It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not open the US' borders and let illegals compete for ALL US jobs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Digital if we don't add fuel to the fire the problem will remain. You know what they say out of sight, out of mind and it's true in this situation. The situation is only going to get worse and why shouldn't we discuss it now openly instead of hiding it under the rug and pretend that to discuss such things are taboo? It is better to confront national problems openly and firmly than to hide from them and pretend they aren't there. After all, this problem will not fix itself!

It is healthy for the country in my opinion to discuss issues that split the conventional political parties in 2. This helps remind us Americans that all political issues don't just have 2 sides to it.
[edit on 8-2-2007 by Low Orbit]

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Low Orbit]

I don't think its logical to let all illegal aliens into the country to open peoples eyes about the problem. Its counterproductive IMO. Then the problem remains of how to get them out. Then instead of worrying about getting a few million out we would be pretty much overran with illegals and will get sidetracked by issues like human rights and racial discrimination and any other thing that can be added to make us forget the big picture. You see they come here illegally and have no real rights because they are not American citizens. And then they manipulate us and use our constitution and civil rights against us. Its a no win situation because the bleeding hearts of America get distracted from the fact that they shouldn't be here in the first place. So basically if they break the law we deport them and they come back and and rape or kill someone else and if we try to stop them from coming here then they sue and protest in our streets waving their country's flag that they left in the first place and get welfare and food stamps and drivers license. Its a crazy cycle that has no end unless we do something drastic.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I agree the solution has to be drastic. If Americans wanted to solve this problem we could all we would need to do is guard our borders(not like they are doing now, lol) and punish employers of illegals with extreme fines such as 1st offense fines of 25,000 per illegal employed. Also, Police would be needed to help deal with this problem since it is way too much just for ICE to handle. There should also be rewards for individuals that rat businesses out for employing illegals, this will be further motivation for employers not to hire. The solution is simple, unfortunately most Americans don't want their gardner kicked out of the country due to the cheap rates they pay.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Exactly! I have someone that is close to me lets just say without being specific that I don't talk to anymore. This person rents out low income housing and since the illegals have made their way to my area they have started to pile into the rentals. 2br 1 bath rentals with 5 to 6 Mexicans per rental. I've got into heated arguments with this person about why the hell he/she would let them move in and trash the rentals like that instead of just not renting to them. he/she has the stance that its not her/his business if they are illegal and that the Foreman's of the Mexican crews pay on time. And sometimes 2 to 3 mos in advance. and its better than renting to low income whites who are always late and hard to evict. This is a sad example of the way Americans let greed over ride their love for their country.And it comes in many forms and is always complicated. But if America would stop them before they get here people would not have to make these choices.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Since the lower class is taking the brunt of the illegal immigration problem. Why don't we try to spread out the problem so it doesn't just hurt the poor. If illegals really do make our country better and more competitive why don't we let them compete for all jobs including law enforcement, doctors and nurses, lawyers, accountants and all federal state and local jobs. Why should illegal immigration be held down by a glass ceiling? Why not remove that glass ceiling and let us all compete? Why is there this apparent bias for illegals?

You want to know why???? Because you illegals don't even bother to learn our language, or take a simple test to become a citizen, or follow any of our laws. If you can't do that, you don't deserve higher jobs, heck you don't even deserve to live in the USA.

Basically what you are asking for is to let illegals come and wipe away the American culture and way of life. How would the Mexicans feel if a bunch of Caucasian English speaking Americans invaded Mexico, and over time diminished their heritage, language, and whatever else?

Bascialy, if ALL the illegals came over to America, there would be NO AMERICA TO COME TO, OVER TIME. It will just turn into another mexico.

THINGS WOULD LOOSE VALUE.

This high quality 25$ shirt, still in the box, is now worth 5$ because they let all the imegrants in. I just lost money, because it lost value.

I don't understand why you people can't turn your own countries into an America clone. If you love your country so much, FIX IT. It maks me mad to see a Mexican come to America, and still wave his Mexico flag. If you love it so much... GO BACK.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Connected]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dropjaw

Your post is insulting to American workers and it is not thought out very well.

Thats the Smug part I was talking about.......Where did go after stiring the pot anyway......?

I went to bed, It was late.

There is nothing wrong with stirring the pot. A lively debate will include all perspectives, even those you don't agree with.

Many people didn't like what I posted. Thats OK. If we're to learn from one another than we have to be able to listen to one another. Even if someone says something you don't like.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Many people didn't like what I posted. Thats OK. If we're to learn from one another than we have to be able to listen to one another. Even if someone says something you don't like.

I cannot believe how people are reacting to Illegal immigrants. They are acting as though this is a new phenomenon. Some are reacting violently and its very disturbing.

Gunmen Open Fire on Illegal Immigrants
Three Men Are Killed And Several Are Taken Hostage
By ARTHUR H. ROTSTEIN
AP
TUCSON, Ariz. (Feb. 8) - Gunmen stopped a pickup truck full of illegal immigrants, shot some and took the rest captive Thursday in an attack that left at least three men dead and two people wounded, authorities said.

The men shot three people, one fatally, along a known smuggling corridor near Tucson, then forced several other immigrants in the group to leave with them, Pima County sheriff's officials said.

Source

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
I have never visited the United States. However, I would find it difficult to count the number of South Asian, Southeast Asian and Arab friends, relatives and former schoolmates of mine who now live in the USA.

The thing they all have in common is that they are educated professionals: scientists, techno-entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers, business folk and so on.

There is a good reason for that. The country they were born in had to carry the burden of their education, their expenses and putting up with the ugly episodes of their youth. Then they apply to come to America and we get to enjoy the benefits of all they have learned. It's almost like a windfall profit. A country would have to be nuts to turn away an educated young professional.

And all of them, with their youth and idealism and ingenuity want to come to the United States. That alone is a profound statement.

God I love being an American

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I cannot believe how people are reacting to Illegal immigrants. They are acting as though this is a new phenomenon. Some are reacting violently and its very disturbing.

Yo Piglet,you think #s getting bad now give it a couple more years......Whats disturbing to me is how many violent illegals are getting a free ride in the old grey bar hotel.....while still running their gangs outside of jail and ordering killings left and right while innocent Americans are caught in this complete and udder bull#!

Yet we put up with it and foot the bill......They may be uneducated but were just plain stupid....

It's time to take the bull by the balls and get our country back!

Peace out

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

There is nothing better!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by Astyanax
I would find it difficult to count the number of...relatives and former schoolmates of mine who now live in the USA. The thing they all have in common is that they are educated professionals: scientists, techno-entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers, business folk and so on.

There is a good reason for that.

A good reason for what? Their being professionals? Or friends of mine? Or coming to the USA? I'm afraid I do not follow.

The country they were born in had to carry the burden of their education, their expenses and putting up with the ugly episodes of their youth.

Wrong. The countries they were born in failed to provide them with social and economic opportunities commensurate with their education, which in all cases known to me was acquired privately, often overseas -- sometimes in America itself -- at the expense of their parents or other benefactors.

A country would have to be nuts to turn away an educated young professional.

I agree. And I certainly hold no grudge against America (or anywhere else for that matter) for welcoming them. I was simply trying to explain to the OP that his proposal is already -- sporadically and informally -- in effect.

I'm sure you do. I for my part am profoundly glad that I am not one.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So what do you guys think, would open borders be the best thing for the American Economy and the American People or the worst?

Ill go first, I think open borders would be the best thing for the American Economy and would help us remain firmly incharge of geopolitics. Open borders would create a large and talented labor force for corporate America to work with. Cheap and talented labor attract corporations so it would create even more jobs(and corporations and what kind of jobs they won't tell you)
However, it would be the worst thing for the American people since their jobs will be even more and more disposable with the increasing labor force. Supply and demand dictate worker's wages and the less people in the US to do the jobs the more they will get paid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join