It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginning Of The End Of American Domination! The Rise Of The New Super Powers!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Has a new era begun? For starters, Russian president Vladimir Putin has sent out a clear message to Europe: toeing the American line of trying to encircle Russia was fraught with the danger of a new confrontation and was against the interests of the continent.

Fifteen years after the collapse of the erstwhile Soviet Union, Moscow has declared loud and clear that the US-lead uni-polar world is dead.

In a hard-hitting speech at the Annual Security Conference, in Munich, he said:

* Washington’s reckless policies were ruinous and made the world a dangerous place to live.
* An almost unrestrained hyper-use of force in international relations was breeding conflict after conflict and fuelling the arms race.
* More countries were seeking weapons of mass destruction to defend themselves against American diktats.
* Unilateral, illegitimate military actions have not resolved even a single problem, and on the contrary have created more human tragedies and more hotbeds of tension.
* We are witnessing growing trampling of fundamental principles of International law.
* The United States has overstepped its national borders to impose its laws and an entire legal system on other states in all spheres – social, political and humanitarian.
* Nobody feels safe anymore because nobody can find shelter behind the wall of international law.

This is, needless to say, a damning indictment of the US aggressive policies. And no one could have brought this out more succinctly.

And now we have a new breed of Super Power groupings waiting in the wings. IRC (India-Russia-China) and BRIC (Brazil-Russia-India-China).

The present combined GDP of India and China based on PPP (Purchasing Power Parity) is already bigger than that of the US, while the BRIC countries have among them a larger GDP than the European Union.

There is no doubt that in the foreseeable future, the economic and military potential of these new centers of power will inevitably get converted into political clout and will strengthen multipolarity.

And this has begun to happen with Russia firing the first salvo!

As writer Jan Morris, a former Guardian correspondent says, “America, once the most beloved has now become the most hated. The American swagger has become bombast, the cocky GI a bully.”

The days of a uni-polar world are coming to an end. And the sooner, the better.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It's sad but its true!!
I dont support the American world domination, but I'm from litle country and if I had to chose between American world domination and Russia world domination I choose the first!For I had lived in Sowiet Union and believe me its nightmare!!
As for the collapse of Sowiet Union dont be silly,in the fact that never happen!They have changed the title,have give away some secrets but all the same people who was in charge by SU is still in charge now!!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
One former Communist nation that is starting to look a lot like the old USSR, a current Communist nation that strictly limits personal freedoms, and a nation that is in dire poverty and the majority of money comes from the so called new evil empire (the USA) via outsourcing.

Sounds like just what the world needs!

I sure thought Putin would understand the fight against terrorist when so many live in their backyard. Especially after Beslan I can't understand it. I think the idea of being in control and the money and power it will bring is more important to Putin than actually doing something about the Muslim terrorists on Russian soil.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Has a new era begun? For starters, Russian president Vladimir Putin has sent out a clear message to Europe: toeing the American line of trying to encircle Russia was fraught with the danger of a new confrontation and was against the interests of the continent.

Fifteen years after the collapse of the erstwhile Soviet Union, Moscow has declared loud and clear that the US-lead uni-polar world is dead.

* Washington’s reckless policies were ruinous and made the world a dangerous place to live.
* An almost unrestrained hyper-use of force in international relations was breeding conflict after conflict and fuelling the arms race.
* More countries were seeking weapons of mass destruction to defend themselves against American diktats.
* Unilateral, illegitimate military actions have not resolved even a single problem, and on the contrary have created more human tragedies and more hotbeds of tension.
* We are witnessing growing trampling of fundamental principles of International law.
* The United States has overstepped its national borders to impose its laws and an entire legal system on other states in all spheres – social, political and humanitarian.
* Nobody feels safe anymore because nobody can find shelter behind the wall of international law.

This is, needless to say, a damning indictment of the US aggressive policies.

And from a guy who's re-written his countries constitution to centralize and advance his power, sent special forces units into neighbhoring capitals to suppress democratic elections and prop up his own proxies, and assasinated people around the globe who directly criticized him.

And now we have a new breed of Super Power groupings waiting in the wings. IRC (India-Russia-China) and BRIC (Brazil-Russia-India-China).

Neither Brazil, Russia, India, nor China has the ability to send a mass of troops to the oppositte end of the globe and wage large scale total war there.

Brazil is barely a regional power for south america. China is a good regional power for east asia. Russia is a world power because of its nukes alone. India is a regional power for the indian subcontinent. None of them are super-powers, with the exception of russia, which can vapourize entire nations at the push of a button.

The present combined GDP of India and China based on PPP (Purchasing Power Parity) is already bigger than that of the US, while the BRIC countries have among them a larger GDP than the European Union.

Indeed, they are growing economies. Japan has a tremendous economy. It can barely defend itself from outright invasion. The US is able to have the largest economy in the World, AND able to spend more money on 'defense' than, not ONLY any other country in the world, but even, what, the five or six other biggest spenders combined?

China has been greatly expanding its military, at fantastic rates. India has not. That means china could become a super-power, but India can not. A super-power must have power. And even China, while its increasing its spending rates, is apparently completely focused on taiwan, not global power projection.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
USA squandered the best chance for a western led pax mundi. I only hope we can enter into an era of regional co-operation rather than the rise of new competing superpowers, repeating the same old mistakes over & over.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
USA squandered the best chance for a western led pax mundi. I only hope we can enter into an era of regional co-operation rather than the rise of new competing superpowers, repeating the same old mistakes over & over.

Unfortunately I think it will be the latter. A new Cold War seems to be in the making.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sorry to break the new's but the "Cold War" never ended.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Too bad America is not dependent on Russia, Western Europe however is different. I don't see how Russia could usher in a new era unless they invaded Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Germany, Guam, Horn of Africa, Nigeria, Hawaii, Italy, South Korea, Venezuela, Canada and Mexico and managed to defeat the US opposition. Perhaps if that is accomplished, then they could usher in the new era.

I agree with Samblack, the Cold War never ended. The DOD still spends hundreds of trillions and the Soviet Union went through 5 years of stagnate growth and changed their name back to Russia.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by etotheitheta
the Soviet Union went through 5 years of stagnate growth and changed their name back to Russia.

More like the CIS...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) (Russian: Содружество Независимых Государств (СНГ) - Sodruzhestvo Nezavisimykh Gosudarstv) is the international organization, or alliance, consisting of 11 former Soviet Republics: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

And from a guy who's sent special forces units into neighbhoring capitals to suppress democratic elections and prop up his own proxies, and assasinated people around the globe who directly criticized him.

Yes. After the US poked its finger into the affairs of the CIS countries. Remember the so called ‘Color’ revolutions being instigated and supported by the US in the former Soviet Republics? Rice claimed in Moscow that the US did not back revolutions in Georgia, Ukraine and Kyrgyzstan, but during a news conference in Lithuania the same day she had announced, "It's time for a change in Belarus!!"

The US has never spoken so clearly ahead of a velvet revolution in the other three countries. When asked whether or not the US backed the opposition in Belarus for a revolution, Rice had replied: "If it brings about democratic progress, why is it a bad thing for people (Read America)to ‘throw off the yoke of tyranny' and decide their futures?"

Why am I getting a sense of Déjà vu here? Democracy! American style!

The main point of the color revolutions is fight for power, and not social reforms. It is incorrect to compare them with social revolutions, namely, the Great French Revolution, and those in Russia, Iran, etc.

GIA JORJOLIANI,
Professor of the Tbilisi State University, Director of Tbilisi’s Social Research Centre.

The undeniable fact is that the idealistic enthusiasm behind President Bush’s world democratization “campaign” is far removed from the hard geopolitical realities.

None of them are super-powers, with the exception of russia, which can vapourize entire nations at the push of a button.

Nygdan, why do I get the feeling that your only yardstick for being a super power is the ability to nuke everyone? I remember you mentioning this in a post somtime last year! As ex pres Clinton had said, "It's the economy, stupid!" It's not nukes for Christ's sake!

The US is able to have the largest economy in the World, AND able to spend more money on 'defense' than, not ONLY any other country in the world, but even, what, the five or six other biggest spenders combined?

Almost a trillion dollars for the Iraq war!! And what is there to show for it? Gross waste of money and resources. An Obscene display of uncontrolled splurging of tax payer's money! And that's your money too.

And 3200 soldiers killed fighting someone else's war. Hey! But we're trying to spread democracy, you see. The Iraqi's need our style of democracy. We're willing to see thousands more of our soldiers getting killed for the ordinary peace loving Iraqi. Body bags ain't an issue at all. These soldiers are paid for getting killed to further the 'democratic' process.

But the bottom line is: "It's the OIL, stupid!!!"

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
And in 2007-2008 the crash of the US economy, and the next president will have more power than any president in US history before him/her, that will probably lead to a more despotic regime, gun control, ect... FEMA camps aren't there for nothing and the next president, unless it's Ron Paul will be another globalist, someone who wants to bring down the US, form a NAU, ect... bring down the US.

So Russia and China, don't hurry, the US is gonna fall soon enough.

P.S. The american people, take back your country from the criminals who are in power since too much time, and that will profit for everyone, you, the world, and your childrens.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
the world will probably be made up of blocks of nations in the future.

Europe(the main group)
North America
Asia
etc.. etc...

this is where the nwo is heading, and is why america will put defences in eastern europe.

will be interesting to see whether russia is part of europe or the asia group.

we are just going to see whole continents joining into groups, and sharing resources.

[edit on 2/16/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This thread is so laughable its not even funny.

It's clear the OP has no clue on Russian history or it's current status in it's "Geo-Political Sphere".

This thread gets less credibility as the OP didn't name the "New Super Powers".

Sure Russia is debt free, big whoop. Who would you listen too, a guy who works and McDonalds and Lives with his mom, does nothing with his spare time but play everquest (debt free), or Donald Trump (been bankrupt in the past)?

Let me think.

EDIT: Combing India and China to justify your claims is amature at best.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by crisko]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Almost a trillion dollars for the Iraq war!! And what is there to show for it? Gross waste of money and resources. An Obscene display of uncontrolled splurging of tax payer's money! And that's your money too.

Do you have an idea to the situation?

And 3200 soldiers killed fighting someone else's war. Hey! But we're trying to spread democracy, you see. The Iraqi's need our style of democracy. We're willing to see thousands more of our soldiers getting killed for the ordinary peace loving Iraqi. Body bags ain't an issue at all. These soldiers are paid for getting killed to further the 'democratic' process.

You honestly know nothing.

But the bottom line is: "It's the OIL, stupid!!!"

So GWB says we go to war with Iraq because of WMDs and you believe him, no you are angry because you find truth; get over it. I was 17 when he said that # and I did not believe him for a second. Welcome to the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Very simply, the OP is a troll.

*Nuke the thread*

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just because others evolve new technology doesn't the US is resting on its larrels. Look at the new raptors, and such. The U.S. is the only real superpower because it is constantly updating and evolving its technology.

Just when the other guys have found a way to counter our weapon, we pull out a new one and make them cry.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

This is, needless to say, a damning indictment of the US aggressive policies. And no one could have brought this out more succinctly.

There is no doubt that in the foreseeable future, the economic and military potential of these new centers of power will inevitably get converted into political clout and will strengthen multipolarity.

And this has begun to happen with Russia firing the first salvo!

As writer Jan Morris, a former Guardian correspondent says, “America, once the most beloved has now become the most hated. The American swagger has become bombast, the cocky GI a bully.”

The days of a uni-polar world are coming to an end. And the sooner, the better.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by mikesingh]

What kind of dumb statement is that, "and the sooner, the better"?

I think you honestly need to think about what a world run by the chinese or russians would be like....

I would never want to see that.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by etotheitheta

Do you have an idea to the situation?

You honestly know nothing.

Oh yeah? So what do you know? You're living in a world of make believe!

It's amazing that we have on this board posters like you who claim to be know-alls, who give a 'detailed analysis' with a one-liner like, "You obviously know nothing"!!! Does that hide your utter ignorance of the situation?

I suggest you join an institute like the Institute of Defence Studies and Analysis to get an idea of the politics of war and also get your basics right.

You've got some way to go dude! So if you don't have anything to do, don't do it here!

And since you are a newbie here on ATS, I would like to draw your attention to the Rules and Regulations for this board:

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

We've seen a recent rash of new one-line responses to posts that add nothing to the flow of discussion.

One Line or less Responses or "me too" atta-boy comments contribute nothing to the discussion. Please help us maintain the best discussion board possible by considering your responses in both content and length.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A debate always has two sides. So let's keep the quality of ATS in view before posting, instead of bashing someone with worthless and meaningless one-liners.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

China, with an economy of $2.2 trillion in nominal (not PPP) terms, would have to grow at 12% a year for the next 25 years straight to achieve the same size as the US economy, which is already faster than its current 9-10% rate.

Heres why the US will still be the worlds sole superpower by 2030.
futurist.typepad.com...
I suggest you take the time to read it. Its a good one.

People are just going to have to deal with American supremacy for decades to come. I do see china rising (its part of the pecking order) However chinas growth is unsustainable and with china GDP figures coming under fire for the past few years I dont see china replacing the US anytime soon, if ever. They depend on cheap exports to much. China is a developing nation. And as a developing nation they do tend to see high economic growth.

I see the rise of India and China as a good thing. Though my view on that subject matter differs from the original posters view on it.
futurist.typepad.com...
Read the above link about Economic growth being exponential and accelerating driving the world economy and eventually ridding this world of poverty.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981

What kind of dumb statement is that, "and the sooner, the better"?

I think you honestly need to think about what a world run by the chinese or russians would be like....

I would never want to see that.

They dont have a clue, they dont remember the russians invading their sattelite countries to crush the demonstrations against the soviet government, etc. They think the US is bad? They obviously have no clue at how bad the russians are. They kill big mouths without any hesitation. The "down with our country" crowd would find themselves pulled out of their houses and shot in the back of the head if the russians were running the show.

And vitchilo, do you have any clue as how to economics work? Whast is this economic crash crap?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join