posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:37 PM
So BT, your basically suggesting that the Clinton Administration passed the threat of and from terrorism to the Bush Administration like it was a
'ticking time bomb' or coined: "passing the buck", and then insisting that instead of the Clinton Administration, the Bush Administration could
have prevented 9/11? Did the Clinton Administration have a "soothsayer" working for them when the WTC in 1993 was hit....Oklahoma bombing took
place, the Cole incident? Are you claiming and suggesting that the Bush Administration has or had a "soothsayer" to predict 9/11?
Even if the Bush Administration would have had knowledge that 9/11 was going to occur, seems to me that the Bush Administration could not have
prevented it. I mean geez BT, the administration lacked the proper security infrastructure at our national airports. In such, that seems like a fairly
damning indictment on the Clinton Administration. Question: Wasn't it the 1996 Clinton-Gore Airline Safety Commission that really helped set the
stage for 9/11, besides other things like tying the hands of the FBI-CIA....?
I mean you can point out all day long what you say the Bush Administration could have done and didn't do but as par, you hail "It happened under
Bush, not Clinton, therefore it is Bush's fault" and then never once mention what the previous Clinton Administration could have
"Years before the public knew about Bin Laden, Bill Clinton did. Bin Laden first attacked Americans during Clinton's presidential transition in
December 1992. He struck again at the World Trade Center in February 1993. Over the next eight years the archterrorist's attacks would escalate
killing hundreds and wounding thousands-while Clinton did his best to stymie the FBI and CIA and refused to wage a real war on terror.
The answer is here in investigative reporter Richard Miniter's stunning exposé that includes exclusive interviews with both of Clinton's National
Security Advisors, Clinton's counter-terrorism czar, his first CIA director, his Secretary of State, his Secretary of Defense, top CIA and FBI
agents, lawmakers from both parties and foreign intelligence officials from France, Sudan, Egypt, and the United Arab Emirates, as well as on
the-scene coverage from Sudan, Egypt, and elsewhere."
- The new evidence that Clinton knew about Sudan's offers to arrest bin Laden-and why he ignored them
- The never before told story of the Saudi government attempt to assassinate bin Laden
- Why Bill Clinton refused to meet with his first director of Central Intelligence
- Drawn from secret Sudanese intelligence files, the never-before-told story of Bin Laden's role in shooting down America's Black Hawk helicopters
in Mogadishu, Somalia-and how Clinton manipulated the news media to keep the worst off America's TV screens
- How Clinton ignored intelligence and offers of cooperation against bin Laden from Afghanistan's Northern Alliance
- How Bill Clinton scuttled a secret offer from the United Arab Emirates to arrest bin Laden
- The 1993 World Trade Center attack-why Clinton refused to believe it had been bombed; why the CIA was kept out of the investigation; and how one of
the FBI's most trusted informants was actually a double agent working for bin Laden
- Why the CIA never funded bin Laden-despite the liberal myths
- How Clinton ignored Yemen's pleas for help in arresting bin Laden-in 1993
- The untold story of a respected Congressman who repeatedly warned Clinton officials about bin Laden in 1993-and why he was ignored
- Revealed for the first time: how Clinton and a Democratic Senator stopped the CIA from hiring Arabic translators-while phone intercepts from bin
Laden remained untranslated
- How the Predator spy plane-which spotted bin Laden three times-was grounded by bureaucratic infighting."
No BT, in all realism here, its quite possible that this incident could have been prevented by both administrations and personally, even before the
Please....continue to tell us how 9/11 should have been prevented under the Bush Administration, when in all truth, the blame extends to the previous
few. How about tell us what the Bush Administration could have done in 8 months
that the Clinton Administration could and should have done in
? Tell us 'who' could have "predicted" that "something might" happen on "some unknown" day? How about inform us also of how Kean
is an "old friend" of Mr. Clinton also (hint: Drew University). But, all-in-all, many are still advocating that the Clinton Administration get a
"clean bill of health" or a "pass" on this affair? I think not......be I proponent of Bush or an opponent of Bush.
[Edited on 18-12-2003 by Seekerof]