It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Man Builds UFO - will it fly?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Check this guy - 30 years in a garage, 2 patents, and $60k in parts later, Alfie Harrington of Michigan (US) thinks he has a levitation UFO almost ready to go. Aeronautical engineers are doubtful - but NASA is intrigued. Read it at:

Michigan Man Builds His Own Flying Saucer

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
ehh thats not really what id be insterested in and i doubt he has the resources to travel in space also. david sereda is going to build his own saucer actually and that is the one i want to see cause he has actually been basing it on some of his own ufo research. lol if this guys work gets accepted it will be just another reason to discredit people who see ufos. "ohhh we were just testing the black mans saucer" ;d

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I love guys like this. Even if the saucer never leaves the ground it still makes me want to buy him a beer and talk to him.

If it takes 10,000 people (like him) to produce one genius with a workable invention, then it's all worth it.

My hat's off to the man.

Nice saucer!

[edit on 21/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Check out the patent office to see if you can research what he has done. I believe they are public records.

www.uspto.gov...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Is that styrofoam
?

I will congradulate him if it gets off the ground for a few seconds, without assistance

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You just have to love a man like this. He has a dream and he is actually working to make his dream a reality. Whether or not his flying saucer will fly or not is really not the point. The important thing is that he is working to make his dream, his vision come true. Now that's determination! To be frank, I wish that I could have a bit of that sort of steadfast vision myself but I always seem to find obstacles instead of seeing my way clear to making my own dreams come true. It's guys like this who either make history or, at least, the world more interesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I hope that it does fly because then we might find out if the government had any involvment in UFO sightings over the years and can possibly release the truth.and i think it would be amazing to see the capabilities that this aircraft that the man had created are

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Perhaps he'll get it off the ground and succeed where the government and billions of invested dollars have failed.

But my general impression?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The thread title in itself is what is called an oxymoron.

If a man builds it, it is not a UFO. It may be a spaceship if it can sustain flight, but not a UFO. Read - "Unidentified Flying Object"

Semantics aside, props to this man, if it works.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I found a link to a video about this fellow building a flying saucer. It seems that he has rented a shop in an industrial park where he can work on it. Again, that's more dedication as he is actually putting his money where his mouth is. He wants to build a saucer and he is willing to put up his own cash to do it. Considering that the fellow does not seem like a wealthy eccentric but a "regular guy" that speaks volumes about his determination.

www.i-am-bored.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Considering that the fellow does not seem like a wealthy eccentric but a "regular guy" that speaks volumes about his determination.

That is great news! With the media exposure this guy is getting, perhaps he will be able to get assistance in funding his project, to help get it off the ground. (No pun intended)

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
if this man succeeds in this aircraft being able to fly faster than the speed of light and able to muenever like an extreterrestrial aircraft can,than the U.S. government can definately do the same if they already have wich i believe they have

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have seen this here before unfortunatly someone derailed the thread with some off color coments.

I realy hope this guy makes it off the ground. litteraly and financialy I love his idea and the determination he has. I am all for this!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is pretty sweet that a normal man from Michigan can take 60k and 30 years, and build a flying saucer. Even if it doesnt fly, I am sure that the attention that it creates will be enough to have other investors take a look, and maybe even give the guy other opportunities.

I would love to see it fly though. It would just give a big finger to people that say it cant be done.

And yes, a beer with this guy would be good, but the conversation would be amazing.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The article says the patents are under a company name company Vertex Aerospace, stick that into to gogle you get www.l-3vertex.com as the first result, in Madison, Mississippi, is that any where near CLINTON TOWNSHIP, Mich cos i don't know - either way the link don't work.

Also tried to find the two patents, no joy yet.

Good luck to the bloke, (I'm not in a position to lend any money)

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I agree - the man deserves our accolades and respect. Obviously under-funded, under-staffed, perhaps marginally educated - he nevertheless devoted all the time, resources, and energy he could muster to try and materialize a dream. We need more like him - a lot more...

BTW - thanks for the video find, BT...

Here's another shot of our man, Alfie in his craft:

Good luck, Alfie!

[edit on 2/21/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattsev15
if this man succeeds in this aircraft being able to fly faster than the speed of light and able to muenever like an extreterrestrial aircraft can,than the U.S. government can definately do the same if they already have wich i believe they have

hmm well considering that it has to suck air into it in order to work i some how doubt traveling anywhere near light speed, we have to leave that to nasa. unfortunately if this guys idea gets off the ground the government can stall any ET technology that they were originally going to let out slowly to the public.

also considering it is a garage project i say the chances are significantly higher of the whole craft blowing apart when hes in the air lol

[edit on 21-2-2007 by jemblem62]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I love guys like this. Even if the saucer never leaves the ground it still makes me want to buy him a beer and talk to him.

If it takes 10,000 people (like him) to produce one genius with a workable invention, then it's all worth it.

Oh, I agree! I bet he'd be fun to talk to!

I don't think it'll fly (and it is dangerous), but it might be workable for other applications.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well my hats off to him.I Serously doubt it'll work but my fingers are crossed for him. I can see it now "first brother to go faster than the speed of light" lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Alfie was on a morning radio show in Detroit about a month ago and came across as a super-nice guy who is a firm believer in what he is doing. Although I am skeptical that his design will fly, I wish him all the luck in the world. Drew and Mike (the radio hosts) were razzing him because he spent all this money on his saucer and a local newscast showed his car; a beat up 86' Mercury Cougar.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join