It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Type of Paper(cotton) money is printed on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Anyone know the specifications of the dollar bill, as far as the type of material its printed on and such?

I have the info as to the Euro and Chinese money, I'm doing a comparison but can't find much information on the American dollar.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I you serious
Would you like treasury agents kicking in your doors
Have some freaken common sense

Your name and well and mine are now being monitored by the treasury, or other government agency just for talking about the subject.

They don't play when it comes to money man

Then again this is exactly what an under cover might ask a forum group just to see it they can start something.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's really not that secret. The dollar bills are composed of 75% cotton and 25% linen, with various colored threads added to make it harder to counterfeit.

There is also a printed thread going through most modern bills showing the denomination (to prevent a bill from being bleached and reprinted in a higher denomination).

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ask Kim Jong Il. The US currency that his government prints is even better than the real thing!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
NK does not print American money man.. they can buy money with resources and such, but it still comes from the US.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
NK does not print American money man.. they can buy money with resources and such, but it still comes from the US.

Yes they do print counterfeit U.S. currency. The bills are of an extremely high quality, and as said are actually better than genuine Treasury BEP bills.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Uhh, yeah they do. They are one of the biggest producers of counterfeit US currency in the world. We are constantly intercepting loads of it in ports around the world, usually accompanied by large amounts of heroin.

And what resources do you think North Korea has? They can't even produce enough food to feed their own people. Their citizens have actually resorted to digging up human bodies from cemetaries just so they could have meat to eat. North Korea's only resource is their missile technology- which they proudly export to countries like Iran, Syria, UAE, Yemen, etc. But obviously, America isn't interested in purchasing North Korea's weapons with American currency, or dog feces, for that matter.

North Korea's printing of US currency reminds me of Nazi Germany's printing of British pounds during WWII, which they dropped over London, if my memory serves me correctly. If I recall, this actually led to Britains not accepting certain dominations of their currency which were the ones most produced by the Germans. Maybe some historians or British citizens can correct me on this issue.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

North Korea's printing of US currency reminds me of Nazi Germany's printing of British pounds during WWII, which they dropped over London, if my memory serves me correctly. If I recall, this actually led to Britains not accepting certain dominations of their currency which were the ones most produced by the Germans. Maybe some historians or British citizens can correct me on this issue.

I never knew that.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

This is true - the germans were dropping it on London in bombing raids to try to devalue the british currency by flooding the country with it.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The Germans initially dropped it in less than 3 raids but the copies were so good they decided to keep the rest in order to finance their war and atrocities. You should see the movie "The Counterfeiters" it is based on a true story and scripted by one of the counterfeiters from the war.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I've read that from several different books,seems that the Nazi's would pay foreign spies with counterfeit currency as well.A practice that was continued the KGB during the Cold War.

new topics

top topics

join