It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freemasonry vs christianity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I’ve just read this thread from the beginning and feel the need to offer a little support there for Cain-Diedhl. I actually agree that the world would be better off without organized religion.

I mean no offence whatsoever and I am sure that many of you embrace your faiths with great seriousness. You possibly pity the non-believers. To me, organized religion is a means of control, it offers no real answers, it causes more war than peace and can only cause further division unless it is accepted for what it is – a belief system. I have one of those too. It just doesn’t involve a deity.

I do not hate any individual or decry the beliefs of the individual as wrong. I find what all of you have to say fascinating especially if it is an opinion different to my own. When we stop learning we might as well be dead. Not one of us has all the answers that is why we are here surely.

Cain-Diedhl may be being a little extreme but he has a point and I feel it is valid. Wouldn’t it be better to have an open discussion than to instantly dismiss it as offensive to some, whether they are in the minority or the majority.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
Wouldn’t it be better to have an open discussion than to instantly dismiss it as offensive to some, whether they are in the minority or the majority.

This was offered at the very beginning and he refused to cooperrate in a polite discussion. Since I see you are new here I extend to you a hearty welcome.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hi Holytrinity,

The square teaches us to regulate our lives and actions in a manner acceptable to God and the compasses remind us to limit our desires in every station of life. Moral lessons for a man in awe of his creator.

A popular definition of freemasonry by masons themselves is:

Freemasonry is a Peculiar System of Morality, Veiled in Allegory and Illustrated with Symbols

I agree with that defination, but its only one face of freemasonry..
In this respect every good christian, taoist, buddhist, muslim, kabbalist etc.. would also be a good freemason and vice versa. All these religions teach modesty, humility, charity etc... that are all attributes for the "perfect ashlar" of masonry...

But in my opinion, if you join a fraternity or organisation you also have to accept the symbols. The interpretation of the symbols can be different, but if you read masonic publications there is always the emphasis on the universal character of the symbols. Moreover, the symbols do not only repesent moral and fraternal behavior, the definetely have a deeper meaning. And I've never read an important masonic book where the interpretation is limited to the christian perspective... This would be diametrically opposed to freemasonry, because masonry invites all people who believe in G-d and the immortality of the soul...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join