It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: Iraq's Deadliest Bomb Made By Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

So no evidence, just some "officials said".

What about the construction similarities and the serial numbers?

Similar construction, not identical construction? That smells of replication and deception.

Serial numbers? How hard is it to forge them?

Who was it that 'found' the devices?

How do we know it was not 'security contractors' who planted them?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i didnt realise this board was so susceptible to propaganda

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

Similar construction, not identical construction? That smells of replication and deception.

Under that rubric, what isn't deception? What are the standards by which one judges these things?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Under that rubric, what isn't deception? What are the standards by which one judges these things?

It would be nice to see the weapons in question and compare them to similar models. And then to see the serial numbers and how they cannot be forged.

In other words, where is the evidence for us to examine?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Global Research blows the whistle on the bomb con.

Neocon Iranian Mortar Ruse Fizzles

Is there something wrong with this picture?

Of course, as this is a sloppy neocon ruse, as per usual, there is a problem here. Can you guess what it is?

If you guessed the date, you win a Cupie doll. For some reason the geniuses at the Pentagon have failed to explain why the Iranians used a date from the Christian Gregorian calendar and not one from the Islamic Persian calendar. According to the Muslim calendar, the date stenciled on this mortar shell should read 1427, not 2006. And why did Iran, a country speaking and writing in Persian, a language written in a version of the Arabic script, decide to label their shells in English? Maybe they thought it would fool the infidels?

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm sure an ATS'er can go dig up pics of similiar mortar shells and find out who made them.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I also question why the incendiary uses the Roman alphabet instead of the Arabic one, and uses the Gregorian calendar.

Does anyone know where the device was manufactured? If it was built in a manufacturing plant that participates in international sales, then it might be valid.

Meanwhile, I can't help but think that the number is almost cartoonishly large. It's like writing "BOMB" on the side of it.

If it is not Iranian, then I am inclined to think the military analysts made a mistake, rather than thinking that a conspiracy of neocons has made a tragic misstep. Are there any more pictures from that presentation lying around? I can't find any. I am interested to see what other evidence they collected.

[edit on 2/12/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Apparently Iran doesn't even make 81mm mortars, but Pakistan does.

81 MM HE M 57 D A-2 gov.pk

Pentagon Caught Red Handed in an attempt to Frame Iran:
Iran Does Not Manufacture 81MM Mortar Shells

The next round will be that Iran has nuclear bombs..watch and see.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Apparently Iran doesn't even make 81mm mortars, but Pakistan does.

81 MM HE M 57 D A-2 gov.pk

Pentagon Caught Red Handed in an attempt to Frame Iran:
Iran Does Not Manufacture 81MM Mortar Shells

The next round will be that Iran has nuclear bombs..watch and see.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

www.diomil.ir...

You can see Iranian made 81mm Mortar rounds for sale on the official website of the Iranian State owned munitions manufacturer.

The sources for that article were out of date.

Notice how different it is from the one America claims comes from Iran?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't know how much more anyone needs when the president of Iran is openly calling for the destruction of the US and Isrial. He say's it out in the open! I said it before and I'll say it again...he should have a nuke...shoved right up his a..!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It may be to throw it in our faces. Their way of saying"You want proof ? How's this for proof ?" Iran has pulled no punches in stating their intent.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForceMaster
I don't know how much more anyone needs when the president of Iran is openly calling for the destruction of the US and Isrial. He say's it out in the open! I said it before and I'll say it again...he should have a nuke...shoved right up his a..!

The Iranian people danced in the street when Iran was destroyed.

He never said that. He said that, like the Shahs regime, the American regime and the Jerusalem occupier regime would have no influence beyond memory and even that would diminish in the future.

The words Israel, wipe, off, face, and map were not in his speech.

A single word that has deep historical meaning was used. The translation I used was from an Iranian friend of mine who spoke Farsi and Arabic as first languages from birth until his thirties.

The other times where the word can be found it describes regime change, not holocaust.

"WIPED OFF THE MAP" - The Rumor of the Century

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Malichai]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

A single word that has deep historical meaning was used. The translation I used was from an Iranian friend of mine who spoke Farsi and Arabic as first languages from birth until his thirties.

The other times where the word can be found it describes regime change, not holocaust.

"WIPED OFF THE MAP" - The Rumor of the Century

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Malichai]

Even if that is true, and I have no reason to doubt your friend's credibility, I have seen other rallies on the news with people chanting "Death to Israel!" I don't understand how that could be misinterpreted.

I am all for getting the story right and demanding proof of something before accepting its validity, but how high is the bar going to be? I can't help but find it unreasonably high right now, and I don't mean to be offensive.

Even if they don't mean it, let's put pressure on them to change the tone, at least.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join