It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Feb UFO Footage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This is other boards if you not seen this yet then watch it.

www.metacafe.com...#

[Mod Edit: All Caps title]
Mod Edit: The use of All-Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Interesting. Not sure what is going on there but i'm sure you will get a mountain of explanations, weather balloon, Venus etc etc. Good find though, i'm in Edinburgh and it's nice to see there is activity here as well as the rest of the world!!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
intresting, i had a look at the footage, doesnt seem convicing, to dark, not long enough etc etc. i posted a comment on metacafe to the user, hopefully he will answer my questions (hopefully the metacafe user who posted this video is the original person who filmed the sighting) This is what i said

'no but really this is nice footage mate, although it isreally hard to tell what the object is. I am not from Birkenside so my geography knowledge of the surrounding areas is not up to scratch, so i cant give u a detailed anylisation of the video. Could you be abit more specific on the weather conditions, are there any surrounding hillsides? did you report this to any local ufo org or here of any other people reporting this sighting? Can you please upload the whole 5 min unedited version on youtube, or meta so a better anylisation of the video can be done. This would be great! thanks
replyby gtirlad, 12th, February
1 comments

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
thai lanterns?

(i.e. paper things with fire to heat them)

link

[edit: fixed long link]

[edit on 12-2-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Here are some videos on thai lanters, and how they can be easily mistaken for ufo's, you can imagine what these would look like from a very far distance high up in altitute (these go pretty high)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nasashuttle
This is other boards if you not seen this yet then watch it.

www.metacafe.com...#

[Mod Edit: All Caps title]
Mod Edit: The use of All-Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by sanctum]

I'll ask the obvious question - Venus is in the West/Northwest in the early evening and is very bright. Where was this object with respect to Venus?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
how can you see the movement, the shapes and the material that low - fairly asymmetric in shape and claim that its venus ??

all of the footage is going to be uploaded so that folks can see this low flying planet for themselves ... its clearly not a sphere of any sort.

or lantern
or modern art
or jupiter
or an atmospheric lense/ temperatureinversion
or swamp gas

we need to move away from this sort of pseudo rationalism
and start asking questions about where who and when NOT IF

are we being closed out by our own government ?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
erm well... I thought it was the moon ... I mean the video was so shaky, it might have been some idiot in the distance with a flash light *shrug* I dunno.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

how can you see the movement, the shapes and the material that low - fairly asymmetric in shape and claim that its venus ??

all of the footage is going to be uploaded so that folks can see this low flying planet for themselves ... its clearly not a sphere of any sort.

or lantern
or modern art
or jupiter
or an atmospheric lense/ temperatureinversion
or swamp gas

we need to move away from this sort of pseudo rationalism
and start asking questions about where who and when NOT IF

are we being closed out by our own government ?

I ask the question because it does look like an amateur video of Venus to me. Can you point out movement that can't be attributed to camera movement, or apparent shapes that can't be attributed to focusing issues?

We could rule this out right away if the videographer had panned over to Venus and said - "this is Venus over here. It is NOT the object of interest." Instead we are told he saw a bright light in West/Northwest, but doesn't mention Venus.

No evidence of ANYTHING can be taken seriously without "bending over backwards" (Feynman's phrase) to rule out alternate explanations. Please read:

wwwcdf.pd.infn.it...

From the speech:

Details that could throw doubt on your interpretation must be given, if you know them. You must do the best you can -- if you know anything at all wrong, or possibly wrong -- to explain it. If you make a theory, for example, and advertise it, or put it out, then you must also put down all the facts that disagree with it, as well as those that agree with it.

Following this principle will save everyone a lot of time, energy and emotion.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by disownedsky]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Replaced 'code' tags with 'ex' tags

[edit on 12/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The object in the video (whatever it is) does not appear to move at all to me. When its zoomed its its just the camera shaking. When the person zooms out and the object appearts to move so does the light at the bottom which I assume is a house.

Interesting video but not absolute proof...Im not saying its not a UFO it just doesn't appear to be one to me, but I also can't tell you what it is for sure so who knows.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ehmm, it doesnt seem too sensational to me. It is not moving and it is a star, not Venus. I think it a color changing star (a star, which seems so because of atmospheric conditions), which sometimes may seem very bright.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by manastin]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The Moon ? How can you mistake for the moon? I don't remember the moon flashing from one color to another in a split second. Anyway that reminds me of the Lake Eerie lights...could be similar. Otherwise, whatever it is, it is not the moon. IMO it is not of known human intelligence.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Have a CLOSE (pause, or whatever works for you) look at the object when he zooms back in from far away, at around the 47-48 second mark.

Its BLATENTLY the shape of a chinese latern, not saying that UFOs cant look like laterns, but if they do, then THIS one does.

And this isnt comming from a sceptic, i LOVE UFOs, 2012, conspiracies etc.

This one just ain't doing it for me,... a VERY latern like UFO.

But thats just my opinion

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Wow

A speck of light in the sky. I'm truely amazed

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The light is probably not flashing or changing color or changing size. It is probably the zoom on the video camera causing the light to look like it is "twinkling." It is an effect of zooming in on any light with a video camera. It is some type of camera (optical) distortion - how the camera sees, defines and focuses on light. I do not know the technical name but I am sure it can be found with a google search.

As for the light itself. I am not sure how you can come any conclusion. It is a dot in the sky.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Here is one taken four days before this is only a few secs.
www.metacafe.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Here is one taken four days before this is only a few secs.
www.metacafe.com...

The note on the video states:

UFObject was heading stright west from east at around 7.20pm 7 feb 2007 we filmed this only for a few secs before it went out of sight and in to cloud cover.

How much did you observe the object move and over what period of time?

Where was Venus relative to this object?

Note how the lights on the ground go out of focus and shift color as the camera zooms.

`````````````````````````
replaced 'code' tags with 'ex' tags

[edit on 12/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gtirlad

'no but really this is nice footage mate, although it isreally hard to tell what the object is. I am not from Birkenside so my geography knowledge of the surrounding areas is not up to scratch, so i cant give u a detailed anylisation of the video. Could you be abit more specific on the weather conditions, are there any surrounding hillsides? did you report this to any local ufo org or here of any other people reporting this sighting? Can you please upload the whole 5 min unedited version on youtube, or meta so a better anylisation of the video can be done. This would be great! thanks
replyby gtirlad, 12th, February
1 comments

Ahhh but you left out your first line my friend,
something about affirmative to all Mothers and truckers????

That was hilarious man, however especially with the background synth music going and a hovering object, I am inclined to say, "So what"???

Maybe I did not view long enough but there is really nada to look at that I can see.
Is there a different link than the metacafe link that shows something more???

Peace, Mondo

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
The Moon ? How can you mistake for the moon? I don't remember the moon flashing from one color to another in a split second. Anyway that reminds me of the Lake Eerie lights...could be similar. Otherwise, whatever it is, it is not the moon. IMO it is not of known human intelligence.

the main reason it can't be the moon is the moon was waning on 11 February (and still is), and wouldn't have even been up at the time, much less in the West.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I can't really tell at all. The object seems quite stationary, but that doesn't mean it isn't a UFO.

With some footage it's really hard to say yes or no.

Troy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join