It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

White gang jailed for taxi driver's racist murder

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

White gang jailed for taxi driver's racist murder


Source Link: www.telegraph.co.uk

Four young white men were today handed lengthy jail terms for the racially aggravated murder of an Asian taxi driver.


Years behind bars: Christopher Murphy, 18, Steven Utley, 17, Graeme Slavin, 18 and Michael Hand, 19

Christopher Murphy was told he must serve a minimum of 25 years in jail and Michael Hand at least 21 years for the murder of Mohammad Parvaiz, who was ambushed and beaten to death as he responded to a fare in Huddersfield in July last year.

Graeme Slavin, 18, and Steven Utley, 17 were told they must each serve a minimum of 17 years in jail for their parts in the murder of the father-of-three.

Sentencing, Dame Heather Steel said: "Violence on this scale is savage beyond belief".

Mr Parvaiz was stoned and battered to death after he inadvertently became caught up in a dispute between neighbours.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
today.re uters.co.uk
www.news.com.au
www.guardian.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk




posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That's just sickening!

I hope they each serve every minute of their sentences. :shk:



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This was a vile senseless crime, they should be behind bars for the rest of their natural lives, not 25 years.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
why is it necessary to mention that they were white when it clearly states that the murder was driven by a despute between neighbors?

At least in the muslim tax i thread, the conversation involved religion. Here it just says he was beaten to death becasue of a dispute between neighbors, not because it was a race issue.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   


why is it necessary to mention that they were white when it clearly states that the murder was driven by a despute between neighbors?

No, he was caugh in... he wasn't part of.

And they say whites because they killed because of race. So the color of peace?



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Reverse the title and use "black" or "Asian" and "Racist" in the same context. I am of the opinion the outcome would have been somewhat different. Straight off the bat, the issue of skin colour appears to be a prominent theme in that article.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Ross Cross]



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross Cross
Reverse the title and use "black" or "Asian" and "Racist" in the same context. I am of the opinion the outcome would have been somewhat different. Straight off the bat, the issue of skin colour appears to be a prominent theme in that article.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Ross Cross]


Exactly, I was trying to point that out. The article has an obvious agenda. If the situation was reversed it probably would not even of made the news.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
why is it necessary to mention that they were white when it clearly states that the murder was driven by a despute between neighbors?




During the unprovoked attack they were heard shouting racist taunts as they rained blows and kicks on their defenceless victim.


There's more in the article.

There's a big push to separate "hate crimes" from regular old murder for some reason. I don't think the fact that it was racially motivated should make a bit of difference, but I have noticed it's the thing today.

I don't like the idea of "hate crimes". IMO, it shouldn't matter WHY you killed the guy, you killed him and you should be punished accordingly.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Why do they call middle easterners "Asian"? Are there a lot of Asians named Mohammad? Anyway, I'm in agreement about the whole "hate crime" thing but these people do need to serve their sentence and should have gotten life IMO.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic




During the unprovoked attack they were heard shouting racist taunts as they rained blows and kicks on their defenceless victim.


There's more in the article.

There's a big push to separate "hate crimes" from regular old murder for some reason. I don't think the fact that it was racially motivated should make a bit of difference, but I have noticed it's the thing today.

I don't like the idea of "hate crimes". IMO, it shouldn't matter WHY you killed the guy, you killed him and you should be punished accordingly.


I completely agree.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Exactly, I was trying to point that out. The article has an obvious agenda

What?! You were arguing for precisely the opposite in that Muslim Cabbie thread! ( linked to this thread in it, perhaps its best to carry on that aspect in that thread, which was: www.abovetopsecret.com... )





westpoint23
Why do they call middle easterners "Asian"?

He's not a middle easterner, he was a pakistani. Pakistan is not technically in the middle east. Most people of india-pakistani-nepali-bangladeshi descent will say they are 'asian', both in the US and the UK.

Are there a lot of Asians named Mohammad?

Yes.



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

What?! You were arguing for precisely the opposite in that Muslim Cabbie thread! ( linked to this thread in it, perhaps its best to carry on that aspect in that thread, which was: www.abovetopsecret.com... )


There is a difference. The cabbie was motivated out of Islamofacism. This guy waqs caugfht up in a dispute between neighbors.



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
He's not a middle easterner, he was a pakistani. Pakistan is not technically in the middle east. Most people of india-pakistani-nepali-bangladeshi descent will say they are 'asian', both in the US and the UK.


Well, the Middle East is an arbitrary term, and the list of countries that belong to this, essentially made up region, is highly subjective and open ended. Given that other features besides geographical location factor into such a listing I tend to consider Pakistan as well as Egypt for that matter part of the ME. But I digress...


Originally posted by Nygdan
Yes.


I have yet to meet one.



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
No excuse for this. I think the sentence should be harsher, no justification in killing this man.



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I don't know, but this seems to be more a more common happening in the UK than anyplace else. And I'm not blamimg you Brits specifically. I think it is a result of your lax laws and immigration policies that cause friction between different groups over there.

These punks need to be punished, no doubt. Look at the photo of Murphy - does he look remorseful?



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
why is it necessary to mention that they were white when it clearly states that the murder was driven by a despute between neighbors?


And in the thread where the Islamic extremist murdered the politician it was for political, rather than religious, reasons? Also it doesn't matter that the attackers were white; the main point is that they were yelling racist insults.


Originally posted by XphilesPhan
There is a difference. The cabbie was motivated out of Islamofacism. This guy waqs caugfht up in a dispute between neighbors.


'Islamofacism' is a 'Bushist' compound noun and, if you've checked you're English dictionary recently, is still not a word. What about 'Christofascim', 'Cathlofacism', 'Protestofacism', 'Judafacism', 'Buddafacism', etc?
Also I fail to see how 'Islam' is in any way related to 'Facism'.



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar

'Islamofacism' is a 'Bushist' compound noun and, if you've checked you're English dictionary recently, is still not a word. What about 'Christofascim', 'Cathlofacism', 'Protestofacism', 'Judafacism', 'Buddafacism', etc?


IMO, all the above are words used by the ignorant to tar a large group of people with the same brush, and justify hatred against them.

"Anti-American" is another example of such a term.

It's is ignorant to use such terms IMO. Ignorant and pathetic.

It is, IMO, a symptom of a simple mind, unable or unwilling to think of people, human beings, as individuals.



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
The cabbie was motivated out of Islamofacism.


That's your opinion. You don't know enough to say that. Just because he had an argument about religion before he committed his crime doesn't mean he's an "islamofacist" (Thank you, Mr. Bush)
He may just have an incredibly unconrtrolled temper and would have gone after someone after an argument about politics or his driving. After all, he was already a criminal with a past history of crimes (unrelated to religion).


Originally posted by WestPoint23
Why do they call middle easterners "Asian"?


Because Pakistan is on the continent of Asia. Just as I am called an American, a Canadian is also an American, a Japanese person is Asian, a French person is European. And so forth.


Hi Westie!



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Also it doesn't matter that the attackers were white; the main point is that they were yelling racist insults


As far as the source is concerned, it does appear to matter.



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Hi Westie!


Hi to you too BH! Long time...


Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Because Pakistan is on the continent of Asia. Just as I am called an American, a Canadian is also an American, a Japanese person is Asian, a French person is European. And so forth.


Yeah but we (here in the states) tend to refer to people by their nationally, it makes more sense as it's more specific. But anyway it just seems to me (from this and other articles) that in the UK they don't really use the term "Middle Eastern" bur rather "Asian" instead. I want to know if this is politically motivated or just how they do things here...

[edit on 21-2-2007 by WestPoint23]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join