It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France to Release UFO Documentation in Mid February

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Contrary to popular belief, the French do have their own data. They knew about global warming before we did. Our government Lied to us. We were the last to know. That's what happens when you put two oil loving hillbillies in office together. One starts a big war over oil, the other shoots some guy in the rear. Have another drink!

Anyhow, mid February. The thing is we wont hear about when they do it in the US, they will try and limit all access. I'm going to France this May, I'll see if I can keep you guys posted.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Once you get there, maybe you can become a citizen since they have it all over us.

Can we not get into global warming and USA bashing for once please?

Back to the topic at hand, it's just a waiting game like many other issues. I'm not going to hold my breath.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here is another link that describes the story more in depth. Unlike the tiny blurbs in Time Magazine or MSN. -Cheers

UFOevidence

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangefires
Here is another link that describes the story more in depth. Unlike the tiny blurbs in Time Magazine or MSN. -Cheers

UFOevidence

"The state-run National French Centre for Space Studies (CNES), a department responsible for analysing what are commonly called unidentified flying objects (UFOs) but what are officially known as unidentified aerospace phenomena (UAP).

It is a unique department, the only permanent government- financed scientific project set up by a developed country to unravel fact from fiction in the debate about UFOs."

If UFOs are real, you sure would think these guys would have found the proof.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Can we not get into global warming and USA bashing for once please?

He did not bash the people of usa he bashes the government, there is a big difference and frankly i don't see why anyone should stand up for them.

Back on topic:

When is this info suppost to be available to the public?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
All the good stuff will be underneath large black ink. After all this noise it will probably try to disprove the existance of aliens.

This is incorrect. The French version has been out for some time and it is very much the opposite of the malarky you find published in the US>.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Exactly. Our government is so good at controlling the media, they do not inform us of any new information. If you look for Cold Fusion it says it's impossible...by US government standards. As for other countries example:
Germany, Russia, and France. Iran and Iraq are starting on the ET phenomenon. Interesting how a devoute Muslim country is investigating things against their religion.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
why do people need proof of ufo's? its only logical for us not to be the only sentient beings in the whole infinite universe ....the numbers of planets with life are astronomical and depending on how long a planet has been around there will be advanced technological life.

look at it this way.

Ufology is no different than a religion ...we have no solid proof ...but we DO have evidence of other life.

yet on the other hand ...people believe in god ...and all they have is a book...thats the only evidence ....if u even wanna call it that (i call it a book wrote up by unscientific men)

but seriously ... just because u dont have proof of something doesnt mean its not real.

anyways thats my 2 pence on this subject lol

~Kind regards - Mayan

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is good news. Hopefully this will push other countries to move in the same direction, however I expect if anyone does it last, it will be the U.S.

I cant even begin to think how the public would react to finding out that our wonderful government has been hiding loads of information from us for the past 70 years or so.

Keep your fingers crossed that other countries decide to own up, and get this information out into the open.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I've always had a gut feeling that if disclosure does happen it won't originate from the America government.
I think if anything, when disclosure does happen in another country, the U.S will begrudgingly join in but only after a lot of pressure OR only if it needs to OR it would look silly if it didn't. It would then become like a peeing competition...I can just imagine it. ..."hey, the aliens that visit us are bigger and more advanced than yours. Hey, they prefer to visit here than your backward country...I'll get this top secret file from 50 years ago, declassified to prove it to ya...etc etc"

I don't expect the U.S government will be the initiator in this but they sure will get involved if and when disclosure takes off.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I had even forgotten that I had sent them an e-mail, after a long struggle with my memory, to try to remember how to write in French.

I received yesterday their answer, it says only March 22.

Lets hope we get their data (whatever it is) this time.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
Contrary to popular belief, the French do have their own data. They knew about global warming before we did. Our government Lied to us. We were the last to know. That's what happens when you put two oil loving hillbillies in office together. One starts a big war over oil, the other shoots some guy in the rear. Have another drink!

Anyhow, mid February. The thing is we wont hear about when they do it in the US, they will try and limit all access. I'm going to France this May, I'll see if I can keep you guys posted.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that they knew about global warming before the US did.

However, I will still like to see what they release in mid February. China is going to do the same. Let's see if it is truly going to be everything. I do agree that the cultures are different and that, as with most things, the view of the French has been distorted by the media and government. Funny how the only ally that comes to our aid during the Revolution is so shunned by the people a few centuries later. Why not just dismantle the statue and send it back? LOL

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here's the page where French CNES talks about their UFO / UAP programme hosting a dedicated site for the 6000 or so files they are making public.

www.cnes.fr...

Information will be made available to the public through a dedicated website, due to go live in late 2006. With huge volumes of archive documents scanned, the site will post all available information, as authorized under current legislation.

No link or update about it as far as i can see.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I know France extremely well. The delay is normal; everything comes out late. No conspiracy, just lazy bureaucrats who are probably striking for extra benefits.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega

The French space agency plans to publish its archive of UFO sightings and other phenomena online but keep the names of those who reported them off the site to protect them from the pestering of space fanatics.

France Releases UFO Documentation

I don't know if this has been on here yet. This is definately a step to resolving our government cover-ups.

[edit on 2/16/2007 by AlphaAnuOmega]

they did publish the COMETA report:

In 1999 an important document was published in France entitled, UFOs and Defense: What must we be prepared for? ("Les Ovni Et La Defense: A quoi doit-on se préparer?"). This ninety-page report is the result of an in-depth study of UFOs, covering many aspects of the subject, especially questions of national defense. The study was carried out over several years by an independent group of former "auditors" at the Institute of Advanced Studies for National Defense, or IHEDN, and by qualified experts from various fields. Before its public release, it has been sent to French President Jacques Chirac and to Prime Minister Lionel Jospin. The report is prefaced by General Bernard Norlain of the Air Force, former Director of IHEDN, and it begins with a preamble by André Lebeau, former President of the National Center for Space Studies (Centre National D’études Spatiales), or CNES, the French equivalent of NASA. The group itself, collective author of the report, is an association of experts, many of whom are or have been auditors of IHEDN, and it is presided over by General Denis Letty of the Air Force, former auditor (FA) of IHEDN.

COMETA on web

it would be great if they open the whole archive to the public!

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
nice they've got a bunch of pix!

like this one:

[edit on 21-3-2007 by themaster1]

word they've got crazy footage too! look at this:

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1

like this one:

www.ufoevidence.org...

Is it just me or does those videos look like bad cgi? :S

Notice the woman in red... she doesn't even care what they are pointing at, wouldn't you atleast stop for a sec and have a peek at something like that? The same goes for the bald guy coming in from the right of the shot and kinda squeezes between the watchers just to get by, like he's not about to stop...

And what is that girl with glasses saying to the watchers? Could it be something like "yeah yeah... that's funny haha"?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Interesting stuff! I followed a link to a supposed UFO landing (leaving similar marks) that supposedly happened here in Sweden, and.. well I just never knew something like that happened here. It seems very credible too, as the soil tested positive for increased gamma radiation or whatnot.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by themaster1

like this one:

www.ufoevidence.org...

Is it just me or does those videos look like bad cgi? :S

Notice the woman in red... she doesn't even care what they are pointing at, wouldn't you atleast stop for a sec and have a peek at something like that? The same goes for the bald guy coming in from the right of the shot and kinda squeezes between the watchers just to get by, like he's not about to stop...

And what is that girl with glasses saying to the watchers? Could it be something like "yeah yeah... that's funny haha"?

That video has already been a confirmed hoax. Actually, it wasn't a hoax at all. It was simply purposefully done for the French film festival. It was created for the opening of the festival.

I'm a believer but for different reasons. But this video is defintely a fake.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
ok - its late March. What is going on with France?

Any suggestions - or did the USA step in and say 'Um, don't think so!"

But.... even if the USA did - France wouldn't listen to the USA... hardly ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join