It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Want To Start A Secret Society?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
With the number of societies, orders, and fraternities ("secret" or not), I would think it would be very difficult to create a new one which does not use, borrow, or be influenced by current organizations and their goals and ritual.

You would have to have good organizational skills, and inventive mind, and several (many?) like-minded persons to get the thing off to a successful start.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
With the number of societies, orders, and fraternities ("secret" or not), I would think it would be very difficult to create a new one which does not use, borrow, or be influenced by current organizations and their goals and ritual.

You would have to have good organizational skills, and inventive mind, and several (many?) like-minded persons to get the thing off to a successful start.

There is a very big point to what you just said and in examining the book, I found that a large percentage of the Secret Societies do tend to borrow ideas from each other.

This is like a fast food franchise where the concepts are basically the same thing, it's just the names and a few of their rituals which are different or their mission statement's align differently. One must remember, building something "new" doesn't necessarily have to be "new" just that the appearance of it being "new and improved" is what needs to seen through the use of perception to the people it is being "sold" to mentally.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I would like to thank all the people who have commented on this thread so far. There are quite a few curious people out there who want to know more about "Secret Societies" and how they work.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What good is a secret if you can't tell anyone?? That is the reason none of these secret societies really work..........its like the perfect crime, the person who commits the perfect crime has to tell someone so they will know how perfect it was.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
love the avatar king, can't wait for 3 to come out

anyway, I had a secret society, we played "rune quest" in the 80's

my point is, without political and economic influence among your membership, what is the point, excpet for dressing up and having rituals ?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I always thought of getting together with some friends and pooling our resources to build a clubhouse. The clubhouse be a place were we can watch sports, drink, shoot pool and not have our girlfriends or wives nagging at us. It would not necessarily be secret, but I could imagine saying we were a secret society just so wives and girlfriends would be kept from infiltrating the clubhouse.

Come to think of it, that is probaby how the masons, elks, etc. were started originally.

I always thought of getting together with a bunch of women, pooling our resources to build a Super Sekret clubhouse. It would be a place where we could drink, smoke pot, have Botox parties, eat snacks, have the Chippendales dancers entertain us then bitch about how lousy our boyfriends, husbands or lack thereof are. It would have to be Sekret because we wouldn't want the men to infiltrate while we plotted how to catch the guys who are cheating, how we were going to steal all of their money and who we would like to have an affair with and how to accomplish our goals.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jillian_Bacardi

I always thought of getting together with some friends and pooling our resources to build a clubhouse. The clubhouse be a place were we can watch sports, drink, shoot pool and not have our girlfriends or wives nagging at us. It would not necessarily be secret, but I could imagine saying we were a secret society just so wives and girlfriends would be kept from infiltrating the clubhouse.

Come to think of it, that is probaby how the masons, elks, etc. were started originally.

I always thought of getting together with a bunch of women, pooling our resources to build a Super Sekret clubhouse. It would be a place where we could drink, smoke pot, have Botox parties, eat snacks, have the Chippendales dancers entertain us then bitch about how lousy our boyfriends, husbands or lack thereof are. It would have to be Sekret because we wouldn't want the men to infiltrate while we plotted how to catch the guys who are cheating, how we were going to steal all of their money and who we would like to have an affair with and how to accomplish our goals.

LOL. Well, I'm glad someone is having fun with this thread. In My opinion a secret society is a place where you keep things to yourself amongst a group of people. There is no such thing as a perfect crime, unless you know how to keep your mouth shut. Being a braggart about it is totally stupid, if you have to brag then you are weak minded.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hey Spartan. I mentioned to you how I joined a frat recently and I noticed that its all in what you put in. but I was thinking.

back when I was in public school we had one of four house leagues that everyone belonged too. I was thinking that things would be better in society if the fraternity system was expanded to include everybody. I think it would be a good idea. There would be many many fraternities but all in all I think it would be a good improvement.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jotfish
Hey Spartan. I mentioned to you how I joined a frat recently and I noticed that its all in what you put in. but I was thinking.

back when I was in public school we had one of four house leagues that everyone belonged too. I was thinking that things would be better in society if the fraternity system was expanded to include everybody. I think it would be a good idea. There would be many many fraternities but all in all I think it would be a good improvement.

You've got a very good point. My only problem with fraternities or soroities is that they exclude people, very often for stupid reasons, or just to be "exclusive" in order to be snobish.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Originally posted by Jillian_Bacardi

LOL. Well, I'm glad someone is having fun with this thread. In My opinion a secret society is a place where you keep things to yourself amongst a group of people. There is no such thing as a perfect crime, unless you know how to keep your mouth shut. Being a braggart about it is totally stupid, if you have to brag then you are weak minded.

No kidding. I think some of these Sekret Societies are a joke, what is the real purpose?? Since we know a lot about some of the so-called secret societies............how much of a secret is it?

btw...........in my "Sekret" club............we would have guest speakers every month and they should serve several purposes. For example, a pole-dancing instructor. It would be informative, good exercise, keep marriages interesting and for the single gals it would be a good way to meet guys. They could go over to the local fire station, tell the firefighters they are taking dancing lessons and they need a pole to practice on. I'm sure the guys would be very helpful with pointing out form and technique.............and you just might get a date if you are good!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cug

I re-read this post after months of it sitting and collecting dust. I thought about it for a second and I see the "control mechanism" you are under, Cug. You stated you are oath-bound and that is a form of a "control mechanism." Before you say it's not, think about it for a moment. You made an oath of allegiance to uphold the secrets or beliefs, or whatever you might have speficially said.

Yes, you can break that oath but in doing so you step out from the "control mechanism." I only originally began this thread with the hopes onf enlightening people into seeing how they too, can start their own "Secret Society."

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I was dusting off some of My threads and felt this one could use to kick in the behind. Also the link originally given no longer works, but here's a direct one to Amazon UK.

How to Start Your Own Secret Society

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

the link doesn't work for me mam i being dumb?
www.mynetwork-x.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join