It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer noise only when surfing controversial subjects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I tried to find a technical term looking for what I could think of that I was hearing.. Maybe I’ll record the sound next time I hear it and post it up, but it is a distinct ch.. Ch .. Ch or something like that ….. It has happened at no other time of using the computer except searching controversial subjects or after I was on websites owned by the CIA or searching the CIA web site etc ….

I know It’s pretty much impossible to block someone from spying on you since I am aware of the array of technology out there, but the more we do as a whole the more work we make them do that harder it is for Big Brother to surveillance us all the more each of us take measures for our privacy , so I was wondering if any of you are familiar with what I am talking about and if you have any idea to prevent it or at least make it more difficult on intruders… The only thing that has worked so far is unplugging my internet…..

Next time I do any controversial research which might not be a while I will have the recorder near by so I can have you guys listen to it and let me know what you think.. Or if you have heard it before. Sometimes the ch .. Ch .. Ch are close together or very spread apart and random…. As I have written this it now has stopped…. And it usually subsides after I stop doing the controversial research and when doing typical surfing for normal subjects it dose not happen.. I might suspect it is some sort of automated system for gather information form you computer …. I don’t’ know what’s with the little notice though…. Or maybe it is a actual person….Though I have a hard time imagining the government could afford that many individuals to monitor everyone searching controversial subjects.. So logically I might be more likely as automated system of sorts???

I’m not sure if this is it but I did find something termed : “Internet background noise”

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_background_noise

Any help would be appreciated

Also interesting reading the topics on privacy and all the activist groups and you can see the actual legislation going on present time in regards to civil rights and privacy etc etc:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
i used to get that years ago, when i first got the internet. sort of churping noises, like birds. i had to always turn the speakers of. you never know what it means, or it could be just to annoy.

if its like a churping repeating noise, i know what your talking about, but if its not, why don't you record the sound, and put it up so we can hear.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Where´s the noise coming from?
Screen, Speakers or the main computer.

My speakers pick up Arabic radio sometimes. You can imagine my suprise upon hearing a noisy static Arabic transmission in the middle of the night. I remember thinking "I was wrong ! The Terrorists are really coming!"

Sometimes I wonder if its really such a great idea to spend several hours each day in this electric clogg-field that my computer room has become

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thats a bit creepy, I would be unnerved by that...

I'll be waiting until you get the audio.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have had odd noises come through my speakers as well. It kind of reminds me of an 80s arcade game sound. d--d-dd-d-dd (pronounce the d's, 2 dashes, long pause, 1 dash, short pause, no dash, no pause - this kind of gives your the tune) The noise was really short.

I don't think I have heard the noise really recently, but before I reformatted my computer I heard it a good bit.

Not sure what it means. Unless it was just some piece of software telling me something. I don't recall any visual warning that came along with it though.

Troy

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
d--d-dd-d-dd (pronounce the d's, 2 dashes, long pause, 1 dash, short pause, no dash, no pause - this kind of gives your the tune) The noise was really short.

You don't happen to have a mobile phone around, do you?

I get that all the time...I think it's the phone 'talking' to the network. It comes through my subwoofer in the living room and the PC speakers if they're on. It goes nuts just before a call comes in.

At least that's what I think it is.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If the sound is coming from inside the computer then it's your hard drive. I can tell whenever my roomate's computer uses virtual memory because his drive is old and loud as hell. Try going to a web page that is not conspiracy related but has lots of moving graphics and charts, anything that would be memory intensive and see if you hear it then.

Vas

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think I know what he's talking about, while visiting this site in college the motherboard starting bleeping, the churping sound as described earlier.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There are mobile phones, but one isn't in use, and the other is rarely on.

The sound definitely comes through the speakers.

Troy

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That's odd indeed. I noticed this sort of thing a long time ago - the speakers go haywire whenever the CD-ROM drive is ejecting or playing a CD, or when you scroll webpages up and down in your browser. The tone varies with the brightness of the screen sometimes, when I move the mouse or press a key. They're probably just interferences, I thought; but they obviously appear inside the computer b/c my other computer with a music soundcard (not those cheap onboard soundchips) doesn't have it.

Couldn't resist, just made a test with the speaker volume up. And when I say up, I mean UP.

CD-ROM drive tray open/close: noise begins to "stutter".
Screen bright: tone up.
Screen dark: tone down.
Keystroke: klick! (wireless keyboard, though)
Mouse / mousewheel movement: klick! (mouse with wire)

So these soundcards probably pick up anything, why not your DRM chip kicking into action when you browse suspicous sites, reporting to its master? ;-)

j/k. Please provide us with a few samples, if it really occurs only when you're viewing a certain type of information, I would call that a phenomenon worth some research :-)

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i find you get noises if your computer is getting spyware programmes installed without knowing or some virus. Check the hardrive light if it flickers then something is slowing your computer down. Worse scenario is hackers or government or police checks, they could be just passing by maybe a weired popup that is illegal caught their attention who knows. But try adware.com and download to clean your system.

Also press start-go to RUN- and type- chkdsk utility and it will check the computer out for you.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't know. We'll see if the sound returns.

Troy

top topics

join