It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bisexuals in Marriage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have a question. I wonder if a bisexual could ever truly be in a commited marriage. I have a friend that is married who considered themselves as bi, yet I wonder how could you be married to one gender if you like the other gender as well. Does this kind of lifestyle have a future?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I would imagine they probably either have an "open" marriage or invite other men and/or women for a group thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I say they are both probably swinger, I guess If I was married and my wife was bi, I'd beg her to bring home her mistress ha ha

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thats the same thing as asking if a straight person could ever be committed in a marriage.

It has nothing do do whatsoever with wether or not the person would cheat. It only means that there is a wider variety of people the person could cheat with if he chose to do so.

If you marry someone then youre married. The point is that you want to be with only that one person from then on. Your sexual orientation before that point is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

It has nothing do do whatsoever with wether or not the person would cheat. It only means that there is a wider variety of people the person could cheat with if he chose to do so.

Good answer!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm with dawgjay on this one - if your wife is bi, encourage her to make girlfriends!! ;-)

Now if the husband is bi, well....... ick.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well in my personal life my wife is bisexual and it actualy didnt come inbetween us in our marriage. It was her leaving me for some other guy that ended our marriage

in fact if you have a bisexual wife it can actualy be a bit more exciting

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjNothing
Thats the same thing as asking if a straight person could ever be committed in a marriage.

Thank you DjN!

Some people tend to think that if you are not 100% heterosexual, then you are some sort of perverted sex fiend.

Just because a person might be attracted to someone of a certain sex or gender group doesn't mean that they must have sex with someone within that group.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

in fact if you have a bisexual wife it can actualy be a bit more exciting

Not if the "other" is getting more attention than you.

Even though many men have such fantasies.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Even though many men have such fantasies.

Yes, many dream of it..... few can achieve it

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I don't want to be rude but the OP's argument is very small minded. It assumes that bisexuals are rampant, devouring, ever hungering lovers who need to have sex with men and women in order to satisfy themselves...

WRONG!!

The bisexuals I know are in committed relationships and they don't have to let other people in or have an open relationship. Its not any different from a heterosexual or homosexual getting married. They choose someone to be with, and they stay with them.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjNothing

That's a good point

It's the reason why I wouldn't choose to marry or even enter into a relationship with someone who is bi-sexual. As it would another complication which I frankly wouldn't want. A lot of guys don't care as they're into the girl on girl threesome thing. Fine but it's not for me.

[edit on 8/3/07 by Flyboy211]

new topics

top topics

join