It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Doubletree Video Does NOT Show Flight 77?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Some people think that they can see the "wing tip" of Flight 77 approaching the Pentagon just before the explosion in the Doubletree Hotel video relseased last year.

Here are some screen captures with the corresponding time stamps that prove beyond all doubt that what is shown in the video is NOT Flight 77.

The first time the "wing tip" appears is at 9:34:03 on the video. Here is a still with the time stamp and "wing tip" visible.

The second still shows what some people think is the larger version of the wing. Here iit is with the time stamp showing 9:34:05

At 9:34:06 the "wing" isn't in the shot. By 9:34:10 there is no still no explosion or "wing" in the video.

Here are the stills to show this:

Then at 9:34:11 you see the fireball.

So here's what this means...

A plane traveling 400 mph is moving at about 600 feet per second. In the two seconds between the images that some think show the approach of Flight 77, the plane would have moved about 1200 feet. However, from the time Flight 77 would have entered the field of view of the Doubletree camera, it would have been less than 1000 feet from the Pentagon.

From the time of the 2nd still showing the larger image of what some people think is the wing until the fireball, 7 seconds go by. In 7 seconds, the plane would have travelled nearly 1 mile, not a few hundred feet into the Pentagon.

Here's an overhead shot of the area from Google Maps with the scale shown in the lower left corner:

This shows that the Doubletree Hotel video does NOT show Flight 77 approaching the Pentagon -at least not along the official flight path.

What's interesting is that the white image doesn't appear to be a car either. Notice how it comes up behind the truck on the onverpass then disappears from the shot.

So what is the white image? A sloppy attempt to re-enact the final approach of Flight 77?

Or is it more CT bait that's being put out there just to set up the "9/11 Truth" movement for a later fall?

The only way this white image could be Flight 77 is if Flight 77 came in from a different approach angle than the official version states. If the video is real, and the white object is a plane traveling at around 400 mph, then the only way it would have taken so long to hit the Pentagon would be if it traveled a further distance in the same amount of time.

The only way the video could show the plane traveling a further distance would be if the plane was coming in from due west, or even from a slightly northwest direction.

Below is an overhead image that shows where the plane would have been coming from so that the timing of the video matches up with the speed of the plane:

Interestingly, this angle of approach matches the witnesses who said the plane came from north of the Citgo, and it also matches the flight path of the NTSB video.

What it doesn't match is the layout of the lamp poles that were knocked over, or the official 9/11 Commission report on the flight path.

Something's seriously not right about this....

[edit on 19-2-2007 by nick7261]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Good research nick and well presented.
I would like to hear Caustic's views on this.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer

Thanks!

I think Caustic is one of the #1 people here, and I spent a lot of time at his blog. Caustic doesn't jump to conclusions -he/she studies the evidence as much as anybody.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick7261

Thanks!

I think Caustic is one of the #1 people here, and I spent a lot of time at his blog. Caustic doesn't jump to conclusions -he/she studies the evidence as much as anybody.

Nick, I notice in Cautic's thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
he dismisses your ideas:

"...Ohh my god this has gotten silly. (in ref to everything up to the previous post). And good try Nick. Thot I should just say guys, I'm completely done with this case. On the record and waaaaay outta here. Spoon, you got it sewn up there. It's a missile after all and I'm back to square one...."

Someone will have to give way in this argument.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by pmexplorer]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Very nice, it's too bad you have to go through all the trouble to prove someone wrong, when most normal people can just watch the video and automaticaly know its not the jet.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Nick, I notice in Cautic's thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
he dismisses your ideas:

I don't think he was dismissing the ideas. I think he was referring to my attempt to convince somebody else who was adamant that the video shows the wing tip. I'm pretty sure Caustic doesn't think the video shows a 757 either.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connected
Very nice, it's too bad you have to go through all the trouble to prove someone wrong, when most normal people can just watch the video and automaticaly know its not the jet.

Thanks... I know what you mean, but there are people who seriously, and I mean SERIOUSLY, believe that the white spot in the video confirms the official story.

The great thing is I finally figured out how to embed photos in my posts!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You have voted nick7261 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Good work nick imo. Gets my vote.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You have voted nick7261 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Good work nick imo. Gets my vote.

Cool! Thanks!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
After seeing the extended version of the double tree video in this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...I can tell you that the white thing is just an air dam on the top of a semi truck. The truck doesn't have a box trailer, but a flat bed. How do I know? Well, if you calculate the speed of the white air dam, and run your mouse over it at the same speed along the path of the freeway, you can actually see the entire truck with a white air dam come out from behind the trees all the way to the right of the video.

Try it...

...its just a truck.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

After seeing the extended version of the double tree video in this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...I can tell you that the white thing is just an air dam on the top of a semi truck. The truck doesn't have a box trailer, but a flat bed. How do I know? Well, if you calculate the speed of the white air dam, and run your mouse over it at the same speed along the path of the freeway, you can actually see the entire truck with a white air dam come out from behind the trees all the way to the right of the video.

Try it...

...its just a truck.

Can you give me a time on the video where you see the air dam come out on the other side? I tried doing what you said and I'm not sure I saw what you're talking about.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
At 2:25 on the YouTube clock, the white air dam on the truck pops out from behind the tree and passes by, and continues out of view.

Ill try to make a screen capture of my mouse following the truck...

Before the explosion it appears that the white air dam disapears for a second. Well, the same thing happened on another air dam from a truck in that same video. Since this was early in the morning, my only explaination for this is that the truck passes through a shadow of another object, causing the sun to not shine on the white air damn, and it blends with the sky.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Since YouTube takes ages for approval, here is the video of me following the truck with my mouse, estimating the speed.

Its not good quality but you get the idea... Another thing to note is that when my mouse and the truck get near the center of the video, you will see a tiny hole in the trees flash white, which is the trucks air dam. This will support my view.

media.putfile.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Since YouTube takes ages for approval, here is the video of me following the truck with my mouse, estimating the speed.

Its not good quality but you get the idea... Another thing to note is that when my mouse and the truck get near the center of the video, you will see a tiny hole in the trees flash white, which is the trucks air dam. This will support my view.

media.putfile.com...

Thanks!

Can you cross-reference the times in relationship to the time shown on the actual video from the Doubletree, e.g., something like 9:34:46?

Thanks again!!! Using the mouse and the screen capture video was a really cool idea!!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yeah thanks... If i wasn't on my work laptop I could have done it more professionaly...

anyway... its just a truck air dam. Nothing more...

YouTube one is ready i think...

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Connected]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Yeah thanks... If i wasn't on my work laptop I could have done it more professionaly...

anyway... its just a truck air dam. Nothing more...

Nice job!! I see it very clearly now. I'd say I'm 99% sure that you're right about it being a truck. (The reason I asked before about posting a cross-referenced time is because I couldn't get the video to load).

So then why didn't the Doubletree video catch a glimpse of the plane coming in?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Flatbed. Exactly. Thanks Connected! And thanks for the kind words, Nick! But I do doubt doctoring unless I see a good reason - Nick's observation of the cuts and time jumps is more interesting by far, because I think this was always just a tall truck - just couldn't see why I wasn't seeing a trailer - figured it was a trick of the light. I mean come on, it's going the same direction and same basic speed as al, the other wingtips driving to work or wherever. But a semi towing a flatbed would well explain it.
I was done trying to debate Gwion. There are people that will just suck your energy, whether or not they mean to, and there's a time to just move on.

Sometimes on to real life... It's been a hectic weekend and I've only been able to be on here a bit. Anniversary/bonding weekend with the girlfriend(which here means I'm a guy, as I usually presume of members unless there's a good geneder clue since 90% I'd guess of 9/11 truthers are youngish white males). But i'm sneaky enough to get in a little time.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
In fact I'm already done again for the day! This week I'll be back on. Nick's got another WATS vote. I forgot you can do that!
No time obv. to analyze the finer points - I'd say it's still possible Connected got wo vehicles in two lanes mixed up somewhere in there, but I think this and common sense combined should be enough to reduce any suspicion of anything other than normal traffic to negligible. At least to reasonable people and the rest will have to fend for themselves. Damn, that's a cool program you did that with - I think I have a hard time w/ screen captures cause I'm running a mac - it doesn't do everything it should the right way...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caustic Logic
I'd say it's still possible Connected got wo vehicles in two lanes mixed up somewhere in there, but I think this and common sense combined should be enough to reduce any suspicion of anything other than normal traffic to negligible.

Nope, no mix up. At 9:34:14, right below the "C" and "A" of the word "Caption" on my video, right above the finger, you will see a hole in the trees. This hole lights up white, at the exact time the truck should have been there, confirming that it indeed kept moving forward at the same angle as the freeway, and at the same speed.

With enough calculation, I will actually determine the speed of which it is moving, by using the other truck beds as a measuring tape. I will report back later...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Did they say when they released the video what you could see in it or are looking for something thats not in the video? Perhaps the video only shows the fireball.

mikell

top topics

<<   2 >>

join