It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloodybush Road

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
While bored and having nothing to do, I was on the Shadowlands website of Haunted places and came across this interesting site in England called, "Bloodybush Road". While the information was intriquing, it did not provide much but a teaser to me. I took it upon myself to glance on the web to see if there was any information available on this place, however, I repeadley ran into this qoute,

England - Kielder - Bloodybush Road - In the remote area of kielder lies the lonely Willowbog Cottage, so old it is, in fact, mentioned in the Doomsday Book. From then on to the present day, every bridge ever built there, be it stone, metal or wood has never stood for over a decade. They have all at one point been found completely demolished over night or had to be destroyed due to unexplained bloodstains that cover every inch of it. On certain nights the galloping of hooves has been heard from the nearby Willowbog Cottage (which itself is 20 miles from anywhere). Willowbog still stands and is now the setting of a weekend and summer holiday activity center for the 74th Scout Troop of Newcastle upon Tyne but not even they have ever ventured to Bloodybush after midnight and god help anyone who ever does. For more on the story go to our experiences section. The link will be posted soon. theshadowlands.net

That was from the Shadowlands section, however, it appeared on every website I found relating to "Bloodybush Road". So, I was wondering if anyone had any additional information to this site, or could shed some light onto it.

Mod edit to include link

[edit on 4-2-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well if I lived in England I would gladly go and investigate this cottage if it really exists...is there anyone in England willing to check it out,I am curious now too,but see if you can stay the whole night.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I am too, anyone living in England have any info on this?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
the shadowlands site " description " is madenenly vague , and inuendo ladened - while avoiding divulging of any usefull fact

i will have to dig out a map to track down the exact location of " bloodybush road "

it does exist

but a few questions you should ask are :

if this bridge keeps getting destroyed - why is there so little mention of it ?

they should have replaced @ least 6 bridges since WWII - if they really had that would get far greater attention

also the cottage , if it really is litsed in the doomsday book - why no publicity ?

several features near my home are listed in the doomsay book inventory

and tourist info leaflets abound - all telling visitors that a place was listed in the doomsday book

why do no mundane sites / historic sites mention this cottage ?

BTW - its a small world - i cammed out in keilder the very summer before the sluices were closed and the dam completed

IIRC my father joined us o that holiday - and i still have his photos somehwere - he took loads @ keilder camp because it was only months before it eas flooded

i can barely recall out excoursion to keilder castle - so i have no memory of any refferences we may have seen / read @ the time

but it remains that co oborating accounts of the claimed events are suspiciously absent .

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I live no were near Bloody Bush road, but there are many places around my area listed in the doomsday book, one is 5 miles up the road, From hear say, Apparently there is a lake here that dissapears during a particular month in a forest or something.

If you know were to find exact details in the book (I can't, only find how to buy the book and certain listings on this website

www.domesdaybook.co.uk...

But look up Cold Norton (Essex), called Nortuna in old days, that is were htis supposed lake is.

Also many towns around here are listed in there, Chelmsford, Basildon and others.

Can you explain what the Doomsday Book represents as I don't know too much about it, is it just haunted locations???

[edit on 7-2-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
Can you explain what the Doomsday Book represents as I don't know too much about it, is it just haunted locations???

[edit on 7-2-2007 by chris01621]

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

is history no longer taught in british schools ?

to paraprase " ORANGETOM " : ` pathetic public education ? `

did you try reading the bloody FAQ

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mistr_b2

i am a member of the 74th scout troup and believe me, the cottage does exist, and there is an unbelievably large amount of paranormal activity going on just in the cottage. and bloody bush road, well the same can be said, me myself have never went up it past midnight, it seems warning enough anytime its dark.

anybody wanting to check this cottage out, well i can try and help you with that.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by chris4391

then you will have no trouble supplying the full ordnance survey NGR for the location of the alledged cottage , right ?

they still teach basic land navigation and map reading in the scouts dont they

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
No NGR, but here's a google map from Kielder to Bloody Bush Road:
maps.google.co.uk...,-2.403946&sspn=0.273566,0.6427&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=13

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i am also a memeber of the scout group, have been going camping up there for 12 years, and yes the cottage does exist! the bridge you talk about remains, hasn't been rebuilt!
to get there, turn in at matthews inn, go along lewisburn, past acornshaw burn, and down to the left, an there you will see it!
the cottage had a fire in the 1990's, unexplained, but has be re-done!
we have camped out many times on bloodybush road, only whispers can be heard at night, and sometimes galloping, so you could say it is haunted! trust me, you do want to visit there, lots of unexplained answers, but dont try and summon the spirits, people have went missing unexpectedly!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
it's the Domesday book.

Domesday.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I live a couple of hours from here, if nobody has been up their in the next week or so I dont mind going. Just at the moment I am in the last stages of a major job (I work for myself) and cant just drop it, I should hopefully be finished by friday if all goes well (Give or take a few days) but thats the best I can do. This place for some reason attracts my attention, maybe due to the lack of infomation after they have given a taste of what may happen.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
so did anyone go to this place at all ? im new member and have been going to investigate this for a while but just not got round to it cos ive been ill. if those here can help me get access please message me. thanks

[edit on 15-9-2008 by g ward]

new topics

top topics

join