It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you die for your beliefs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
No...life isn't something to piss away on an ideal...

C'mon, Gaz... Life is common, it's everywhere, man. UFO believers, of all people, should accept the proliferation of life in the universe as a given. I don't see Life as particularly rare or precious, and it's pissed away every single second of every day by the uninspired and unmotivated masses.

Yes, given what we know to be the potential of our species, it should pain us to find that there are more worthless lives out there than worthwhile. And there is a difference.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/15/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Way I see it, many have died for what we believe in today, so yea I would.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
First of all, we only have one life! And second, risking your life to prove aliens exist is rather silly! There are some brave/foolish(depending on one's views) people who have died trying to get the truth out but what did they really accomplish? Almost NADA/ZILT, other than a small headline in the tabloids stating "his death was suspicious"!

So your answer is # NO!!!!! Either everyone is in the truth deal OR NO DEAL!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Right now I cannot give an answer because I have doubts about the
answer I am to give. So...cast aside your doubts and answer in faith?
If that's the case than it's up to God to ask it.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Firestorm]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
the sneakoid,

Are you simply asking if a person would die for their beliefs in any case....or strictly UFO/Aliens???

That type of conviction changes depending on the perceived severity of the subject don't you think......i mean really, how important something is to you that you could not/would not want to go against your beliefs is what it boils down to.

Peace, Mondo

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think the question goes both ways. In one way it can be looked at as a universal question and in the other dealing with aliens. However this is certainly not an easy one to answer with a simple yes or no. The problem here is that we are not properly equipped to answer this question that we are imperfect. If the question itself is perfect than only a perfect person can answer a perfect question........perfectly.
If on the other hand the question is imperfect than naturally you will get imperfect answers of yes and no...

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Firestorm]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
One of the strongest beliefs I hold, nearest to my heart, is to never, ever die for my beliefs.

Die for your beliefs and you don't have anymore beliefs. What's the point?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I would never die just to prove that aliens exist. I could be 100 percent sure of my self and still know that life is more important than aliens. So no, I would never give my life for that!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The question whether or not i would willingly die for a belief, needs clarity.
- Would i die for my Religious beliefs?
- Would i die for my belief in freedom and equality?
- Would i die because i believe i should protect my home?
- Would i die because of Aliens/UFO?

Firstly, its not a question of death, its a question of fighting for a belief knowing you may die.

1) I would NOT die for a Religious belief. fullstop
2) Would i die for my country? Depends on the circumstances. Threat of War, yes. Threat of terrorism, yes. Only something that 'might' harm my family, friends and damage my home - i would fight on such a level and may expect to be killed.
3) I would fight and die to protect my belief of freedom and equality, yes. Because those who are lucky enough to live where you are free and equal, will also do the same, because everyone has a mother, father, friends, children and loved ones - any threat to this, will trigger a very hard response.
4) Would i die because evidence supporting Aliens/UFO as logical is presented to me - my whole understanding of existence is turned upside down and somehow ill re-spawn, float around in a lower dimension and realize life was simply the womb/egg before the 'true' existence.
NO WAY, because a) the words of another person can be clouded by confusion, an over-imagination, false details, agenda driven, simply made up or thought as fact due to mental issues. b) Images only if presented by credible known sources, the media, the Gov or a close friend would be considered evidence c) If correct, death would be a confused cowards way out, someone looking for quick answers d) Why would i die for something outside my here and now environment? Its not present in any form around me and my curiosity into the subject is not a valid reason.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Well would you?

If, lets say the answer to the big question(whether they are actually here or not)was on the back of a card, would you honestly stake your life on the belief
that you think you know its true? You would obviously have to die if you were wrong, so would you risk it?

I'd bet there's not one person alive that would do it.

I think this question only applies to the stout believers.

What if DEATH is merely an illusion created at the hands of greedy power hungry MEN who wanted nothing more than to wield COMPLETE and UTTER control over mankind?

What if ALPHA and OMEGA is not some "mystical magical story based upon fiction" but, rather, applies to YOU, to ME, to ALL of Humanity?

I mean... can ATS wrap its SCI FI Mind around THAT? And would that NOT alter even the simplest man's opinion and belief about the very nature of your question?

SPstickin'awrench *evilgrin*

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join