It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible northern ohio sighting 2/8/07 w pic/vid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hello. I’ve got a quick video & photo to share with everyone that I can’t really explain. I was at lunch yesterday (2/8/07) and noticed a bright, somewhat pulsating white light out my driver side window to the north while I was parked in the parking lot eating. I watched this for several minutes and then noticed a grey “blob” had also appeared not too far away from the light. The grey thing seemed stationary and was less interesting to me than the light, so I was paying more attention to light at that point. Several minutes later the grey blob started to move slowly at first then more quickly and erratically before shooting off to the northeast- luckily I remembered my cell phone had a video mode. The video I put on youtube is really blocky but the original 3gp file looks quite a bit better when viewed in quicktime player (still not great mind you). My cell phone is a samsung d407 if that helps. I’d be happy to email someone the original 3gp file if they can find a way to get a better quality video. My location was Sandusky, OH on Perkins Avenue about two blocks west of US250 in the parking lot of the abandoned Ames store (parked facing east). The blob and the light were located north/northwest of my location, I would guess over either Lake Erie or the Sandusky Bay. After the grey thing shot off I threw my phone down and jumped out of my truck to get a better look, but it was gone in a flash. The other light then faded away within the next minute or so. Oh, you can disregard the audio- the voice you hear in the video is Roger Hedgecock who was sitting in for Rush yesterday (That’s right, I’m one of those “Evil Conservatives” lol) This all occurred from about 12:40 to 12:50pm or so… Any opinions/possible explanations?? Thanks!

www.youtube.com...

i160.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
That sounds similar to the O'Hare object. Maybe this is a pic of the same object type. Do you have any estimate of it's distance away, height and size, maybe based on the surroundings. Did the "blob" seem like it could have been solid, not just a haze or a cloud?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Saw this and had to reply. My wife had an odd sighting today (2/9/07) In Pittsburgh, PA. While driving home from work, sitting in traffic, saw an intense light, she described as a "bright blob of light" that could have easily been mistaken for the sun, but the sun was to the immediate right of the "object". It stayed stationary in the sky, not moving. She witnessed it for about 10 minutes or so, along with a few others that pulled off to the side of the road to take a better look at it. A red haze formed abound the "object" then just went away. "It looked like there were 2 suns, it was almost hypnotic" (her words) This happened between 4:00 and 4:30 pm, slightly cloudy skies.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
That’s an interesting video Buckeye, thanks for sharing.

At first I thought maybe the gray blob was a bug, but also being from Ohio, I remembered that it's like friggin 15 degrees outside and there aren't any bugs.

Maybe they wanted to go to Cedar Point and were pissed because it's closed.

It would be nice if someone could help him out with the video.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
PittsburgMike....it sounds like your wife witnessed a sundog. A naturally occuring phenomenon. Click here and let her see the pics and see if it is similar to what she witnessed.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi
PittsburgMike....it sounds like your wife witnessed a sundog. A naturally occuring phenomenon. Click here and let her see the pics and see if it is similar to what she witnessed.

She said yes that is what she saw, and is now majorly bummed..thanks Jeddyhi.....

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
ehhh....cant see anything

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckeye2916
The video I put on youtube is really blocky but the original 3gp file looks quite a bit better when viewed in quicktime player (still not great mind you). My cell phone is a samsung d407 if that helps. I’d be happy to email someone the original 3gp file if they can find a way to get a better quality video.

If you want I can send you a U2U with my e-mail so you can send me the original 3gp file.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sounds good ArMaP! It's a pretty small file - 149KB. I think setting the zoom to double size in quicktime player gives me the best view without being too blocky. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckeye2916
Sounds good ArMaP! It's a pretty small file - 149KB. I think setting the zoom to double size in quicktime player gives me the best view without being too blocky. Thanks!

OK, check your U2Us, I have sent you my e-mail address.

I cannot promise that I will convert it now, its already 00:42 here in Portugal and I need to go to sleep soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
OK, I got the video, but I am having problems converting it.

I can only upload it tomorrow, or, for those who are still in Saturday, I hope to have it uploaded in the next 12 hours.

Sorry.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thanks ArMaP! That looks better than the one on youtube.

If anyone is interested, I've posted the original 3gp file here:

www.filehosting.cc...

open it in quicktime player, set view to double size, and tab through the video with your left and right arrow keys.

I'm not saying this is definitive "proof" or anything, just something interesting that still has me scratching my head. Should I file a report on this somewhere or is it not worth the trouble?

new topics

top topics

join