It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really need all these camera's that keep poping up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Every day I hear on tv, read in newspapers about they are installing a camera here or there.

WTF, when did our elected official decide that we should live in a police state.

There on the roads, in stores, pretty soon they will trying a put them in our homes, what gives.

Hell the UK already has more survelance camera's than anyone else dreamed up in the Paranoid stories.

Well maybe I'm wrong maybe its ok, for me to lose my privacy, as long as they can catch someone doing 66 in a 65.

Or jaywalking, spiting on the sidewalk.

What do you think?

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hell no we don't need more camera's up, and the traffic camera's up should come down, that is just unfair, this is NOT 1984.
People in the US and UK always want to put up cameras for traffic citations why won't these same people put them where they matter, the streets of Baghdad. The answer is because it is all about money, and our government will do whatever they can do to get in your pocket. If our Miliatary was smart that's what they should be doing, but no one listens to me.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Low Orbit]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Its too late. Once a policy like this has been started it'll never stop. Social Security was supposed to be temporary. The entire system of federal aid was supposed to be temporary. The vast majority of our taxes, if legal at all, were supposed to be temporary. Its a wonder at all that the assault weapons ban was allowed to expire. I promise the next one to pass will not expire. Parts of the Patriot Act may expire but parts of it wont. All the cameras that have come up will stay up unless they can be replaced with something more efficient. All of our self-spying via YouTube MySpace and the like will never stop. The governments eyes are all over us and our eyes are all over each other. and we asked for it by being dependant on the state and not taking our own lives into our own hands. Its our own fault for not wanting the responsability that comes with real freedom. And itll never stop.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Why don't more of you care that we are giving away our rights to privacy each and every day

Pretty soon we will be just like our big brother England and have 3 billion camera's just in DC.

Come on don't any of you care???????????????????????

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hi Royal, Dont you realise the cameras are ther for your own good, think of all the crims that will be caught and lets face it if your a law abiding citizen you have nothing to worry about. You have Patriot 1 & 2 so this is just an extension of that policy, next step is the micro chip in your head and the bar code on your arm, no need for money or passports and all that, women wont need handbags anymore, its a beautiful future you know.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well I think some cameras can be a good thing.

I'm all for cameras in stores, banks, stop lights and stuff.

However, beyond that, I really don't think they need them.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
They want a camera everywhere like England. Where you could with enough people follow a person everymove outside their homes.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
A couple weeks ago on Americas Most Wanted they had a story about a "random" shooting where cameras on parking garages, stop lights, banks and other buildings were able to track the shooter for a few blocks. The cameras caught him getting off of a bus, shooting the woman and then running.

They caught the guy.

I love watching AMW but when they broadcast stories about the wonderful benefits of a big brother society and the horrible evils of guns I get sick to my stomach. For the most part the people watching this show are overly paranoid anyway.

I just thought this episode of AMW was a nice illustration of the coming big brother and how we'll all be tricked into embracing it.

As soon as one guy says "I have no problem with them at streetlights" its all over. The government has never blocked itself from riding the slippery slope.

new topics

top topics

join