It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who watches The Sopranos?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I actually really liked the ending. I thought the way they heightened suspense at the end was genius! My heart was pounding, waiting for Tony to get "rubbed out."

I couldn't imagine how they'd end the show, and this seemed a very interesting option: leave us guessing.

I'm sad it's over, but at least Big Love starts again tonight, to fill the gap.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i think the ending was a little bit of a cop out. They couldve at least gave us a few more seconds of suspense!

btw, anyone see that show john from cincinatti afterwoulds????

Thats a weird freaking show, i just didnt get it

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I used to like the Sopranos, the first few seasons were great. But lately I thought it really went downhill and only rarely watched it. I did see the final episode and thought it was so stupid. Nothing happened.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
the series finale was brilliant.

As has been the case since season one, David Chase has shown that he doesn't care about the complaints made about his show. He got a lot of flack for loose ends in previous seasons (the russian hitman who escaped, Dr. Melfi's rapist etc) and he gave you a giant loose end to close it out. The suspense he built up in that last scene was insane and the last to words of the show were Don't Stop. What more could you ask for? Were you expecting a tidy little post script telling you that Tony retired to palm beach?

The man's life was back to "normal." He'd made peace with NY, knocked off his rival and in the process, exacted revenge for killing and wounding two of his most important family members. His son is back to being a screw up without the insanity, his daughter is about to marry a guy who's working on a case that sounds like it might drag Tony and his crew down, he's probably going to have one of his own rat him out etc.

and here he is, sitting down to eat a nice meal with his family and he's got to deal with the constant threat all around him.

brilliant ending.

incidentally, lots of great music throughout the last couple of episodes. Anyone catch any of the songs Tony didn't play? I'm figuring at least one of them was a play on this being the end.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
the ending to me was more of a "you never see or hear the shot that kills you". i think tony ate a bullet from behind.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think WE, the viewers got whacked.
I mean, instant black, no music. and we never saw it coming.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I haven't seen the entire last episode but I did see the last two minutes because it was all over the news. I have to admit that I felt cheated out of a good ending, so I don't know if I will even d/l the finale. I did enjoy the series while it ran, though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join