It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many hoaxes have been done on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The internet has resulted in not only more people gathering to discuss Conspiracy's it has also resulted in making a mockery of them.

The main stream media is still the best place for research.There are still professions willing to uncover truths.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I don't do hoaxes on ATS-- I make comments based off of my personal opinions of world events, I quote reputable sources, and I also make sure that I don't post made up stuff.

I could go on and on about the lists of hoaxes I have seen on ATS, but I choose not to.

I'm a realist, and I don't believe in fantasy stuff.

I really like conspiracy theorist when they have lots of facts and evidence plus, I have my own conspiracy theories, but I have seen a number of hoaxes on ATS.

The hoaxes involve Aliens, UFOs, Reptilians, the Larceta files, and the Iranian-US-Israel Conflict. I have seen many reports that are true, but I'd like to see more reputable sources being posted on ATS.

Some of the stuff I see on ATS is blatant opinions.

Can mods please be more strict about hoaxes on ATS by making it harder for them to increase the amount of hoaxes on this site by requiring a substantial amount of evidence before they make extraordinary claims on ATS?

I've been on ATS often since 06, and some of the posts are just flabergasting.

I just mean the posts on the Alien/UFO forum that are there.

I just thought that I'd ask how often this happens. I don't like false info and stories being posted as facts and I see that very often on the Alien/UFO forum, because I believe that a lot of that stuff about aliens is disinfo and misinformation.

every reply is an opinion. if you want someone to give you straight out facts, buy books on the subject you want to talk about. a discussion board is just that, a discussion board.

if you are an adult you should be have your own mindset by now, and make your own opinions on subjects. this is a conspiracy board, you are never gonna get geezers that all agree with you.

if you don't believe in fantasy stuff, then you have no imagination, and musn't be able to think about thinks that are not given to you. every one has an imagination, and its natural and good for you.

bottom line if you do not like people writing about this stuff, there are boards out there that oinly want threads based on fact, all you have to do is look in google. most here like the way it is, and that is why it is the way it is, and that fact makes ats one of the biggest conspiracy forums on the net.

all of a sudden we are gettin all these, i do not like this and that about the board. fine then don't read the threads that you think may be fantasy.

on hoaxes, they are not generally a bad thing, it helps us to come to the real stories on these boards. when i see people come here and make up this big hoax thread, they are usually found out quite quick. but hoaxes are not generally a bad thing.

[edit on 2/14/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I don't do hoaxes on ATS-- I make comments based off of my personal opinions of world events, I quote reputable sources, and I also make sure that I don't post made up stuff.

I could go on and on about the lists of hoaxes I have seen on ATS, but I choose not to.

I'm a realist, and I don't believe in fantasy stuff.

I really like conspiracy theorist when they have lots of facts and evidence plus, I have my own conspiracy theories, but I have seen a number of hoaxes on ATS.

The hoaxes involve Aliens, UFOs, Reptilians, the Larceta files, and the Iranian-US-Israel Conflict. I have seen many reports that are true, but I'd like to see more reputable sources being posted on ATS.

Some of the stuff I see on ATS is blatant opinions.

Can mods please be more strict about hoaxes on ATS by making it harder for them to increase the amount of hoaxes on this site by requiring a substantial amount of evidence before they make extraordinary claims on ATS?

I've been on ATS often since 06, and some of the posts are just flabergasting.

I just mean the posts on the Alien/UFO forum that are there.

I just thought that I'd ask how often this happens. I don't like false info and stories being posted as facts and I see that very often on the Alien/UFO forum, because I believe that a lot of that stuff about aliens is disinfo and misinformation.

every reply is an opinion. if you want someone to give you straight out facts, buy books on the subject you want to talk about. a discussion board is just that, a discussion board.

if you are an adult you should be have your own mindset by now, and make your own opinions on subjects. this is a conspiracy board, you are never gonna get geezers that all agree with you.

if you don't believe in fantasy stuff, then you have no imagination, and musn't be able to think about thinks that are not given to you. every one has an imagination, and its natural and good for you.

bottom line if you do not like people writing about this stuff, there are boards out there that oinly want threads based on fact, all you have to do is look in google. most here like the way it is, and that is why it is the way it is, and that fact makes ats one of the biggest conspiracy forums on the net.

all of a sudden we are gettin all these, i do not like this and that about the board. fine then don't read the threads that you think may be fantasy.

on hoaxes, they are not generally a bad thing, it helps us to come to the real stories on these boards. when i see people come here and make up this big hoax thread, they are usually found out quite quick. but hoaxes are not generally a bad thing.

[edit on 2/14/2007 by andy1033]

What the ei? I just don't like stuff that is made-belief! I come here to find real facts to back up my conspiracy theories, not stuff about UFO encounters that never happens. The fact is that most UFO encounters are happening. when your body is in a trance. I like ATS, and I am a fond poster here, and I like fantasy, but I can grasp the difference between reality and fantasy and when something is so completely incoherent that I cannot understand that and if you cannot accept the fact that I feel that way then you can get out of my topics or just go somewhere else, cause I am going to be here.

I have mentioned lots of hoaxes, but there are real conspiracy theories and I have imagination for that, but if you are going to mock me by having my beliefs of something being wrong, then reconsider this, that just because you are a conspiracy theorist does not mean that you have to like all of them. I disagree with some, and I believe that there are so many hoaxes about aliens and ufos, and about the Iran-US-Israel Conflict that ATS should take notice of what sources people use when they back up their information. DO you want to have just conspiracy theories or would you like to have reputable information that cannot be denied with your theories or propaganda that is posted as facts?

[edit on 14-2-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaverickhunterWow. They need to read up on grammar. I don't generally associate with those people and these type of people need professional help. There should be a forum on ATS where people with psychiatric knowledge can help those who need professional help, where they can help them with their problems. I think that would help a little bit.

Great idea!

Only problem, those most in need are those to least admit it.

But a crash course on how to write up a readable post would be appropriate.

I see too many people using all lower case throughout a post and quite a few are consequently avoiding spacing after punctuations. If you stick to the normal rules of English grammar, your post would be more worth reading.

As for hoaxes. Well, some nut cases are bound to get attracted to a board like ATS. Unavoidable. They'll roam in the UFO forums generally, but also in CT you see them come up with the most really redicual claims. Some shouldn't be allowed to make a post, if you ask me.

As example: In connection with Steve Irwins death, someone came up with a conspiracy between Christian and Muslim fundamentalist to silence him, because he wasn't in harmony with creationist thinking. Well, that's not a hoax, but is it a theory worthy being posted? Either the poster is after attention, a bit to a side or trying to make a joke, I can't tell.

I'm well aware, trying to moderate the quality of CTs easily could slip into censorship, so What to do I don't know. Except ignore them, let them get tired by no attention.

(edit ...hrm... grammar)

[edit on 15-2-2007 by khunmoon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join