It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Want To Start A Secret Society?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well, I found this book on Amazon in the UK and then I bought it and read it, and it explains the whole process of how to start a secret society. Check it out and maybe you can start your own secret society. This book breaks down all the secret societies inner workings and the control mechnisms that give them their hold on the powerful reins through the ignorance of the masses. If you know how to do the magic, then the magic holds no power over you.

www.mynetwork-x.com...

By breaking down the secret society to better understand it the intelligence is better amplified and the control collar is taken off the slave, called societies ignorance of the men who hold the power.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm going to buy that book, just for fecal matter and giggles.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What would you have as your initiation ritual for your secret society?

Cug

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
This book breaks down all the secret societies inner workings and the control mechnisms that give them their hold on the powerful reins through the ignorance of the masses.

Could you give an example of a control mechanism?

Originally posted by Nygdan

That's easy. A dramatic recreation of your founding myth.

Flying Spaghetti Monster destroying the 3 meatballs for example. Be sure to also explain the morals, or lessons it is supposed to teach.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I recall that there is one secret society where there is a ritual where at the height of the drama, the hierophant is presented a mirror and told to look at it to reveal his self, meanwhile behind him another guy holds up a grotesque masque, everything is angled so that he unexpectedly sees that as his face.

I allways thought it'd be real intersting to have an initiate be given a task/puzzle, they'd be given a 'special' box which is really a light tight box with a single peice of film in it that has a partial image already exposed, this serves as the masque. They learn the lessons of geometry to set up the shot, take the photo of themselves, and then have to follow the alchemical process of developing the film, only to reveal the 'true' shocking self at the end.

But you're right it'd definitly have to be worked up as the founding myth.

ANd of course, the later rituals will say 'mwa haha, the initial ritual was all fake, this is the real one, and we are eeeeviiiiillll'.

Cug

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I recall that there is one secret society where there is a ritual where at the height of the drama, the hierophant is presented a mirror and told to look at it to reveal his self, meanwhile behind him another guy holds up a grotesque masque, everything is angled so that he unexpectedly sees that as his face.

That's the reason many initiation are secret. for example the O.T.O. uses some things meant to surprise the person being initiated. (That I'm doing my best to forget!) That's why normally a pregnant woman will have to wait for initiation, and people who have heart conditions might have the ritual changed for them.

ANd of course, the later rituals will say 'mwa haha, the initial ritual was all fake, this is the real one, and we are eeeeviiiiillll'.

And where the recipient of said ritual just drops all of their moral values without a second thought and embraces the eeeeviiiiiillllll.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I always thought of getting together with some friends and pooling our resources to build a clubhouse. The clubhouse be a place were we can watch sports, drink, shoot pool and not have our girlfriends or wives nagging at us. It would not necessarily be secret, but I could imagine saying we were a secret society just so wives and girlfriends would be kept from infiltrating the clubhouse.

Come to think of it, that is probaby how the masons, elks, etc. were started originally.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

This book breaks down all the secret societies inner workings and the control mechnisms that give them their hold on the powerful reins through the ignorance of the masses.

Could you give an example of a control mechanism?

Flying Spaghetti Monster destroying the 3 meatballs for example. Be sure to also explain the morals, or lessons it is supposed to teach.

A control mechanism is anything that takes control from you by a belief so powerful you do not question it. Another word for it is "indoctrination" which is a form of manipulation or brainwashing. There are many forms of this throughout society. School is a form of a control mechanism because you are taught to think one way with the books they teach you from, because quite a large percentage of adults do not question what was taught to them in the history books. I talk to so many people on a daily basis who have learned history but do not know anything other than what their books taught them, they never sought out any other knowledge on the subject. I was taught to find multiple sources for My information, question that knowledge, dig for the truth between all of them and usually you will find exactly what you're after.

The Bible is another form of a control mechanism as most religions teach certain ways to view the Bible and how to believe from it. An example of a major cult through religion is the Jehovah's Witnessess because you are only allowed to read from selected chapters and verses of the Bible, to never question the leaders, and you are not allowed to associate with family members who are not Jehovah's Witnesses, which is an isolation technique, a majot cult practice so your family can not learn of your brainwashing, take Jonestown as the example as it fits with the same things the Jehovah's Witnessess did, except the mass suicide part.

There are control mechanism's all around you, you just have to search out what they are atempting to control and how to overcome the control mechanism, hopefully without causing yourself major harm or undue ill effects through a societal outlook.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

Cug

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What I meant was an example of a control mechanism that a secret society would use to "give them their hold on the powerful reins".

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
What I meant was an example of a control mechanism that a secret society would use to "give them their hold on the powerful reins".

Stockholm Syndrome
This is commonly used in cults or abusive relationships. Learning about it can help keep you from being a victim.

Cug

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Stockholm Syndrome?

How would that apply to the secret societies that are commonly discussed here?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill

Originally posted by Cug

Stockholm Syndrome
This is commonly used in cults or abusive relationships. Learning about it can help keep you from being a victim.

Okay, first to Cug. A control mechanism that I was talking about from a Secret Society holding over people would be the secrecy and openess that they use, the secrecy to hide the things they don't want you to know, and the openesss to hide the things that they want you to know but are functioning as a multi-tasked purpose.

As for the "Stockholm Syndrome" it is something that comes from the captive person who becomes brainwashed through the experience of being kidnapped or held hostage that comes from the survival instinct of man. It can be used and abused by a Secret Society through the use of mass media marketing.

I'll give you a huge example of this right here in our present day and age. How many people have heard of the show "The Story of The Nine"? This is all about the "Stockholm Syndrome" and the fact that these people are captive not only physically but mentally and they become mentally attached to these people and at the same time begin to lose their own mental identity.

The Secret Society would be showing this show as a means to manipulate the mass public by showing the TV show and into accepting this as a common thing as acceptable in order to re-direct the mind's eye in order to prepare the mass populace to be willing to be put in that situation in the first place.

A prime example of this also happening right now is that there are a major amount of "armed gunmen" who are kidnapping people off the streets left and right.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

I'm picturing a pie-eating contest.

A really good initiation should revolutionize your world-view, and give you something in the bargain. A control mechanism sounds debilitating as described here. But a positive method could be imagined as well.

Something like "Ask Yourself, 'Is this good for the company?' Then act as you think it would best help the company."

Maybe, a world-view based on the basics of calculus. Or handicapping the odds down at the racetrack. Skills that will HELP your minions serve you. JW doesn't get any further in the world than it does because, while it's view is all-encompassing, it is also a mental straightjacket. Dianetics, on the other hand, at least convinces it's minions that they are becoming supermen.

The original Christian formula was popular in part because it taught its followers that they could endure any torture, forgive any slight or injustice, as long as the "cause of Christ" was served. And 2000 years later, it is the world's most popular religion, with one human in three claiming adherence. Definitely a success formula.

Personally, I think a foudational myth of the "next step in human evolution" could be positive as well as inspiring. A lot of followers will make sacrifices (tithes, volunteer labor, etc.) as long as they have a world-historic role in altering human destiny. Most UFO cults use this tactic: "we have to prepare for the coming of Zor-na-piel and the Saucer command, to purify the earth." That way the leader can tell you to go warm up his car and shovel the snow out of the driveway--in the name of heaven--and you practically climax at the thought of your role in world events.

all the best.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill

Originally posted by Cug

Stockholm Syndrome

Okay, first to Cug. A control mechanism that I was talking about from a Secret Society holding over people would be the secrecy and openess that they use, the secrecy to hide the things they don't want you to know, and the openesss to hide the things that they want you to know but are functioning as a multi-tasked purpose.

As for the "Stockholm Syndrome" it is something that comes from the captive person who becomes brainwashed through the experience of being kidnapped or held hostage that comes from the survival instinct of man. It can be used and abused by a Secret Society through the use of mass media marketing.

I'll give you a huge example of this right here in our present day and age. How many people have heard of the show "The Story of The Nine"? This is all about the "Stockholm Syndrome" and the fact that these people are captive not only physically but mentally and they become mentally attached to these people and at the same time begin to lose their own mental identity.

The Secret Society would be showing this show as a means to manipulate the mass public by showing the TV show and into accepting this as a common thing as acceptable in order to re-direct the mind's eye in order to prepare the mass populace to be willing to be put in that situation in the first place.

A prime example of this also happening right now is that there are a major amount of "armed gunmen" who are kidnapping people off the streets left and right.

There are a lot of great responses to this thread so far. How many people like this thread?

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Not So Hot, and 10 being Hot As Hell, what do you think of this thread?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Why is it that there are always large amounts of views on these threads, but such a little amount of comments? I'm just wondering if people miss the threads or they read then but do not comment on them.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if anyone is reading this thread or not. The Secret Societies are a mythological creature and this book breaks them down to their bare essence. I believe it was written as a joke but all their techniques are written out and explained in vivid detail.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Surely there must be thousands, if not millions, of secret societies out there already. I mean truly secret societies, not just societies with secrets.

Sure there are the cult variety that have members ready to die for their leader, but there are probably just as many that have semi-normal people who just all share a similar view of things.

My great-grandfather started a secret society. He was a member of the Woodsmen of America, but felt that another society was needed - one that didn't publish it's meetings in the town newspaper.

Of course I wasn't around when he started it, but I would love to see if what I know about it lined up in any way with anything from the book mentioned in the OP.

I don't want to derail the thread, but since no one has posted on it in a few days I thought maybe I could get some opinions here.

I've often thought about writing a book about the society. It never became a major ruling power or anything, it wasn't ever intended to be. I know that membership is declining now - an extreme decline. Also, the original goals of the group can never be met (in my opinion). They never could have been met, but my great-grandfather couldn't have known that.

Few members left
Not likely to make a comeback
Goals have been proven (to most people) to be unachievable

Any opinions here?
Would you write a book about it now?
Wait until all members are deceased?
Take it to your own grave?
Plan a comeback yourself and rewrite the goals?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
wellwhatnow, that's a great post. I don't necessarily think you're de-railing the thread, either purposely or unintentionally. This thread was started out about Secret Societies and anyone can talk about that. I put the book in it, because I read it and found the topic fascinating.

I wouldn't worry about de-railing it, if I feel it's being re-directed I'll get it right back on track. Thanks for the post and keep them coming.

Cug

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I still don't see how that could control people. I'm personally oath bound to hold many things secret. Everything from secret society rituals, to the encryption tech the Army used back in the 80's.

They don't "control" me in anyway.

Let's take Joe Mason, he is in sales for a fortune 500 company. How could he be controlled?

UGH got to keep this short, my computer is freaking out, it must know I have a new one on the UPS truck

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Cug, maybe this doesn't relate to you then. If you're in a Secret Society you're one of the people who are in control to an extent. Even a Fortune 500 company has people they answer to, especially a sales-person. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company answers to his shareholders, unless he or she outright owns the company.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join