It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is america too powerfull with its control

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
america seems to want to get all countries apart from their own to abolish nuclear weapons is this so that they can have world domination.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't believe the U.S. is asking for EVERY country to abolish their nuclear arsenal, just those countries that are more than willin to use them. After 1945, no country has ever used a nuke against another country. That includes, and correct me if I missed someone; Great Britain, France, Soviet Union( now C.I.S. ), China, Pakistan, India, the U.S., and now North Korea. I would be weary to about letting countries obtain nuclear capabilities, that have shown aggressive natures in the past; Iran, Libya and so on. North Korea is a sticking point. What can we now do about them/ what are the consequenses if we do?

jhh

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
We seem to be extremely paranoid that another country could use them on us, while at the same time we forget that is why a hostile country wants to develop them. All these countries want is a little protection that makes countries, like the US, rethink if it is worth invading them. I still believe all countries accept MAD as a response to a nuclear strike, even unpredictable countries like North Korea will only use such weapons when being invaded. Look at Iraq they still didn't use any weapons when being invaded, hell they didn't even use weapons besides suicide bombs and surface to air missles after the war was technically over.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MUDDYFOX
america seems to want to get all countries apart from their own to abolish nuclear weapons is this so that they can have world domination.

i agree....

USA is trying to be the baby sitter of the world...

but not for long...

cause it is getting more and more enemies...

and even strong people get beat up be enough little kids...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hopefully the US will squash all the annoying kids harping on its back so that we can get on with the business of dealing with the great problems facing the world in the next 10 years.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A bit extreme there Neo. How about we try to find ways to get along with the kids and not "squash" anyone?
There is no reason for us to try to bully the rest of the world just because we "can". We need to open more communication lines with those who hate us not shut them down like we are doing now (N. Korea and most Islamic countries).
Understanding is the key here and you can't educate people with your fists.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Fry2,

you accuse the US of being bullies but much of the world that criticizes it is also demonstrated bullies. You always consistently ignore this fact.

when you are the boss you do not need to make anyone like you, but you must do what is fair as much as possible according to the values of your organization.

people will hate someone not because they are bad or evil or harming them but because they do not allow them to DO WHAT THEY WANT.

Witness a spoiled child... who hates their parents while there parents have caused no harm to the child.

violence does not solve all problems but it does solve some and in the case of Iraq it was used appropriately.

you seem to have limited experience dealing with DIFFICULT PEOPLE, have you ever had to manage anyone?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MUDDYFOX

Really?......you don't say
(sarcasm really don't come across too well)

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Russian i agree with you.
i am a enemy of america now since all the crap they have done to the world

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   

you seem to have limited experience dealing with DIFFICULT PEOPLE, have you ever had to manage anyone?

Young man, you still have a LOT to learn about the world. I have been in management for seventeen years (probably longer than you have been breathing).
Good management is NOT barking orders at people because you "can". Good management is getting people to want to do what you want them to.
Check back when you grow up a bit.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yes that is a good point in management but, there are always those people who won't do their job no matter what. SO what do you do about those people?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Good question. In most cases a sit down and talk session explaining where the deficiecies are will do the trick. After that a "formal write up" (security council resolution) sometimes works. After that suspension without pay(UN or even US sanctions) does wonders.
Worst case scenario you fire them(block all aid and trade).
I can't remember the last time I just fired someone right off the bat (let alone killed them
).

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Mind you, I'm speaking of N. Korea primarily here. I still pretty much support what we did in Iraq just not so much the way that it was presented and done. A few well placed bullets could have gotten us to where we are now as opposed to a couple hundred tons of explosives.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2

Young man, you still have a LOT to learn about the world. I have been in management for seventeen years (probably longer than you have been breathing).
Good management is NOT barking orders at people because you "can". Good management is getting people to want to do what you want them to.
Check back when you grow up a bit.

Sorry Fry but I am 43 years old. I still wonder about you managing people though. While I agree with your management philosophy, I still say that you have not had to deal with difficult people.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Sorry Fry but I am 43 years old.

Riiiiight. In 43 years you still can't figure out that the Matrix movie is fiction. Whatever fanboy.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't like people calling me names and if you keep it up then we will see who the boy is around here.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
alright alright calm down calm down.can we talk civilized ladies

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by MUDDYFOX]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
ALL nuclear weapons should be abolished. They accomplish nothing but fear.

It would have been easier to eliminate saddam through special forces or just worked to overthrow his government instead of bombing the # out of them and killing people causing fear and hatred among the Iraqis for the U.S. Which brings up my point, why the hell are we in Iraq?

Don't hate the U.S. Hate Bush, since hes the one who is #ing up our country.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
I don't like people calling me names and if you keep it up then we will see who the boy is around here.

MATRIX BOY,

Cool down and consentrate on the topic on hand..

Maybe even do some 'googleing' with it before posting here again.

So that you would be able to post something that has substance..

(Even you THENEO can post good posts, just lose that Bush rhetoric/propaganda..)

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You know Fulcrum the most annoying thing about you besides the fact you are so NARROW in your view of reality,

is that you cannot see you own BIAS.

My comments are fine and relevant and I am tired of the left wing types around here acting like they are the good guys.

I can make thread with hundreds of links to crimes committed by left wing people of the world, crimes against humanity like that in the Ukraine for example.

Also if you had read the postings you would find that Fry2 started the name calling which you so easily ignored and thus only attacked me.

Lastly do not call me names.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join