It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excess Image size spoils threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm calling the staff and admin on this issue.

A recurrent problem in some threads are image size out of proportion with the page width, rendering the whole thing unreadable.

A current example is this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As we have rules for image size in avatars and signatures, couldn't we have it on images posted in threads. I'm sure the posters aren't aware of this, but it mess up the thread and probably takes up precious server space as well.

The example in question has a width of 1280 pixels. I figure 800 is about what the page can take.

I know SO have a workload pending and I'm sorry to have to add this. But for the sake of the media and thus the message, we gotta fix this. Put a lock on the width possible to post.

Also the given example in mind, shouldn't we have rules for commercial products, a context in which they can be allowed in threads. I'm sure if you read the T&C deep enough they are there, but need to be stated more clear.

We don't want ATS to turn into another YouTube or MySpace, don't we?

spelling

[edit on 10-2-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Furthermore simply use the complaints function to alert staff of these types of issues. We are usually quick to repair any thread format issues.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Thank you, Mirthful Me and kinglizard, I knew I had seen it somewhere, but not all members have.

I must say though, where mods are quick to exercise rules on excess quoting, I've never seen it on image size. Why not solve it in the software? Excess 680 pxs just won't post.

Yes, I thought about the complain button, but I felt the issue is of general interest to our community.

Thanks anyway.

new topics

top topics

join