quick reply.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well my favorites are the main characters.

You have these:

1) God
2) The holy spirit
3) The son
4) The anti-christ
5) The false prophet

Of course there are characters more empathetic to us but you just asked what my favorites were.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
ONLY 5?

dang, GT - i'm not sure i can narrow it down that far!

How about OT and NT, 8 each? (it's the best i can do)

OT
1. Joseph (for maintaining the standards with which Jacob raised him through bad and then worse)
2. Moses (for being the MASTER of IMPROV)
3. Joshua (for not looking to the right or to the left; for having good courage)
4. Samuel (for hearkening to the voice of GOD no matter what)
5. Elijah (for the showdown atop Carmel and also the incident of the cave)
6. Daniel (for just being DANIEL)
7. Isaiah (for being such a direct open channel for God's Spirit)
8. Jeremiah (for loving God more than country and never mincing words)

NT
1. Zechariah & Elizabeth (for their piety)
2. Mary (all/any especially the Magdalene - the best friend of our LORD)
3. Cephas Peter (for his undying blind devotion)
4. James the Just (for his stewardship of the holy family)
5. Judas Didymus Thomas (for doing what had to be done)
6. the Beloved Disciple (for seeking the righteousness of the Kingdom above all things)
7. Simon (for sharing the burden)
8. Yehoshua the Nazarene (for daring to bear the Father’s witnessed and be esteemed as naught – to love truth more than life)

All of these, IMHO, loved TRUTH more than LIFE and even more than LOVE.
Love is the greatest of things, GT, no doubt….but without TRUTH love is a lie.

[edit on 2/24/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
1) St Michael Archangel
2) King Herod
3) King David
4) Sampson
5) Abraham

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
ONLY 5?

dang, GT - i'm not sure i can narrow it down that far!

How about OT and NT, 8 each? (it's the best i can do)

OT
1. Joseph (for maintaining the standards with which Jacob raised him through bad and then worse)
2. Moses (for being the MASTER of IMPROV)
3. Joshua (for not looking to the right or to the left; for having good courage)
4. Samuel (for hearkening to the voice of GOD no matter what)
5. Elijah (for the showdown atop Carmel and also the incident of the cave)
6. Daniel (for just being DANIEL)
7. Isaiah (for being such a direct open channel for God's Spirit)
8. Jeremiah (for loving God more than country and never mincing words)

NT
1. Zechariah & Elizabeth (for their piety)
2. Mary (all/any especially the Magdalene - the best friend of our LORD)
3. Cephas Peter (for his undying blind devotion)
4. James the Just (for his stewardship of the holy family)
5. Judas Didymus Thomas (for doing what had to be done)
6. the Beloved Disciple (for seeking the righteousness of the Kingdom above all things)
7. Simon (for sharing the burden)
8. Yehoshua the Nazarene (for daring to bear the Father’s witnessed and be esteemed as naught – to love truth more than life)

All of these, IMHO, loved TRUTH more than LIFE and even more than LOVE.
Love is the greatest of things, GT, no doubt….but without TRUTH love is a lie.

[edit on 2/24/2007 by queenannie38]

queenannie38, thank you for the expanded list. Your list is very impressive (I would definitely place Moses and Isaiah in my top 10). I believe God works through everybody, but because we lack Omniscience, we sometimes fail to see it. I like to treat everybody equally, but because of my frequently feeble mind, I discern based on the impressions that have been made on my Soul. One of my favorite visions is to see each being entering heaven and equally experiencing a constant state of bliss.

queenannie38, you are so smart!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
GT

you are a sincerely sweet person. and i am glad to know you.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I' thinking probably

1 King David (he killed the giant in his life)
2 Moses ( he was unafraid to face Pharo on the behalf of his people)
3 Elisha ( He called fire down from heaven )
4 Joseph (One of the most encouraging stories of how one comes from the lowest of low to a very exalted status, being second in command of all egypt.)
5 Jesus (He could have called ten thousand angels to delver himself from the cross, Yet he suffered it to be done unto him for frogiveness of sins.)

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Burnt Offering]

new topics

top topics

join