It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After The Lies Told To Justify Iraq War, Do You Trust The US Government's Accusations Against Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I voted for Bush and supported his decision to pre-emptively invade Iraq after his administration told me that there were Saddam / Al-Qaeda connections and that Saddam had WMD's.

However I no longer support Mr. Bush because, besides the war being a complete disaster, I feel he lied to us to start a war with Iraq which has cost 1/2 trillion dollars, left thousands of Americans dead and tens of thousands of Iraqis dead.

It's becoming more and more evident that, at best, the US government ignored, and at worst, outright lied to the citizens of the United States and the world about Iraq/Al Qaeda connections and Saddam's WMD's:

Senate: No Prewar Saddam-al-Qaida Ties

Inspector general: Pentagon manipulated prewar intel

Report: No WMD stockpiles in Iraq

Mr. Bush now seems intent on attacking Iran and similar rhetoric is spewing about Iran aiding terrorists in Iraq:

Target Tehran: Washington sets stage for a new confrontation

Even though there are already questions regarding the validity of those statements:

Bush's New Iran Policy - No Evidence for IED Charge

I don't feel this administration can be trusted. I feel hard, factual evidence must be shown before we even think about attacking another country. And unfortunately, with their track record, I don't feel anything they say can be trusted.

I don't want (or think we can afford) to attack another country based on accusations only to find again, after months of investigating, thousands more dead, millions more spent, etc. that we were lied to... again.

How do you feel? Do you trust anything this government says anymore? Would you support an invasion of Iran if you were told they are aiding terrorists?

Ten Appalling Lies We Were Told About Iraq

How Bush Justified A War With Lies

[edit on 12-2-2007 by mecheng]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've never been a big fan of Bush, but I believed it when he and others in the government told us that Iraq had WMD's. I would never have thought in a million years that our government would lie to us about something that could get thousands of innocent people killed, the smaller stuff yes bet not something that important.

After everything that's happened in our country over the last six years, I don't trust a word that comes out of Bush's mouth. He could tell me the sky was blue and the grass was green and I'd still want proof. IMHO, I think that the war in Iraq was for oil and to finish what his daddy started. I'm not sure why he's wanting to go to Iran yet, but I'm positive it won't have anything to do with terrorists or Al Qaeda.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I never supported it in the first place, knew he was a liar, already hated his guts, never voted for him, knew he and others were lying through their teeth every single day on more than Iraq. This is where I can proudly say: I told you so.
Iran: they are liars, Iran has been threatened and they are acting accordingly, who wouldnt? Remember they are on the "Axis of Evil" list and they are going down the list rather quickly, and now hype is going against Iran. Always remember though that big brother can change his face to a him/her and give you the same tripe only add different colours and flavors to it so you will buy it. Next time it might be a democrat who feeds you the lies.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, not a #ing chance!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I was a mixture of scared and angry after 9/11. I was all for the wars. I mistook the leadership.

What woke me up was seeing the government reaction to Hurricane Katrina. Whether incompetent or purposeful, the government reaction killed people who could have been saved had it been done right. They could not be trusted.

Before Katrina I ignored people like those wanting an investigation into 9/11. Afterwards, I started to listen with an open mind and look into what they were saying. Then I started to wonder about that e-mail account that was deleted suddenly on me after 9/11.

You see, prior to 9/11, around first part of that month, a man I had corresponded with in Pakistan sent me along with everyone else in his address book an email badmouthing the U.S. and their role in the Israel/Palestine conflict and that the US would get a wake up call soon. I thought he had just gotten drunk or something because it didn't sound like him. I had been communicating with him for around 2 years at the time. I replied to him asking what was wrong, thinking he needed a friend to talk to. He replied calling me all sorts of names because I am a Jew and it really made me very sad/depressed and I cried because I cared about him. After 9/11, I e-mailed him asking if that was what he meant, and his email address was bouncing/no longer valid (His email provider was weird abudhabitrip.co.ae ). I posted about it on a website message board I used to post on and someone there gave me an email address which was supposed to be fore the FBI. I forwarded the email to the email address I was given, explaining how I got the email. Within a couple days my email account was zapped and I could no longer log in. I was so mad at the email provider thinking how could they just delete my account like that with no warning. I was using the email account for my ebay transactions and had to change my email addy really quick on ebay so my buyers could contact me. There were important emails regarding ebay transactions that were lost. Almost all of my correspondance with JZ were gone too. I never made a connection between my forwarding the email to the FBI and my account deletion before I started doubting the official 9/11 story. I will probably never know what really went on, and I am not sure I would ever want to know either. At the same time, not knowing isn't good either.

I sometimes talk to people in Iran. The citizens there are scared of the United States attacking their country. I feel really scared for them too. And I feel helpless to fix the situation since Bush will do whatever he wants to do.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Pakistan has nuclear weapons. But nobody cares, look how "safe and peaceful" Pakistan is :
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

I suspect that the coup that brought Musharaf to power in Pakistan was backed by the CIA, that is why he is so friendly with everybody, especialy to the US

[edit on 12-2-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Considering that pre-war intelligence was supplied by:

France
Russia
Germany
Britian
and the US

All the above sources said Saddam/Iraq had WMD's

to say that Bush lied is wrong.

All the world's intelligence agencies failed, so get over it and stop blaming just the US.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Considering that pre-war intelligence was supplied by:

France
Russia
Germany
Britian
and the US

All the above sources said Saddam/Iraq had WMD's

That makes everything ok?

to say that Bush lied is wrong.

Bush did lie. So did Cheney.

All the world's intelligence agencies failed, so get over it and stop blaming just the US.

The way you word this makes it seem like we should just give them all a free pass. Just keep sending in more and more troops and spend billions more. After all, it was an honest mistake! What a crock!

Regardless, now Bush seems intent on attacking Iraq. After all the BS we were fed (whether you want to blame other countries as well is up to you) are you willing to give Bush the green light to pre-emptively invade Iran based on more, possibly just as faulty intelligence? Do you still have that much faith in his judgement or in his sources of intelligence?

top topics

join