It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I still don't understand about some 9/11 conspiracy theories.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Lets take this from the general conspiracy theorists direction, although we know that there are thousands of theories out there.

The base claim would be that the US government, or more accurately, a small faction within the US government pulled of 9/11 mostly because of greed, and to get the american people behind an invasion of Iraq.(why that needed to happen is another topic)

My question is, why do so many of the theories become so overly complex?

Why are so many people convinced that it was a missle, or an air force plane that hit the pentagon. Or that the airplanes that hit the towers and the pentagon were dummy drones, or different aircraft under remote control.

I hear stories of offloading passengers in Ohio, people being stowed away in colorado, etc.

We are to believe that a group of people in the government are evil enough to stage the 9/11 attacks, kill thousands of innocent people at the WTC, and go on to kill thousands if not millions in the WoT, all the while destroying the constitution. Yet at the same time, we are supposed to believe that they were worried with using drone airplanes, offloading passengers, etc.

Wouldn't the simplest thing of all be wire these planes up with remote control electronics, and fudge the communication between ground control and the airplanes in question. Once everything is on it's way,you take control and fly these planes, passengers and all into these buildings?

Heck, if you wanted to its very easy to get a bunch of "terrorists" boarding planes to hijack them. Who cares what happens from there, you have control of these planes, and they are going to be buried into these buildings.

Wouldn't that plan involve the least amount of effort, people being involved, and chances for things to go wrong?

Why would this group care about killing a few hundred in a 4 airplanes when they are about to commit murder on a mass scale.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
One of my own little theories is much simpler than most of what is out there.

The CIA had basically invented Al Qaeda. I could assume that they (CIA) had someone in that organization very close to bin Laden. Now, all that has to be done in my scenario, is to find a dozen or so volunteers for a suicide mission, willing to die for allah. Not that hard when you are dealing with extremists, imo.

The seed had already been planted by bin Laden in that America was evil, and should be destroyed. Suppose now, this CIA mole within al Qaeda helped devise a plan of using airliners as missiles, and kept pushing the idea onto bin Laden and his followers....

The targets in that scenario of course would be strongly suggested by the CIA mole within al Qaeda...

Of course this is only a theory, not sure how plausible it would be in real life...

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I would agree that if indeed the government made it happen(or let it happen), that is the most likely scenario.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I could of course, be totally wrong.

But imo, that is the simplest way to do it, without having many people knowingly involved, as would need to be in some of the other scenarios.

Just some food for thought.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
That one was new, ReadilyUnavailable :-) Usually, conspiracy theorists are accused of a monocausal world view: you make one claim (the CIA/Bilderbergers/Opus Dei/Jews/Aliens are responsible) and see to it that all facts fit into your world view - if they don't, just ignore them!

Indeed, many of the theories out there would require schizophrenic behaviour by the respective perpetrators - and that's exactly why the official conspiracy theory the White House came up with is one of the possibilities I have discarded so far. You can't be a devout muslim, yet snort coc aine regularily and frequent night clubs. You don't leave your instructions in your car when you have prepared your suicide attack for years. Plus: it's monocausal: "those evil islamofascists conspired because they hate our freedom!" Sure, George! You almost had me convinced.

And to be honest: some of the conspiracy theories I like best aren't complex at all. It's just that you have to know more than just: there is a desert, far, far away where long-bearded camel-lovers dance around their fireplace, chant a tune and conceive plans to attack the core of the Emperor's Death Star, McGuyver style.

That's why some of the stuff you read here sounds so complex. Because nobody told your average John Doe how the Neoconservatives and Mujahideen started in the early 50ies, what the Cold War has to do with Osama bin Laden, why the alleged CIA drug trading from the Middle East to the USA might play a role in that whole picture, how private banks and oil corporations profit from the post-9/11 world order, how there were huge amounts of gold stored away under the WTC complex, that the towers were ugly, many offices vacant, the whole building filled to the roof with poisonous asbestos and often swayed so much that pencils went rolling off the desks when winds blew a little harder than usual. You have to explain why the main stream media refuse to investige how lease owner Silverstein profited from the insurance on the buildings, you have to wave those "Operation Northwoods" papers under Mr. Doe's nose before he believes that his government is capable of conceiving a scam like that. You have to dig the internet and other sources to validate claims that security firms like Kroll or demolition firms like Controlled Demolitions, Inc. have close ties to the government and members of the government. You have to question the official explanations about why there were no flight data recorders/black boxes found and why the whole site was cleaned up in a few months, thus destroying all clues in the vilest attack on a western nation since, errrm, let me think... Pearl Harbour? You have to dig through all those theories, facts, allegations, denials, proofs, evidences, testimonies and corrections to get a clear picture of what happened. Your John Doe will either end up mad and paranoid, or will cling to that what everybody believes to be the truth, choosing the way of the three ape's blissful ignorance - or he just has to accept that there is a conspiracy so deep and so well designed that all puppets obey their strings without even getting a glimpse of their masters, that this conspiracy dates back to the beginning of the 20th century at least (doesn't hurt to mention Ford, Morgan, Rockefeller, Kissinger, Murdoch or some other glorious names here, or even the pyramids, if you're really serious about it), that the MSM are not likely to change their minds and tell the truth and therefor action must be taken if we don't want the ultimate goal of that cabal to succeed - total enslavement of all living beings on this planet.

I think that's why some of the theories sound so complex.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
ReadilyUnavailable

People don't like the vacuum created that leaves many things unanswered, some theories that came about are probably misinformation, some people trying to fill in the facts with speculation.

There is though good reasons to doubt the official story and to suspect something sinster is going on, just dig into the timeline of 9/11 and it becomes apparent.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I myself am not a CT and can not understand why people who question or bring up new ideas about 911 are automactically classified as CTs.

I am triyng to find the truth about what really happened that day. I have a background in aviation and a former federal police officer and it did not take much common sense to see almost right away that the official story was not correct.

I have a big problem with no proper crime scene investigation done on any of the aircraft crash scenes, its been over 5 years and we have no official FBI or NTSB incident reports on the crime scenes.

The FBI did not take over the Pentagon crash site and make it a crime scene for 10 days, and then after saying it would take a month to do the crime scene they handed back jurisdiction to the military after only 5 days.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I agree. People go looking on the internet which begins a snowball effect. The end of this results in them knowing it was a conspiracy and not knowing how or why. Almost everything I ever read about 911 conspiracies is so overly complex and detailed. 'Global hawks', 'missiles', 'passenger genocide' and so on... All of it makes sense if you believe 911 was a conspiracy, but is quite obviously ridiculous from a planning point of view. The USA probably let it happen to be honest, there are all sorts of people in the world who want to bugger up the United States with their own personal motivations. I believe alot of Americans don't really grasp why some people dislike them and actually do want them to mind their own business. This conspiracy surrounding this event is growing old. 911 was 5 years ago and nothing will ever will be proved.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by superpaul55]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by superpaul55
I agree. People go looking on the internet which begins a snowball effect. The end of this results in them knowing it was a conspiracy and not knowing how or why. Almost everything I ever read about 911 conspiracies is so overly complex and detailed. 'Global hawks', 'missiles', 'passenger genocide' and so on... All of it makes sense if you believe 911 was a conspiracy, but is quite obviously ridiculous from a planning point of view. The USA probably let it happen to be honest, there are all sorts of people in the world who want to bugger up the United States with their own personal motivations. I believe alot of Americans don't really grasp why some people dislike them and actually do want them to mind their own business. This conspiracy surrounding this event is growing old. 911 was 5 years ago and nothing will ever will be proved.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by superpaul55]

Problem with your post is that i do not use just the basic internet, i use government and professional research sites and have found a lot more information that disproves the official story then supports the official story.

Also the government has a large and expert intelligence gathering operation so to just discount the government haD knowledge of the attacks is really being closed minded.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the great responses everyone.

I think with regard to 9/11, I do not believe the official story one bit. Yes, directly after 9/11, directly after having to evacuate my office building because everyone thought our building may be next, I was freakin GI Joe, and ready to ship my backside to afghanistan as well.

But after starting to think about things, and re-evaluate, due in part to comments like "they hate us for our freedom", I knew a lot of this was total B.S. After digging into it further, and realizing how the tension goes back at least half a century, I was convinced of 1 of 2 things happened.

Either the government was covering it up because one half thought it was gross negligence, while the other half ( members of CIA, etc), had actually knew it was going to happen and let it happen.

Or else there was a group that made it happen, and was behind the recruitment and training of the terrorists, etc.

The more and more I read, the more I am starting to feel option two is the MOST likely.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sorry, just another thought I had.

I think even sadder, is that we are starting to get a group of "adults" in this country, that barely even remember 9/11, and what this country was like pre-9/11.

There are kids that were around 12 or 13 now getting to be adults. I have asked a few kids in this age range what they remember about 9/11, and they don't remember much.

Even further, we have kids that are now 12 or 13 that REALLY have no clue what the country was like pre 9/11, and in a few years, they will be adults who just accept our post 9/11 disaster of a country.

new topics

top topics

join