It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22FEB07 9PM Best Evidence "Chemical Contrails"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
FYI the Discovery Channel is airing a 1hr Best Evidence episode on the subject of contrails. 9PM EST US, for those interested...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Lemme sum up the show for ya':

Experts agree there is no conspiracy to spread chemicals through the contrails created by aircraft in flight.

But since it can't be proven that no one is contaminating the atmoshere through the contrails (proving a negative that is) the mystery still remains and one day we may know: Do chemical contrails really exist? And who are the evil airliners/pilots responsible for poisoning our atmosphere? And why would financially strapped (bankrupt even) airlines fly tons of liquid chemicals at the cost of fuel and displaced cargo/passengers? Until then, we will continue to look up at the criss-crossing puffs of white lines against the blue sky and wonder: What nefarious purpose do they serve?

Tune in next week when the Discovery Channel reveals strong evidence the aircraft used in the 911 attacks weren't aircraft at all; but rather, they might have been holographic images kinetically charged with plasma-mass projectors.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I thought it was a great show.

Freedom, what did you make of the water sample the landscaper guy got with 20 times the expected amount of aluminum in it ?

The reasons are obvious. in 2002 a scientist proposed seeding the upper stmosphere with aluminum oxide ( I think that's what it was) to slow down global warming.

Nothing "official" was ever done

however,
The gov't could allow the oil companies to keep selling oil, and put off demand for alternate fuel conversions, and allow corporations to keep polluting, if they can slow down global warming

[edit on 22-2-2007 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Here's a 14 page report by the Air Force on contrails, look at page two where it describes the components of engine exhaust:

CONTRAILS FACTS

Aircraft engines emit water vapor, carbon dioxide (CO2), small amounts of nitrogen oxides
(NOx), hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, sulfur gases, and soot and metal particles formed by
the high-temperature combustion of jet fuel during flight. Of these emittants, only water vapor is
necessary for contrail formation. Sulfur gases are also of potential interest because they lead to
the formation of small particles. Particles suitable for water droplet formation are necessary for
contrail formation. Initial contrail particles, however, can either be already present in the
atmosphere or formed in the exhaust gas. All other engine emissions are considered
nonessential to contrail formation.

Keep this in mind as you watch the show, most of the time spokespeople for the government only remember H20 and CO2, and conveniently fail to mention the other particles emitted...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
Freedom, what did you make of the water sample the landscaper guy got with 20 times the expected amount of aluminum in it ?

I didn't watch it. As a professional pilot (both military and airline) I know that nobody is deliberately injecting chemicals into the atmosphere with contrails. I tend to avoid programming like this.

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
The reasons are obvious. in 2002 a scientist proposed seeding the upper stmosphere with aluminum oxide ( I think that's what it was) to slow down global warming.

That's the problem with programs that broadcast topics that are conspiratorial in nature: They attempt to guide the veiwer toward a conclusion with scant evidence rather than present a supportable conclusion with hard facts.

Seeding the "upper atmpsphere" would be ineffective because there's very little moisture that high. Cloud seeding has been going on for decades and it's done at relatively lower altitudes (20,000 feet and below) where most precipitation developes. There's simply not enough moisture at those altitudes where jets typically fly to promote precipitation.

And as I alluded to in my previous post: Airlines are in the business of making money and can barely do so under current economic conditions. They can ill-afford to carry the additional weight of "chemicals" and I can assure you there are no dispersal systems installed on those aircraft.

Contrails are simply the result of microscopic water droplets becoming visible after they bond with particles in the jet's exhaust.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I did not see the program but have always been a little skeptical. My biggest problem with believing in contrails was why would the government knowlingly go along with it. That was until I read a perfectly logical explanation on a forum.

When a country joins the UN, they are approached and explained about the chemtrails operation... the dignitary (Helen for example) and basically anyone else in parliament or military who questions whats going on will get fed the same story... which is that global warming is WAY WAY worse than admitted in main stream media and that a desperate situation has called for desperate measures and therefore there is a global operation to seed micro particles of alluminium into the atmosphere and reflect back 1 or 2% of the suns rays back into space, as per US patents (google it) blah blah blah

This to me seems highly probable. The post also goes on to mention

There must be some in NZ parliament or other less known more powerful people in NZ who know of the chemtrail adgenda or at least have been given the cover story, the "reflect the suns rays" tale...

original source

There is also a lot more indepth discussion on that site.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I was going to post about this... Thought I'd take the time to search first.
Looking around youtube I found that they had a documentary about this already but, It doesn't appear to be the same one. Hopefully 'Best Evidence' has some good evidence and credible people interviewed.

I watched the Discovery documentary that was shown before on 'chemtrails' but, they focused on how the engine couldn't handle putting particles in the gas and basically proved nothing. The tests didn't even make any sense if it were a aerosol sprayed form some sort of nozzle.

I believe that there is a chemtrail operation because of what I have seen, and they amount of air traffic when contrails persist. Like they couldn't resist to leave their signature in the air because it was one of those days that contrails stay all day.... Lately when I hear allot of air traffic the sky is already covered in overcast and I can't ever see the jets, To be honest, I don't mind them at all, whether natural or unnatural and enjoy taking pictures of the odd sky. I imagine that I will mind in the future and wish I did something, but I try to spread the word to friends and family.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why can't someone just follow behind awhile later and test the air??? Let's get this solved once and for all!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
the sky seems conveniently blue today, Infact, the most blue I ever recall seeing in this area.... Just in time for someone in the documentary to say "the sky isn't blue anymore" followed by a commercial break, giving people time to look at the sky.

Anyone else noticing a oddly blue sky in your area?

EDIT: about following behind... does anyone here on ATS have a plane fitted with air sampling technology and the money for fuel and other costs?

[edit on 8/10/0707 by Bumr055]

top topics

join