It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Neuharth: Bush Is Worst President of All-Time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Al Neuharth: Bush Is Worst President of All-Time

Source Link: www.editorandpublisher.com

Last year, Neuharth, a World War II hero who has met every president since Eisenhower, listed his five worst as Andrew Jackson, James Buchanan, Ulysses Grant, Herbert Hoover and Richard Nixon. "It's very unlikely Bush can crack that list," Neuharth wrote.

Now he admits: "I was wrong. This is my mea culpa. Not only has Bush cracked that list, but he is planted firmly at the top." By top, of course, he means bottom.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.usatoday.com

Hmm so in a matter of time he decided after watching the media that Bush is the worst president of all time? .. Well that settles it then, must be a fact.

Though is list is most likely the exact list I would draw up, except puting Carter at the top of the list and perhaps JFK as he never actually did anything..

I cannot say Bush is the "worst" .. I believe his response to 9/11 was exactly what should have happend, we where attacked and we brought the war to them. What more can you ask for?

3,000 troops dead in a few years is nothing in my book. Very sad they died, but if we can take over 2 nations and occupy it and only loose 3,000 men thats amazing. How many thousands of Russians died trying to attack Afgahnistan? We took it over in a matter of days.

He is however the 3rd worst president in my book as far as civil liberties and over stretching power. The worst would be Lincoln, the next would be FDR and then Bush.

So I am not being entirely biased here.. He is a good war president, up untill a few months ago when he began giving into media, allowing them to take control of his presidency, and he is a terrible advocate to civil liberties and the rights of the people. So I would put him up there as maybe the 10th worst of all time.

But.. history has a way of changing the fate of past presidents.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I cannot say Bush is the "worst" .. I believe his response to 9/11 was exactly what should have happend, we where attacked and we brought the war to them. What more can you ask for?

Yeah, like attack Iraq and say that Osama isn't important? IMO, he should have kill himself, but before, put to death all those impliqued in 9/11, like Cheney, CFR, special ops, silverstein, guiliani and others.

3,000 troops dead in a few years is nothing in my book. Very sad they died, but if we can take over 2 nations and occupy it and only loose 3,000 men thats amazing. How many thousands of Russians died trying to attack Afgahnistan? We took it over in a matter of days.

Right, but what about the 700.000 iraqis deaths?

He is however the 3rd worst president in my book as far as civil liberties and over stretching power. The worst would be Lincoln, the next would be FDR and then Bush.

Yeah Lincoln... opposing slavery, not like Bush who encourage slavery in letting illegal immigrants coming in the US or Cheney doing human trafficing with Halliburton. But Lincoln was slow on banning slavery... so maybe.

Lincoln who opposed the radical republicans when Bush is one of them.

Of course, Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus, as Bush did, declaring martial law, Bush as yet to do it, and like Bush overstepped executive powers. And like Bush, he enlarged the federal powers for his own gain.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Logan

I think we both have opinions on who is being brainwashed.
And yes, I am for real.

Well congrats, seeing as how you ignored every one of my counter points. You all sound like a broken record. Do you have anything that would actually lend weight to Bush NOT being the worst president? Or is that all the "liberal media's" fault?

I said "liberal media"? sorry, you must be thinking of someone else.
I just said media. Which leads me to believe that knee jerk response, are more closely tied to broken records, than things I have said.
Very similar to the "canned" response you had towards the word Islamofacsism.

As far as ignoring your points..I read them. See above, as to why I don't bother responding to rhetoric anymore.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Vitchilo - I know anything I say is complete garbage unless it is 100% radical left wing views you adore..

Yeah, like attack Iraq and say that Osama isn't important? IMO, he should have kill himself, but before, put to death all those impliqued in 9/11, like Cheney, CFR, special ops, silverstein, guiliani and others.

I agree there was an inside job with 9/11 .. how ever I do not judge unless it can be 100% proven.. as it is a big claim, so when attempting to engage in an inteligent conversation I stick to the current theory of events and do not stray into the dark world of shifting conspiracy theories.

Right, but what about the 700.000 iraqis deaths?

Highest number I have ever seen lol.. honestly, where did you pull that one from?
The current prediction on civilian cassualties is around 150,000 and that may be extreme as well.. which I think it is below 100k but it is sometimes hard to determine when someone dies and has no one to speak for them.. but a nation of Iraq's size .. it would be very very noticable when 700k die. So please, lets stick to the theory of current events and not into misguided or made up statistics.

As for my response .. would 700k Iraqi's be worth Kurdistan?

You bet ya it is..

YYeah Lincoln... opposing slavery, not like Bush who encourage slavery in letting illegal immigrants coming in the US or Cheney doing human trafficing with Halliburton. But Lincoln was slow on banning slavery... so maybe.

Lincoln wanted to ship slaves back to Africa or deposit them on various little islands off the coast of America... He is a very interesting man.. very complicated and hard to read.. but he in no way felt for blacks.. Team of Rivals is a book I have infront of me that I am reading right now.. there are tons of books on him and he is an amazing politician.. however he was the single most destructive president to the Union in our history.. no one can compare.. from his ilegal war against the soverighn and free states of the South to his acceptance of Shermans genocide to the Atlantic.. I put Lincoln at the top of my list.

Bush letting in ilegal aliens I agree is a disaster, for their own good and our own good.. why do you think I support Bush? .. I am just more rational.

Show me proof Haliburton traffics humans? - Proof.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Vitchilo - I know anything I say is complete garbage unless it is 100% radical left wing views you adore..

Well not everything, and you say i'm a radical left wing when I'm for the constitution and against everyone who's against it? Well, if someone is against the constitution, he have to get out of my country. I'm a constitutionalist, and if this makes me a left wing radical, so be it.

Show me proof Haliburton traffics humans? - Proof.

Not just Halliburton, but UN too.

American firm in Bosnia sex trade row poised to win MoD contract
Halliburton, other lobbyists stall Pentagon ban on human trafficking
UN ship 'carried child prostitutes'
Nato force 'feeds Kosovo sex trade'
DynnCorp Disgrace
UN troops accused of 'systematic' rape in Sierra Leone
Some links to sex rings of political elites
U.N. Finally Forced to Probe Its Pedophilia Scandal
Child sex book given out at U.N. summit; Cites animals, gays as partners
Governor writes Rumsfeld on human trafficking

Video of Cynthia McKinney takes on Donald Rumsfeld, DynnCorp sex-trade
Sex and Drugs at the UN
UN staff accused of raping children in Sudan

For Iraq victims:
Study Claims Iraq's 'Excess' Death Toll Has Reached 655,000
Study: War blamed for 655,000 Iraqi deaths

And this is AFTER the invasion. Let's not forget all the deaths in Iraq BEFORE the invasion because of the results of a 10 year war-embargo on medical supplies that affected mostly the childrens and the older people.

Here's an article about it the estimated casualties of such an embargo are over 500.000 people. And another.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I would like to say thanks for the proof that the UN and companies like Haliburton do that kind of crap... but.. meh.. makes me sick to read those things..

It would not surprise me if almost every major corporation engages in such disgusting behavior to gain a contract or to appease clients.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The two worst presidents of all time imo are LBJ and GWB.

Note to self: never vote for anyone from Texas.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Note to self: never vote for anyone from Texas.

Note to you, except for Ron Paul.
The only good candidate out there since ... well too long.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Wrong.... President Bush is a great President....

you all keep forgetting... He is the President that is helping to bring the NWO to us all.

I wish it was coming faster.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by elevatedone]

REPLY: Worst president???? Were you people asleep during the eight years of the previous administration? Hmmm... serial rapist; sold our entire patent database to the Chinese, including nuclear technology.

NWO??? You must mean the United Nations.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Well if he would actually do something GOOD for a change -

www.amfar.org...

You didn't like the multi-billion dollar AIDS package he gave away for AIDS research around the globe? (I don't like it, but you might). Wouldn't YOU consider that to be GOOD .. for everyone?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
www.amfar.org...

You didn't like the multi-billion dollar AIDS package he gave away for AIDS research around the globe? (I don't like it, but you might). Wouldn't YOU consider that to be GOOD .. for everyone?

Good One.

Just where is that Cure already?

Wait a minute - wasn't AIDS created in the first place?

Oh well let's forget that "Wacky" Conspiracy theories for a second, this is only AboveTopSecret forum.

Well let's see what else GOOD he has done, shall we?

And you can check out what else GOOD he has done for AIDS in the following quote:

Bush's Crimes

1. In December 2001, the United States officially withdrew from the 1972 Antiballistic Missile Treaty, gutting the landmark agreement-the first time in the nuclear era that the US renounced a major arms control accord.

2. 1972 Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention ratified by 144 nations including the United States. In July 2001 the US walked out of a London conference to discuss a 1994 protocol designed to strengthen the Convention by providing for on-site inspections. At Geneva in November 2001, US Undersecretary of State John Bolton stated that "the protocol is dead," at the same time accusing Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Libya, Sudan, and Syria of violating the Convention but offering no specific allegations or supporting evidence.

3. UN Agreement to Curb the International Flow of Illicit Small Arms, July 2001: the US was the only nation to oppose it.

4. April 2001, the US was not re-elected to the UN Human Rights Commission, after years of withholding dues to the UN (including current dues of $244 million)-and after having forced the UN to lower its share of the UN budget from 25 to 22 percent. (In the Human Rights Commission, the US stood virtually alone in opposing resolutions supporting lower-cost access to HIV/AIDS drugs, acknowledging a basic human right to adequate food, and calling for a moratorium on the death penalty.)

5. International Criminal Court (ICC) Treaty, to be set up in The Hague to try political leaders and military personnel charged with war crimes and crimes against humanity. Signed in Rome in July 1998, the Treaty was approved by 120 countries, with 7 opposed (including the US). In October 2001 Great Britain became the 42nd nation to sign.

6. Land Mine Treaty, banning land mines; signed in Ottawa in December 1997 by 122 nations. The United States refused to sign, along with Russia, China, India, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Vietnam, Egypt, and Turkey. President Clinton rejected the Treaty, claiming that mines were needed to protect South Korea against North Korea's "overwhelming military advantage." He stated that the US would "eventually" comply, in 2006; this was disavowed by President Bush in August 2001.

7. Kyoto Protocol of 1997, for controlling global warming: declared "dead" by President Bush in March 2001. In November 2001, the Bush administration shunned negotiations in Marrakech (Morocco) to revise the accord, mainly by watering it down in a vain attempt to gain US approval.

8. In May 2001, refused to meet with European Union nations to discuss, even at lower levels of government, economic espionage and electronic surveillance of phone calls, e-mail, and faxes (the US "Echelon" program),

9. Refused to participate in Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)-sponsored talks in Paris, May 2001, on ways to crack down on off-shore and other tax and money-laundering havens.

10. Refused to join 123 nations pledged to ban the use and production of anti-personnel bombs and mines, February 2001

11. September 2001: withdrew from International Conference on Racism, bringing together 163 countries in Durban, South Africa

12. International Plan for Cleaner Energy: G-8 group of industrial nations (US, Canada, Japan, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, UK), July 2001: the US was the only one to oppose it.

13. Enforcing an illegal boycott of Cuba, now being made tighter. In the UN in October 2001, the General Assembly passed a resolution, for the tenth consecutive year, calling for an end to the US embargo, by a vote of 167 to 3 (the US, Israel, and the Marshall Islands in opposition).

14. Comprehensive [Nuclear] Test Ban Treaty. Signed by 164 nations and ratified by 89 including France, Great Britain, and Russia; signed by President Clinton in 1996 but rejected by the Senate in 1999. The US is one of 13 nonratifiers among countries that have nuclear weapons or nuclear power programs. In November 2001, the US forced a vote in the UN Committee on Disarmament and Security to demonstrate its opposition to the Test Ban Treaty.

15. In 1986 the International Court of Justice (The Hague) ruled that the US was in violation of international law for "unlawful use of force" in Nicaragua, through its actions and those of its Contra proxy army. The US refused to recognize the Court's jurisdiction. A UN resolution calling for compliance with the Court's decision was approved 94-2 (US and Israel voting no).

16. In 1984 the US quit UNESCO (UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) and ceased its payments for UNESCO's budget, over the New World Information and Communication Order (NWICO) project designed to lessen world media dependence on the "big four" wire agencies (AP, UPI, Agence France-Presse, Reuters). The US charged UNESCO with "curtailment of press freedom," as well as mismanagement and other faults, despite a 148-1 in vote in favor of NWICO in the UN.

17. Optional Protocol, 1989, to the UN's International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, aimed at abolition of the death penalty and containing a provision banning the execution of those under 18. The US has neither signed nor ratified and specifically exempts itself from the latter provision, making it one of five countries that still execute juveniles (with Saudi Arabia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Nigeria).

18. 1979 UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women. The only countries that have signed but not ratified are the US, Afghanistan, Sao Tome and Principe.

19. The US has signed but not ratified the 1989 UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, which protects the economic and social rights of children. The only other country not to ratify is Somalia, which has no functioning government.

20. UN International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, 1966, covering a wide range of rights and monitored by the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. The US signed in 1977 but has not ratified.

21. UN Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, 1948. The US finally ratified in 1988, adding several "reservations" to the effect that the US Constitution and the "advice and consent" of the Senate are required to judge whether any "acts in the course of armed conflict" constitute genocide. The reservations are rejected by Britain, Italy, Denmark, the Netherlands, Spain, Greece, Mexico, Estonia, and others.

22. Is the status of "we're number one!" Rogue overcome by generous foreign aid to given less fortunate countries? The three best aid providers, measured by the foreign aid percentage of their gross domestic products, are Denmark (1.01%), Norway (0.91%), and the Netherlands (0.79), The three worst: USA (0.10%), UK (0.23%), Australia, Portugal, and Austria (all 0.26).

And when you had to dig really Really deep to find "Something" good that president Bush has made, it took me few seconds to find a broad and very exact list of treaties, laws, conventions, protocols and all that other "Law Stuff", which president known as the "DECIDER" decided to systematically flouted agreements that the US had previously signed up to. So what exactly do you still find so good about him? The fact that he is not a Democrat? The fact that he is a War president? The fact that he "Support the Troops" while cutting the budget for Veterans and for their medical care, when they come home injured, wounded or disabled? I really, Really would love to know what keeps you going, where is that spark that still lights in your heart when you hear him speak or say something, which we all know is not true at all, but somehow you still belive him? Is it denial?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Good One.

yeah, thats about where I had to stop and think to myself, this is crazy. Im probably from now on going to forgive your op/eds and other threads simply because you cannot help but be a little out of touch with reality. kudos souljah. you have just been iggied.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You know what? I am not a big fan of Bush,but, excluding the Iraq fiasco, he hasn't been bad.

Inflation is almost nil

Defecit has been reduced 50%

Wall Street is having all time highs

There hasn't been another terrorist attack on U.S soil since 9/11...

Umm, I don't know where people come to the conclusion that "Bush is the worst president ever," but it's an obviously faulty assumption.

the economy and stocks almost always go up during war time. before the war he was doing a terrible job. he was a running joke. after the war he became a "freedom finder" and it's all rhetoric from there out.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
yeah, thats about where I had to stop and think to myself, this is crazy. Im probably from now on going to forgive your op/eds and other threads simply because you cannot help but be a little out of touch with reality. kudos souljah. you have just been iggied.

I suggest you click on the links bellow my posts that say AFRICA: The Prison Continent, and scroll some pages and find the threads about AIDS and about Kissinger and educate yourself.

Anyway, now your motto is Deny Ignorance -

BUT IGNORE SOULJAH!

Congratulations!

DOH!

You can not read this post.

Pity.

Such Pity.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

*sigh* I gave you something that you would consider to be a 'good one' that he did. (although I disagree with him doing it) And yet you are now demanding a cure.

I'm not even going to bother trying ... nothing will be good enough for ya'.

Enjoy your Bush bashing thread. See ya'.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Good One.

Man X I have to say I am with you on this one. I don't understand why extremist radical liberals think their so much better then every one else.
Must be that extra big dose of Self Righteousness they take every day.
Bye Souljah.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I don't understand why extremist radical liberals think their so much better then every one else.
Must be that extra big dose of Self Righteousness they take every day.
Bye Souljah.

Boy, I haven't listened to the AM clearchannel Right wing radio vomit for sometime since my radio got jacked out of my car... but I got a ride to work from a friend today and we were listening to Bruce Jacobs - I like listening to this guys blood boil with 100% uncut bias and stupor - and man, this guy gives new meaning to the phrase Self Rightous! Calling Nancy Polosi "the skank of the house" and "Piglosi". I mean, I am honestly not the president of her fan club, but this is kind of disrespectful. I rarely hear the most left slanted syndicated radio host describe any of the criminal republican officals remotely in this way - even though they deserve this 100 times over, on a daily basis.

Im not sure how big the doses us "Librals" are taking but, apparantly it is micrograms compared to the rightwing radio hosts or some of our "conservative" friends on this forum.

Extremist, radical liberals......... Wow. Have you even listened to Rush Limbaugh, ever?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A member of the media considers Bush the worst President of all time?

Go figure?

Any list of worst Presidents that doesn't have Carter or Clinton in the bottom five isn't worth looking at.

One of the best Presidents of all time, Abe Lincoln, was hated during his term by over half the country, and he is praised today. I think the same will happen to Bush.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I agree that the list is skewed if Carter isn't at the top of it. I knew the Carter presidency, I grew up during those dark years, When it comes to the absolute worst president, Bush is no Jimmy Carter

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tha stillz
I like listening to this guys blood boil with 100% uncut bias and stupor - and man, this guy gives new meaning to the phrase Self Rightous! Calling Nancy Polosi "the skank of the house" and "Piglosi". I mean, I am honestly not the president of her fan club, but this is kind of disrespectful. I rarely hear the most left slanted syndicated radio host describe any of the criminal republican officals remotely in this way - even though they deserve this 100 times over, on a daily basis.

Dude, since you got your radio stolen, get the Sirius/XM one if you want a does of unadulterated hatred toward Non Democratic Party People. Pick almost any Air America personality and you will hear them make the man you heard sound like a choirboy. They even go the extra mile and really insult callers that they disagree with in a most distasteful manner. I especially love the dropping of swear words every second sentence, just cause than can, on the satellite radio. I can understand it on Howard Stern and that genre of shock radio, but why do i have to hear it on a political talk station? Makes no sense to me.

I must agree that the endless name-calling by those on both sides is rather distasteful to say the least, especially as it drifts into every ones terminology. Remember your "right wing radio vomit" and "criminal republican officials" quote. You've become just like the people you say you despise.

Remember when people used to be taught to carry on a civil debate without resorting to calling people or their ideas names or to such below the belt talk?

When will the mudslinging stop? And lookee what's around the corner.... a new, wide open presidential election season. I just can't wait to hang my head in disgust.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join