It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Based Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
ive been lurking here for a while now and am a big ufo buff myself. ive realized already that we already have weapons in space that our govt definetely wont admit too hehe but heres the thing. The more i hear about the reptilian sightings from witnesses around the world the more i just are not particularly fond of unless somehow the info is wrong. Anyways my point is that if at least ONE of the races are hostile out of the perhaps thousands that are living in our own galaxy we need to be able to defend ourselves. maybe 99% of them are peaceful but im not willing to risk becoming a peaceful race if 1 race happens to be a hostile one. thoughts anyone?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Maybe they think that Humans are the hostile race? All we do is kill each other and lie to each other. We have a class system in which we are degraded.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
Maybe they think that Humans are the hostile race? All we do is kill each other and lie to each other. We have a class system in which we are degraded.

this is true but it doesnt mean there arent races that are just as bad maybe worse than us that really wouldnt care at all if our planet was wiped out

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
True. I definately believe that there is a more hostile race out there. Most people on ATS don't take a logical approach to it. There is always something bigger, better, and sometimes...pardon my poor english, it just goes well...badder than the next thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Aliens or not, hopefully they utilize the weapons to blast a meteor or asteriod off the course to Earth. It is an established control to secure the skies should they become shattered. Space based lasers(SBL's) will intercept ballistic missiles, thus securing US and allies. With directed energy, more specific THEL or tactical high energy laser and it's successful trials of shooting down Katyusha rockets is a testament to how well this may work. I wonder how well the lasers would work with an advanced spacecraft? Interstellar war does not sound fun

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eden
Aliens or not, hopefully they utilize the weapons to blast a meteor or asteriod off the course to Earth. It is an established control to secure the skies should they become shattered. Space based lasers(SBL's) will intercept ballistic missiles, thus securing US and allies. With directed energy, more specific THEL or tactical high energy laser and it's successful trials of shooting down Katyusha rockets is a testament to how well this may work. I wonder how well the lasers would work with an advanced spacecraft? Interstellar war does not sound fun

blasting a meteor is easier than you think infact we will have or already have that technology within 5 years. also remember that the ETs we know wouldnt let it happen

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Assuming aliens developed like we did...there's a sad fact to consider...

Warfare is a primary driver of transportation technology and technology in general.

It stands to reason that a race with more advanced tech likely got there due to development from warfare...and arms races.

Sure, it's possible it was a slower development curve...but over a longer period...but with only ourselves as a basis of comparison...not as likely...

It's probably safer to assume that said race/s have developed more advanced weaponry in addition to other tech, than to assume they want peace and love...especially since the evidence shows a long history of visitation, with no attempt to help mankind.

Chances are more likely that until we figure out how to safely and easily leave the neighborhood of our little mudball, that we're considered "contained", and therefore of only scientific interest...if any interest at all. As to why we haven't been "invaded" yet...remember that such wars usually only happen when a needed resource is involved...so if they don't need anything from us, it would certainly explain why no invasion....

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There exists no evidence that any ET race is hostile to us.

They've been visiting us for many years, if they wanted to blow us up they could've done it by now, after we dropped two atomic bombs and landed on the moon would've been a very good time to have done it, before we ventured out into space with our atomic weapons.

The idea of ETs being hostile is a lie, a bald faced lie manufactured by the government, disinformaton to justify having space based weapons up there in the 1st place.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
There exists no evidence that any ET race is hostile to us.

They've been visiting us for many years, if they wanted to blow us up they could've done it by now, after we dropped two atomic bombs and landed on the moon would've been a very good time to have done it, before we ventured out into space with our atomic weapons.

The idea of ETs being hostile is a lie, a bald faced lie manufactured by the government, disinformaton to justify having space based weapons up there in the 1st place.

what about the evidence of reptilian humanoids witness accounts and relationships with mayans, shapeshifting also? all im saying is that i think we have learned by now that we shouldnt to just go out into space and trust every race we come across. with all the types of ET how is it not possible that some aren't friendly?

[edit on 15-2-2007 by jemblem62]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
How about a "Neurological Weapon"=F.E.A.R

It will drive you to learn.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by menguard]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
How about a "Neurological Weapon"=F.E.A.R

It will drive you to learn.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by menguard]

fear is a good game
i aint saying go around blasting aliens left and right all im saying is that we need to identify friends cautiously afterall we arent dealing with someone who we can outsmart, we are dealing with beings that could destroy us with the press of a button. i can pet a cat and make him feel very peaceful with me while im taking him to the vet to put him to sleep. we could be part of some other agenda as well but are being baited with their own propoganda. probably not true but this is why we cant be completely trusting just yet

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Correct, It will divide, seperate and conquer if you let it.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm saying that what those witnesses saw were not ETs. They were reproduction ET vehicles built right here in the good ol USA(not everything is made in China)along with things that are made to look like ETs. They are grown in Dulce NM in an underground base.

The disinfo is that it is a colony of angry ETs who eat and abduct people and cows.

C'mon, you gonna believe that?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Im sure that there is a more angry and hostile race out in the infinite cosmos, but as for us, I am guessing that we take the cake in the ol Milky Way. Only on planet Earth can you find people killing people for shoes, as well as people killing people for fun. Do you think there is an interstellar version of the Bloods and the Crips? If so, I hope they never show up at our doorstep or we are all f'd.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
Im sure that there is a more angry and hostile race out in the infinite cosmos, but as for us, I am guessing that we take the cake in the ol Milky Way. Only on planet Earth can you find people killing people for shoes, as well as people killing people for fun. Do you think there is an interstellar version of the Bloods and the Crips? If so, I hope they never show up at our doorstep or we are all f'd.

Yeah they are called "Cub Scouts". lol

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Weapons in space, hostile aliens, next people will be saying the Earth is flat and if you go to far you will fall off the edge............oh hang on we already did say that.

Sure man/woman are a aggressive being, always wanting more and therefore willing to kill to get more, does not mean aliens are the same, we always seem to want to perceive aliens in the same mould as ourselves.

Aliens could be just like our wildlife here on Earth, in the terms that they kill to feed and procreate to further their own kind, no wars needed just a simple way of getting on, thus by doing so all energies could be put into advancing society and technology, therefore making them superior and us looking like stone age man.

Wolfie

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I just deleted my reply due to the fact that it was not really on topic. I appologize.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by iggster]

[edit on 15-2-2007 by iggster]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn

which is why we do need the weapons considering there are probably thousands and thousands of different species. i think the main issue here is responsibility not the weapons themselves. or maybe we could be supported by the extraterrestrial weapons and just call them when we need them :]

top topics

join