It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White gang jailed for taxi driver's racist murder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Given that other features besides geographical location factor into such a listing I tend to consider Pakistan as well as Egypt for that matter part of the ME. But I digress...

Pakistan has nothing to do with the middle east. If you call Pakistan Middle eastern then you might as well call India middle eastern as well.

Pakistan although it has relationship with some countries in the middle east just like most other countries do as well but Pakistan has deeper relationships with other Asian countries then it does with any arab country apart from Saudi Arabia they have very good relationship with Indonesia, China and Malaysia.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Yeah but we (here in the states) tend to refer to people by their nationally, it makes more sense as it's more specific. But anyway it just seems to me (from this and other articles) that in the UK they don't really use the term "Middle Eastern" bur rather "Asian" instead. I want to know if this is politically motivated or just how they do things here...

[edit on 21-2-2007 by WestPoint23]

Technically speaking the reason for this would be that "Pakistani" is not a race but just a country with random races from other countries.

For a person to then remain or be a Pakistani he/she would (1) Have to be born in Pakistan or (2) Have a Pakistani passport or citizenship. If they are not born or have passport/citizenship of Pakistan hence they cannot be Pakistani are are then broken down into there root race/group as in "south Asian".

A lot of people miss the fact that Pakistani's are not a race or a group to be Pakistani you have to belong to the country otherwise if you are born in another country and have no physical connection to Pakistan you cannot be Pakistani.

I hope that makes sense.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join