It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginning Of The End Of American Domination! The Rise Of The New Super Powers!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
They dont have a clue, they dont remember the russians invading their sattelite countries to crush the demonstrations against the soviet government, etc. They think the US is bad? They obviously have no clue at how bad the russians are. They kill big mouths without any hesitation. The "down with our country" crowd would find themselves pulled out of their houses and shot in the back of the head if the russians were running the show.

And vitchilo, do you have any clue as how to economics work? Whast is this economic crash crap?

Your on a conspiracy site. My advice to you would be to take everything you read on here with a grain of salt.
Theres all sorts of fruit cakes on here.

the US economic crash isnt anything new. Anti Americans have been having their nightly wet dreams about the very day since americas conception. So its a pipe dream, Americas economy is fine. we just need to get the spending under control and its smooth sailing from here on out.

America's economy continues to expand rapidly, sparking growth and jobs. Meanwhile, in the countries of the European Union, a unified monetary policy hasn't helped individual nations improve their stagnant growth rates.
If France, Italy and Germany were American states, they'd be among the poorest in the union. The French economy would lead only Arkansas, Montana, West Virginia and Mississippi in per capita GDP. Germany would trail all 50 states. German companies are rushing to build cars here (in South Carolina and Alabama) instead of at home. The United States creates more jobs in a month than France or Germany creates in a year.

So it is the stagnate EU economy that I would be more concerned with. Especially when using the words "economic" and "crash".

China's and India's ecomonic growth will stagnate as their economies are too heavily based on depressed labor prices and mass manufacturing. Their current GDP rates are contantly overstated, and their static social structure prohibits economic growth beyond a certain point.

I like Indias chances at superpowerdom more then I do chinas.

CIA predicts EU collapse within 15 years
instapundit.com...
news.scotsman.com...

The report by the intelligence agency, which forecasts how the world will look in 2020, warns that Europe could be dragged into economic decline by its ageing population. It also predicts the end of Nato and post-1945 military alliances.

In a devastating indictment of EU economic prospects, the report warns: "The current EU welfare state is unsustainable and the lack of any economic revitalisation could lead to the splintering or, at worst, disintegration of the EU, undermining its ambitions to play a heavyweight international role."

It adds that the EU’s economic growth rate is dragged down by Germany and its restrictive labour laws. Reforms there - and in France and Italy to lesser extents - remain key to whether the EU as a whole can break out of its "slow-growth pattern". . . .

The report says: "Either European countries adapt their workforces, reform their social welfare, education and tax systems, and accommodate growing immigrant populations [chiefly from Muslim countries] or they face a period of protracted economic stasis."

As a result of the increased immigration needed, the report predicts that Europe’s Muslim population is set to increase from around 13% today to between 22% and 37% of the population by 2025, potentially triggering tensions.

[edit on 012828p://0402am by semperfoo]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
In my opinion a superpower these days only really needs to have a powerful economy, therefore the superpowers would be America, Japan, EU, China and possibly Russia (natural resources). Military means are not always the most effective way to project power.

Look at how Russia is using it's oil resources for political means, or how China is supporting states like North Korea, Zimbabwe, Iran, Venezuela and Cuba by propping up their economies (not so much NK, but China wants it to be unstable to use as a bargaining tool). Also, look at how Japan is bribing poorer countries to vote it's way in the whaling commision. Of course, the US is equally as guilty at using it's economic power to influence the world.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cthulwho
In my opinion a superpower these days only really needs to have a powerful economy, therefore the superpowers would be America, Japan, EU, China and possibly Russia (natural resources). Military means are not always the most effective way to project power.

Look at how Russia is using it's oil resources for political means, or how China is supporting states like North Korea, Zimbabwe, Iran, Venezuela and Cuba by propping up their economies (not so much NK, but China wants it to be unstable to use as a bargaining tool). Also, look at how Japan is bribing poorer countries to vote it's way in the whaling commision. Of course, the US is equally as guilty at using it's economic power to influence the world.

Well I guess its just a matter of opinion. In my opinion Russia never really was a "true" superpower. They were partly a superpower. Not in the same sense as the US was though. The EU and Japan, and china are not "superpowers" either. Atleast not in the true sense of the word "superpower".
Just incase you didnt read the source i posted earlier here it is again.
futurist.typepad.com...
Its a well written article that discusses what a true superpower is. And I pretty much agree with it...

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
... the bottom line is: "It's the OIL, stupid!!!"

Bingo!

We have a winner!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join