It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stills from the partial Champ Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hey Everybody.
I didn't know what to do. I have another thread, actually looking for the missing Champ Video that had made it to Good Morning America, and then disappeared.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But this thread is to take a closer look at the stills I pulled off of the partial Champ video.

Since this post goes off in a different direction, I thought i should give it a separate thread.

They are a real eye-opener.

Personally, I think this video is the "smoking gun".
Anyway. I have read that some readers believe that the animals in the video are fish. Sturgeons, Muskie or Pike. Well, I have been doing some homework for you. I have accumulated a large collection of images, and I can tell you that the video in question is NOT of any known fresh water fish.

To be honest, since taking a better look at the stills I have of the video, I have started to think the answer to this mystery may be even more exotic than a lake serpent, or a dinosaur.

But, I am getting ahead of myself. First, allow me to show you some pictures. This, by no means, is all of the images. But, I am hoping they will show you what I am talking about.

I will be listing jpegs on here, but also have the same images with a little more detail.

If you have any ideas, imaging investigation experience, or any helpful input, please let me know. If you want to see more, please let me know. If you want to see images of the few large fish in Lake Champlain, please let me know.

We have something strange here, and I have a few theories, but hey, I'm just a regular guy. Well, here we go...

#a45 This is a highlighted image that shows that the creatures are elongated

#a46 This is the original image before highlighted in #45.

#a31 This highlighted images to give a better glimpse of what we are possibly looking at. It is a large jump from a45 and a46, but, I wanted to catch your attention. It also explains why I posted the previous images. These pictures depict a creature with such a bulbous head, atop a long neck, I wanted to first show you just how elongated that neck is.
i138.photobucket.com...[//URL]

#32 Again, here is the same image as a45, just without the highlighting.
[URL]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/a32.jpg

Enjoy.

[edit on 23/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Please note that all these images are of a living, moving creature, as taken from a fairly authentic looking video. This isn't a log, or a construction.

The original video footage actually shows one of the creatures "snapping" at another, just below the surface.

The link below, was found by our ATS member "Testrat", (thanks), and although only a few seconds were shown during a tongue-in-cheek news-goof, the partial footage is good, and true to the original.

video.google.com...

Here are some more images as the creature comes closer to the surface, and into better view. Again, I will show the original with the highlighted version.

I am hoping you can see the mass of the head, as opposed to the slender neck.

highlighted
i138.photobucket.com...

original
i138.photobucket.com...

i138.photobucket.com...

i138.photobucket.com...

Note the "forked" appendage at the tip of the "head". It is found in almost all the images.

i138.photobucket.com...

i138.photobucket.com...

It seems to open it's mouth. This happens so fast in the video, you don't see that it really is an animal opening an almost "duck-like" mouth.

i138.photobucket.com...

i138.photobucket.com...

Well, I guess that was a good place to start. Please know that I do not claim to be able to dissect video or images with the skill that I have seen some of you. I am just hoping that some of you might have some ideas or input concerning these pics.

[edit on 2/23/2007 by Horrificus]

[edit on 2/23/2007 by Horrificus]

`````````````````````````
pics stretching page

[edit on 23/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I am going to have to disagree that this is a lake monster as my personal experiences fishing tells me this is pike based upon these things;

The manner in which pike act is an aggressive territorial eater. Fishing as a youth, I caught a perch and was reeling it in. As I was getting it to the boat about 3-5 feet away from me it a pike came from the depths and swam up at an angle just like the vid and took a bite at the fish I was reeling in. It held only for a split second then darted away. I could tell it was a good sized pike about 2 - 2 1/2 feet long but the water was too murky to make out fine details and the bite mark was impressive.

Also bodies of water that pike are native to are usually murky and warm with vegeatation in the water to provide cover. Bass and Pike act in similar ways both territorial ,and bold, also they live in shallow warmer waters. Unlike Bass however Pike tend to be more comfortable at greater depths than other warm water fish. If you have ever seen a Pike they are long and sleek with a "duck-like" head.

So it's reasonable that this was a pike coming from a deeper part of the lake to follow the lure. If you mix that up with the natural distortion combined with the murkiness of the water, I doubt you'll be able to see any fins at all. Again the quality of the video is poor but quite a bit better than the other poor videos I've seen.

I got to tell you though, If I were to superimpose a picture of a dinosaur onto that I think it would ruin the objectivity of the stills for other people. It's hard to disassociate the image of a dinosaur once you see it. Let people make their own conclusions without making their minds up for them.

My Thanks,

-ADHD

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Just out of curiousity Horrificus, what kingdom would you think Champ falls in. Do you think its fish, mammal, reptile, maybe something new? I find when trying to classify a animal it is usually easier to work backwords.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
Just out of curiousity Horrificus, what kingdom would you think Champ falls in. Do you think its fish, mammal, reptile, maybe something new? I find when trying to classify a animal it is usually easier to work backwords.

I will be posting some pictures of Pike, Muskie and Sturgeon in a variety of settings. This, I think, will show that this creature is not one of these fish.

As far as what I think it is, well, let's just say that I want to see what other people see in the images before I say anything.

Except, I don't think it is a dinosaur or an alien!

This is what I see:

1. Symmetrical growths/plates/crest from the tip of the snout to the top of the head.

2. A possibly eye placement that seems similar to a whale or dolphin, in some of the images. But, not in all the pictures.

3. An almost beak-like mouth.

I will post more.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

2. A possibly eye placement that seems similar to a whale or dolphin, in some of the images. But, not in all the pictures.

There you go that's what I was looking for.

I always use to think lake monster were either a fish or a reptile. I never thought they could be mammal. Mammals would be to easy to spot. But here is a interesting study done where they found something that is using echolocation in lake champlain. I haven't seen this posted here before, but I could have missed it.

Also to note that there has been numerous fossils found around the area of buluga whales. Its a interesting and very debatable theory thinking Champ could be a whale. The study could at least add some food for thought.

Lake Champlain Study

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I thought I would give this thread, and the one below, a kick in the butt, and see if anybody has any update on this situation.

Footage of Champ has Vanished! Or has it?

The missing video was the "smoking gun", and there was never any follow-up, answer or concern about how it just disappeared from the sites that had it available.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Does anybody know if this footage of Champ has been seen again?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LASTofTheV8s

No idea, although I havent seen this one before, although it looks familiar to me, unless im mixing it up with some other footage of champ I remember them discussing in a Doco a good decade ago that a family on a boat got.

Thing that puzzles me is why on earth the OP suggests that one of the appendages in the short clip is a head with a beak...

To me the vid even despite it being so short shows 2 long rough patched, diamond shaped fins undulating up and down as what ever is attached to them glides under the boat... why does there have to be a head in the footage?, personally i dont see one in the slightest.. since to assume so means you immediately start to interpret the footage in a particular way, which might be wrong. Unfortunately, still images are prone to seeing things that arent, while the moving footage provides alot more clarity.

So for me its interesting, but just to damn inconclusive. But my final opinion is possibly two unusual shaped fins of some animal coming very close to the surface as it passes beneath the boat.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ

Originally posted by LASTofTheV8s

No idea, although I havent seen this one before, although it looks familiar to me, unless im mixing it up with some other footage of champ I remember them discussing in a Doco a good decade ago that a family on a boat got.

Thing that puzzles me is why on earth the OP suggests that one of the appendages in the short clip is a head with a beak...

To me the vid even despite it being so short shows 2 long rough patched, diamond shaped fins undulating up and down as what ever is attached to them glides under the boat... why does there have to be a head in the footage?, personally i dont see one in the slightest.. since to assume so means you immediately start to interpret the footage in a particular way, which might be wrong. Unfortunately, still images are prone to seeing things that arent, while the moving footage provides alot more clarity.

So for me its interesting, but just to damn inconclusive. But my final opinion is possibly two unusual shaped fins of some animal coming very close to the surface as it passes beneath the boat.

The video was real. You are right. It was the video of the family on the boat.
The reason the objects are considered to be heads, is because during the video, the one actually "snaps" at the other under water.
Then, after the video was released, ALL links to it, were pulled for copyright infringement, until the only accessible video was on an ABC news site.

Then THAT disappeared.

This video actually showed, up close, one creature swimming alongside the boat, as the second creature came up next to it. The one snaps at the other, then they swim away.

I have been looking for the video for years. All I have are the stills.

top topics

join