It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnel into mountain 40 miles SW of Area51. John Lear, care to comment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here are two angles of a Google Earth image of what I can only assume is a tunnel going into a mountain. This is 50 mile southwest of Groom Lake AFB

My only other guess is that it is a crash test sight and instead of an opening at the end of that road there is only a mountain reinforced brick wall.

Anyone have any idea what this is?

More specifically, does John Lear have any idea what this is

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
www.ocrwm.doe.gov...

Nuclear waste storage bunker apparently

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That is the southern entrance to the Yucca Mountain tunnel complex. I have been there.

You can see the tunnel boring machine parked where they left it after it exited the mountain.

The main entrance is north of here. Look for a collection of buildings of various sizes with another tunnel at the same orientation as this one.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Does anyone know if google earth is a free accessory or do I need to buy it. I'd like to check some things out too.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hunter Thompson
Does anyone know if google earth is a free accessory or do I need to buy it. I'd like to check some things out too.

I think it is free for the lo-rez version

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Mr. Lear believes there's a secret base 35 miles north, northwest from the base at Groom Lake in the mountains with 3 runways. He also believes there's another secret base in the middle of a dry lake to the northeast of the secret mountain base. He also believes there's a secret base on the moon. I'm shocked you'd look to Mr. Lear for advice on this matter. He's delusional.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Cobra1982]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hunter Thompson

Yes, it is free (you don't hear that word too often anymore), and low res., but it sure is neat.

It is surely interesting what you can find/see on it.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
That's the southern portal to the proposed Yucca Mountain Repository.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
There is a free and paid version of Google Earth.
The only thing is you need a 3D card to view.
Lots of stuff that would fit in very well here.

top topics

join