It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Neuharth: Bush Is Worst President of All-Time

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
One could easily argue that the July 2000 numbers were actually overvalued in stock price as well. That would explain much of the hard crash landing we had over the next few years. Basically, a bubble burst that was not based on or could be supported by the numbers that existed at the time.

They were overvalued. I'm not denying that. But like I've said. If there were no inflation since 2000. The stock markets would be standing a lot lower than they are today.

And if you look at the (since 1924) inflation adjusted Dow Jones, it barely passes 1000. It will probably be even less if you look it with the inflation adjusted from 1913 onwards.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow It must be true then.

The founder of USA today, the "nations newspaper" says Bush is the worst president.

You don't think he's trying to drum up business, in a failing newspaper industry do you? Those "black and white" statements tend to polarize, AND sell papers/website hits. It's about money, it's always about money.

Al, is just a hitchhiker, on the Bush bashing bandwagon.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
They were overvalued. I'm not denying that. But like I've said. If there were no inflation since 2000. The stock markets would be standing a lot lower than they are today.

And if you look at the (since 1924) inflation adjusted Dow Jones, it barely passes 1000. It will probably be even less if you look it with the inflation adjusted from 1913 onwards.

There has almost always been some inflation in the modern Era, I'm pretty sure if you adjusted the 2000 numbers for inflation you would have the same result. What is your point then? Yes, inflation erodes buying power, but it is hardly a new thing under the Bush Administration. You can just blame that one on Capitalism if you want.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Bush is no saint, and has made many mistakes. But has any of these Bush-bashing threads actually said anything new in the last couple of years? Can't we rightfully say, "Nothing new to see here. Time to move along"?

Actually, I think the same tactics of repitition that Bush and the think tanks and the admin in general use should also be used to drive the point home that Bush is a terrible president, and also terrible, the perpetual Bush apologists.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You know what? I am not a big fan of Bush,but, excluding the Iraq fiasco, he hasn't been bad.

Maybe instead of focusing on what he has done badly, we should focus on the good. There is way too much bad to sift thru, it would be much easier (and faster) to list Bush good points. I will take a few of yours for example:

Inflation is almost nil

Artificially low, inflation still exists at roughly 3% per year. They factor in things like plasma screens that cost 5000 last year, and 2000 this year. That would show a reduction in price when important things like food, fuel & clothing have been going up in price dramatically. You are using skewed numbers. Either way, Bush doesn't control inflation nor does his administration - this is purly an economic trend.

Defecit has been reduced 50%

LMAO, reduced by 50%??? You got a link to that little gem? This idiot you call a president was given a surplus when he entered office - he has to get rid of ALL the deficit AND bring us back into the positive before I agree one bit with you on this.

Wall Street is having all time highs

At the expense of the common man. Investors are the only people who are benefiting from this. Again, BushCo have nothing to do with this, this is purely market activity and peoples spending habbits.

There hasn't been another terrorist attack on U.S soil since 9/11...

Big deal, 911 still happened and it shouldn't have, period. Maybe if he had prevented THAT one, I might be inclined to agree with you. You are wrong though, the Patriot Act is as much an act of terrorism as any.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Bush is no saint, and has made many mistakes. But has any of these Bush-bashing threads actually said anything new in the last couple of years? Can't we rightfully say, "Nothing new to see here. Time to move along"?

Um no. People pointing out Bush's flaws aren't "bashing" him. The POTUS should be held to the highest standard when it comes to running the country. Bush has royally screwed this up on many levels. People who are pissed at this aren't bashing, they are simply pissed - and rightly so.

The term "Bush Bashing", I believe, was created by the right in an attempt to prevent the left from doing the same thing to Bush that the republicans did to Clinton back in the 90's. The only difference was that the Clinton investigations were a witch hunt (not debating whether Clinton did wrong - he did), and investigations into Bush's activities have shown cooked evidence, a willingness to lie to the people of the US, disregard international law, and to start a war of aggression against a sovereign nation based on lies. He has commited far more serious acts that need to be dealt with in a court of law.

Ideas for ATS: create a thread category just for Bush bashing threads, and have mods move all of these threads there whenever someone starts a new one. Also, create a new emoticon just for Bush bashing that would be placed at the top of the screen with the other icons when you post. That way we could see ahead of time what the thread and/or post was about.

Interesting idea, however with how easily politics seeps into all catagories on this forum, it is kind of hard to keep it limited to just a few threads. Bush being an idiot and a horrible president affects many of the threads existence outside of just the "political" ones.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Yup, along with 70% of the rest of the country - even higher percentage as the rest of the world. Just because it may be used to make money doesn't make it any less true. Bush is a terrible president. What good has he brought to the world?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
centurion, always there to support a big criminal, if you would have been in Germany in the 30s, you would have supported Hitler, I'm sure of that.

And again, it's not ``Bush-bashing`` it's to see the crimes of the Bush administration in everyone in it. Rize, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Gates, Rove, Libby... all those criminals.

But still, you still believe that the Patriot Act, the military comission act, the increase in army budget, the increase in Iraq troops, the lies about Iraq, the cover-up of 9/11, the wiretapping, the constant fear-mongering propaganda, the constant lies and hate for the constitution is matter of supporting this administration.

You're the minority who have their head in the sand ........Where ???
[edit on 20-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

Hey V, Forgot a couple...New Orleans...forgotten. The Southern border...WIDE OPEN STILL, Justice Dept takes the drug dealers word and puts OUR border guards in prison. This makes me sick. He is keeping this bad stuff on the QT. You just wait till you find out the real truth...if you will.
He's getting paid off BIG time by Mexico....I'll bet you.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun

Yup, along with 70% of the rest of the country - even higher percentage as the rest of the world. Just because it may be used to make money doesn't make it any less true. Bush is a terrible president. What good has he brought to the world?

70 percent is a pretty high number. I'm sure the is a poll that reflects that somewhre right? Could this info have been provided by the same media that tells us how to think? Face it, they had it out for Bush from day one.
And when the going gets tough, they jump on it. Shame on them.

What good has he brought the world?
At least he was willing to take on terrorism, while others sit in the simmering pot of Islamofascism. Someone had to do it. Not many others had the courage to step up to the plate.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i think i'm going to have to disagree here

as much as i dislike bush junior, he isn't the worst

i'd say that honor goes to woodrow wilson

sure, bush is in the bottom 10, but worst is a bit too harsh

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Al Neuharth sound like a man who playes to the public. I would like to see the list several President from now. But the bottom line is who cares...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
centurion, always there to support a big criminal, if you would have been in Germany in the 30s, you would have supported Hitler, I'm sure of that.

If you had read any of my posts on Bush for months now, you'd know I have no love for the man. I was just saying that saying the same things over and over are a waste of time and electrons.

Save the hitler references. I doubt you know enough history to understand hitler or fascists. Mods can we get a warn for the hitler references? I certainly have been warned for a lot less.

Sorry but I can't stand fascists/neo-cons. They disgust me at the highest point for their lack of human caracteristics like love and respect of life.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

As for the rest of your tirade, meaningless babble.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

70 percent is a pretty high number. I'm sure the is a poll that reflects that somewhre right?

No poll, it was the results of the last US election, did you miss it? I did round up to 70%, however I think the voters spoke volumes with their choices considering virtually every senate seat up for election was taken by democrats - no red state, blue state there - people are pissed - democrats and republicans alike.

Could this info have been provided by the same media that tells us how to think? Face it, they had it out for Bush from day one.
And when the going gets tough, they jump on it. Shame on them.

Are you for real???? The media has had it out for Bush???

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today. It is quite the opposite my friend. Why is it in our so-called "liberal media", will no one ask the tough questions to Bush, you know the ones that really matter?

At least he was willing to take on terrorism, while others sit in the simmering pot of Islamofascism. Someone had to do it. Not many others had the courage to step up to the plate.

Rhetoric and you have eaten it up, you spout the catch phrases quite well also: Islamofacism. Congrats, you have been successfully brainwashed.
BTW - Bush has done nothing to take on terrorism, only to help it spread. Everything this administration has done has either been deceitful or simply not true at all.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Logan

I think we both have opinions on who is being brainwashed.
And yes, I am for real.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Logan

And yes, I am for real.

Well congrats, seeing as how you ignored every one of my counter points. You all sound like a broken record. Do you have anything that would actually lend weight to Bush NOT being the worst president? Or is that all the "liberal media's" fault?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thats great using the Stock market as evidence that the president is doing a good job? Just because the companies are making ridiculous profits from high gasoline prices and profiteering from the war in Iraq as well as the WOT here at home does not signify that he is doing good for the people. He helped the corporations do better and thats why the stock market or to be more precise the Dow Jones Average is hitting record highs. Easing restrictions on chemical plants, opening up reserved land meant for public use to corporations, tax breaks, of course the stock market will do better because they arent spending as much and they are still charging the same or higher prices. Lets not forget the mass amounts of outsourcing that has occurred.

During Clintons term the stock market was being fueled by innovation, the creation of new jobs and the wealth was being distributed. This is a wholly different ballgame. Thousands of jobs are being lost. The only reason why you get fudged numbers on unemployment is because they don't count all the people being unemployed once their unemployment checks run out otherwise the numbers would be much higher

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Why does there need to be another attack on American soil? We've sent them the victims. How many people in 9/11? How many people died in the war so far... hmmm... seems like they're doing a good job of killing Americans still... Now, they've just got them sent to the middle east on a plate vs. having to take teh long road.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

And yes, I am for real.

Ehh. A lot of those who you call ``liberals`` don't support either Bush nor the democrats. So you can't base your insult on any base, because it's not for political reasons that they are pointing out the crimes of this administration. And a majority of ``liberals`` don't listen to CNN, Fox, or any ``liberal`` news channel because we know it's propaganda. Also, how do you call all the republicans who woke up and now are against both parties?

And yes, I am for real.

Sorry, I don't believe that.
I don't believe that someone is brainwashed enough to use the word islamofascist.

Save the hitler references. I doubt you know enough history to understand hitler or fascists. Mods can we get a warn for the hitler references? I certainly have been warned for a lot less.

Yeah right, I'm 14 years old right?

If you had read any of my posts on Bush for months now, you'd know I have no love for the man. I was just saying that saying the same things over and over are a waste of time and electrons.

Well why are you supporting his policies over and over? It's a waste of time and electrons.

As for the rest of your tirade, meaningless babble.

Sorry, but someone who support the complete destroy of the Constitution, the Bill Of Rights, the borders, the human rights, the international laws, lie to make money, lie and this lie results in thousands of death... this is purely criminal and disgusting.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Inflation is almost nil

Defecit has been reduced 50%

Wall Street is having all time highs

(Taken for granted in spite of what TheBandit795 posted afterwards.)

Give it four years or less and you'll see how great our economy is doing right now. Suffice it to say it was doing better in 1929, and by the time most realize this, the 1930's will be looking great.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by bsbray11]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Thats great using the Stock market as evidence that the president is doing a good job? Just because the companies are making ridiculous profits from high gasoline prices and profiteering from the war in Iraq as well as the WOT here at home does not signify that he is doing good for the people. He helped the corporations do better and thats why the stock market or to be more precise the Dow Jones Average is hitting record highs. Easing restrictions on chemical plants, opening up reserved land meant for public use to corporations, tax breaks, of course the stock market will do better because they arent spending as much and they are still charging the same or higher prices. Lets not forget the mass amounts of outsourcing that has occurred.

Wow man, well said!! I find myself sunable to convey my thoughts into posts a lot of the time in here. You just put into a quote everything that I was trying to do in my earlier post. Again, well said!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join