It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freemasonry vs christianity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The internet is full of anti-masonic propaganda of so-called bible and christian websites. I am not a mason but i know that the masonic knowledge and wisdom represented by their many symbols is far older than christianity. Christianity and the church are the real conspirators who adopted the ancient wisdom from egypt, babylon, india etc. and distorted it. Just go to St.Peter in Rome and you'll see that the christian faith is not different from the old pagan worship. Watch the obelisks, venus-stars, sun-wheels etc.. ;-)

I dont say that christianity is evil but they have hidden the ancient truth for 2000 years and spread materialism! (the man jesus, the virgin mary etc..) most other religions and freemasonry itself did the same but mankind is moving to a new age and then hopefully people will recognize the REAL spiritual and divine truth and power.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

mankind is moving to a new age

I hope we move to an age with less religious hate.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill

I hope we can all stop worshiping any God and discover who we are and what our place in the universe is?
Once we have accomplished this maybe we will move on and continue to evolve.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by cain-diedhi]

[edit on 9-2-2007 by cain-diedhi]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cain-diedhi

Originally posted by RedPill

I hope we can all stop worshiping any God and discover who we are and what are place in the universe is?
Once we has accomplished this maybe we will move on and continue to evolve.

Ok so Redpill said he hoped we can have more religious tolerance and it was the religious guy who turned it around to be nasty about it HMMMMM

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

it was the religious guy who turned it around to be nasty about it

HHhhh !!!

Who is the religous guy and who is being nasty?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

HHhhh !!!

AHHHH that would be you sir and I quote from above

"I hope we can all stop worshiping any God and discover who we are and what are place in the universe is?

Once we have accomplished this maybe we will move on and continue to evolve."

I'm sure the majority of the folks here would have taken that as a nasty reply, to you it;s not nasty cause it's YOU'RE belief

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsig

HHhhh !!!

"I hope we can all stop worshiping any God and discover who we are and what are place in the universe is?

I'm sure the majority of the folks here would have taken that as a nasty reply, to you it;s not nasty cause it's YOU'RE belief

ephrin & RedPill
If I offended you both then I apologise as it was not intended.

corsig,
Maybe you should stick to speaking for your self and let other members decide if and what offends them. How does that sound?, offensive? It isn't intended to be.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsig

HHhhh !!!

ephrin & RedPill
If I offended you both then I apologise as it was not intended.

corsig,
Maybe you should stick to speaking for your self and let other members decide if and what offends them. How does that sound?, offensive? It isn't intended to be.

You forget the we Mason's stick up for each other- how do you think we became the world super power we are today?

Nice gesture to apologize to Ephrin & Redpill. Keep up the good work my friend.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

You forget the we Mason's stick up for each other- how do you think we became the world super power we are today?

Well the thing is that a lot of non-masons speculate how you became 'part' of the world super power, but none of you will enter into discussion about it without getting defensive and calling us mason-bashers etc etc..................it's crazy!!!
LOL

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ephrin
freemasonry vs christianity

I would say the use of versus is deceptive, as freemasonry regards itself as a supporter of Christianity:

Freemasonry is far from indifferent to religion. Without interfering in religious practice it expects each member to follow his own faith, and to place above all other duties his duty to God, by whatever name He is known. Its moral teachings are acceptable to all religions.

Freemasonry is thus a supporter of religion.

www.ugle.org.uk...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Christians, jews, hindus, muslims buddists and fremasons, all worship the same god,

MONEY

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I hope we can all stop worshiping any God and discover who we are and what are place in the universe is?

We already know who we are and what our place in the universe is, in my opinion. This knowledge is encoded in the Bible, Talmud, Kabballah, the Book of Coming forth by day, the Poupol Vou and many, many other sacred texts. The exoteric message in these religons was always for the "stupid" masses and the esoteric, occult meaning for the high priests and initiates. Today much of this ancient knowledge can be obtained by everyone who seeks wisdom. Now everyone can be the master mason of his life - even without joining freemasonry.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I would say the use of versus is deceptive, as freemasonry regards itself as a supporter of Christianity

Freemasonry supports every religion who believies in one god (or monad, power etc..). Freemasonry has no special relationship to Jesus. They got their own symbolical savior, CHiram Abiff.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Freemasonry supports every religion who believies in one god (or monad, power etc..). Freemasonry has no special relationship to Jesus. They got their own symbolical savior, CHiram Abiff.

Wrong. Freemasonry supports an individual in his personal choice of religion. It has NO OPINION WHATSOEVER on the religion itself.

It has no savior, that is quite untrue. I'll repeat a part of the quote I posted earlied that you have FUNDAMENTALLY missed:

Without interfering in religious practice it expects each member to follow his own faith...

It is a requirement of membership that an individual has his own faith before he joins, and must maintain it during his membership. Ipso Facto freemasonry cannot by definition have its own mechanism for salvation.

I'm sorry, but you have been deceived, my friend. You're not the first either, and I fear you won't be the last.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Dear Trinityman,

I wasn't deceived. I know many masons personally and discussed with them and I've read many masonic books about the subject.

Of course, every mason should follow his own path! But he also learns the unversal nature of all true religion and the immortality of the soul! If you havent understand that, than you can't be a true mason, sorry!

So even if you're a master mason and a faithful christian, you're faith in jesus christ was relativated, because you now know that Jesus is only one representation of "the christ within", the divine spark in every human being.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ephrin I think that you are perhaps tarring too many people with the same feathers - you do have a point, but not all Christians want to suppress the truth or have ambition for world domination - only the Roman Catholics have ever attempted that. In fact many christian sects have been persecuted and branded as heretics by the Catholic Church. If you're looking for the enemy of all free thinkers then the Catholic Church ticks alot of boxes. Who edited the bible after all............?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I wasn't deceived. I know many masons personally and discussed with them and I've read many masonic books about the subject.

Good for you! You've put a great deal more effort into understanding freemasonry than many I have met. You will also have learned that there are many opinions about what freemasonry means. You will also, hopefully, have learned that freemasonry is a mechanism that has a different impact upon individuals, depending upon their own belief structure.

Of course, every mason should follow his own path! But he also learns the unversal nature of all true religion and the immortality of the soul! If you havent understand that, than you can't be a true mason, sorry!

That may or may not be true, but I'm intrigued to know what qualifies you to identify a 'true' mason from a 'false' one.

So even if you're a master mason and a faithful christian, you're faith in jesus christ was relativated, because you now know that Jesus is only one representation of "the christ within", the divine spark in every human being.

I think I disagree with you here, but only think so because I don't know what relativated means. Whilst Jesus may be taken as having some symbolic meaning, he also has a real message delivered by a real person, and as a Christian that is critical to my belief structure.

For Christian freemasons the message in the Bible is the 'rule and guide of our faith'. It does not seek to impose upon or supercede the preeminance of either the Bible or its message. Freemasonry is quite clear about its juxtaposition with religion.

Freemasonry is not a religion, nor is it a substitute for religion. It demands of its members a belief in a Supreme Being but provides no system of faith of its own.

I am quite comfortable spending time with individuals who believe something different to me without accepting that there is any validity to those differences. It is a matter of no consequence within the framework of freemasonry, as the emphasis is on internal work rather than external influencing.

I believe you are asserting freemasonry promulgates a 'universalism'. I say freemasonry reinforces a pre-existing condition. Apologies if I have misunderstood your point.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hi KilgoreTrout,

I agree with you. Christianity is a wonderful restatement of the ancient! truth and with its emphasis on brotherly love and charity...

By the way, this is written in the bible:

"Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus IS THE Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son."

Thats exactly what the church does! They teach people about the physical man, Jesus Christ, a son of god. LOL and that this man, Jesus, gave the keys to heaven to the pope (Peter). But they will not tell you that Jesus IS THE Christ. The idea of the Christ is far older than christianity!

Trinityman,

I understand what you say and i respect your christian faith. And i also think that christians can be freemasons. I just can't understand that you deny that "freemasonry promulgates a 'universalism'"
What do you think the Compass and Square stand for - Joseph and Mary? They also stand for passive/active, yin /yang, Isis/Osiris, Moon/Sun, material world/first cause, cteis/phallus etc. etc.
And do you really think this symbol (the point within a circle) stands for john the baptist and the evangelist?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hey ephrin

I just can't understand that you deny that "freemasonry promulgates a 'universalism'"
What do you think the Compass and Square stand for - Joseph and Mary? They also stand for passive/active, yin /yang, Isis/Osiris, Moon/Sun, material world/first cause, cteis/phallus etc. etc.

Well, eveyone is free to put their own interpretation upon symbols. Indeed, freemasonry itself has taken existing symbols and added masonic meaning to them.

There is esoteric content in masonry, to be sure. But it is all to easy to lose sight of the wood for the trees, and to search too deeply for that which is hidden in plain view. Masonic symbols, particularly the tools of the operative stonemasons, have specific meaning in the context of freemasonry. The square teaches us to regulate our lives and actions in a manner acceptable to God and the compasses remind us to limit our desires in every station of life. Moral lessons for a man in awe of his creator.

And do you really think this symbol (the point within a circle) stands for john the baptist and the evangelist?

Ah, but what do John the Baptist and John the Evangelist represent?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
*Edit*

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Tamahu]

<<   2 >>

join