It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Terrorists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
As the US is using the WOT as a means to further its interests around the globe, what happens if Russia/China and their supporters decide that it is America that are the terrorists who pose a threat to world security and decide that they need to nuetralise this threat and further their interests in the process.

Both countries are showing signs of expansion especially China sooner or later this will bring them into conflict with the US. But what if they pre-empt this by using the same tactic being used by the US Goverment. What if they staged 9/11 type events with the sole purpose of pointing the finger of blame at the US. If the US can us this tactic I'm sure they can do the same.

The other possible scenario is using a patsy, Iran seems to fit the bill, should the US attack Iran, Russia and China may use this as a pretext to initially support Iran indirectly but escalate it to direct conflict with the US.
America is a long way from the ME while Russia/China are relatively close, re supply for the US would be a major problem, air and sea ways could be easily interdicted.

Its obvious the US wants to keep a strong military presense in the ME, whether the Russians/Chinese will tolerate this remains to be seen.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I doubt it. Russia's military forces and equipment are old and alot of their nuclear stockpile was reduced. China couldnt possibly survive a direct confrontation with the US in one piece. Although its good to see the "I hate america" groupies are alive and well

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What is it with you Americans, look when you want to play in the big boys league you have to take on all challengers. Its a pity that some cannot get past their own ignorance.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
What is it with you Americans,..

What is it with YOU and your anti-American posts?
'Arrogant Americans' 'American terrorists' etc

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Careful with dishing out the 'ignorant Americans' comments ...
jealousy is also ignorance.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
China couldnt possibly survive a direct confrontation with the US in one piece. Although its good to see the "I hate america" groupies are alive and well

This may be true but honestly would you really enjoy seeing millions of americans die trying? Only time will tell. Personally I'd like to see US forces go at it full on with a country that could inflict back a lot of damage. It would put american egos back on earth. The "I hate america groupies are indeed alive and well and will continue to flourish with your type of psycho babble and jingoism. I'm going on a limb here but its just a matter of time before the US suffers some form of major setback. In the pre 9-11 days I would have been troubled by such events but I'm not so sure anymore. Unfortunately those who would suffer are not the ones that should.

brill

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
This may be true but honestly would you really enjoy seeing millions of americans die trying? Only time will tell. Personally I'd like to see US forces go at it full on with a country that could inflict back a lot of damage. It would put american egos back on earth. The "I hate america groupies are indeed alive and well and will continue to flourish with your type of psycho babble and jingoism. I'm going on a limb here but its just a matter of time before the US suffers some form of major setback. In the pre 9-11 days I would have been troubled by such events but I'm not so sure anymore. Unfortunately those who would suffer are not the ones that should.

brill

Well America loves heroes, we all know that. And I think in such a conflict there would be no shortage of such men. Why does everyone think Americans are arrogant, I dont understand it. I get labelled with everyone else because maybe a few are aroogant. I think some mistake arrogance for the fact that at this time, the US is THE world leader. That may change but some people need to come to terms with the reality of things as they are now and stop getting their panties in a bunch because I dont think things will change for a while.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Flyers you have an attitude problem, America at the moment has the world stage would you not think it strange if I posted threads on Sierra Leon. America is front page news all the time so it will be the topic of conversation will it not, can you understand that concept.

And if you truly believe that some people are anti American perhaps you should ask yourself why. Riddicule is the last resort of the scoundrel.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Flyers you have an attitude problem, America at the moment has the world stage would you not think it strange if I posted threads on Sierra Leon. America is front page news all the time so it will be the topic of conversation will it not, can you understand that concept.

And if you truly believe that some people are anti American perhaps you should ask yourself why. Riddicule is the last resort of the scoundrel.

Nah, I wouldnt think it strange at all, theres plenty of news-worthy material out there that doesnt involve America I find very interesting. But what you present is basically opinion so dont get disgruntled when someone else shares one of an opposite nature. You're entitled to yours, Flyers is entitled to hers, and I'm entitled to mine. Got a problem?

I do ask why, for all the mud slinging that is done about the US no one stops for a minute to think of the good that we do. We are the most charitable country in the world(and we should be, we have the means). Who does everyone call when disaster strikes in Indonesia, Pakistan, or India, hell anywhere? The US of course, and when all is said and done the country is still chastised for its mistakes, instead of maybe someone giving us a hand every once in a while to fix them.(there are few that do)

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Luda quite right and I have said many positive things about the US but its wrong to label people when you cannot come up with a better argument.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Luda quite right and I have said many positive things about the US but its wrong to label people when you cannot come up with a better argument.

When did I label anyone?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Well America loves heroes, we all know that. And I think in such a conflict there would be no shortage of such men. Why does everyone think Americans are arrogant, I dont understand it. I get labelled with everyone else because maybe a few are aroogant. I think some mistake arrogance for the fact that at this time, the US is THE world leader. That may change but some people need to come to terms with the reality of things as they are now and stop getting their panties in a bunch because I dont think things will change for a while.

Certainly there is no disputing who's on top of the pile, that goes without question. Quite frankly I don't have a problem with it, its when its shoved in your face with attitude that nothing else matters that it becomes a problem. History has shown us that those at the top of their game eventually fall and fall rather hard. I think the topic is a good question though because inevitably other nations will also want to expand and thats when things will get interesting.

brill

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What is it with you Americans,..

What is it with YOU and your anti-American posts?
'Arrogant Americans' 'American terrorists' etc

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Careful with dishing out the 'ignorant Americans' comments ...
jealousy is also ignorance.

Im sure many people would gladly be anti- WHO EVER.

but at the moment, its the USA that has illegially invaded occupied and caused the deaths of hundereds of thousands..FOR NO DAMN REASON!

and its hard to be 'pro-USA' when so many USA citizens still brasonly scream and yell '' we are surperior, we decide whats right and wrong ''

I mean jesus, you still beleive the IRAQ war is LEGAL, simply because the USA government deemed it so.

Well hate to tell you, but the USA government IS NOT THE WORLD.
and THE WORLD BELEIVE THE WAR IS ILLEGIAL.

Its people like you, that make the world hate the USA.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I doubt it. Russia's military forces and equipment are old and alot of their nuclear stockpile was reduced. China couldnt possibly survive a direct confrontation with the US in one piece. Although its good to see the "I hate america" groupies are alive and well

I reackon China & Russia were be a formiddable foe.
The two of them together, with that enormouse piece of land....
that would be quite a challenge.
I cant see it ever coming to that..

but if the USA continues to march along its current ways.... someone, somewhere is going to stand up and say ' enough is enough '

I mean, if the USA does decide to wipe out Iran, China and Russia I believe arent just going to sit by and say '' go for it, we dont really need all that gas any way ''

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Luda I did not mean you I mean those who rather than get involved in debate would rather just call people names.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sorry to bring Ego's back down to Earth but If you all read the opening thread there was nothing in it that was overtly anti-American.

I actually believe it to have been an American who started the mud slinging

"I hate America" Groupies

In the opening thread I DO NOT recall anybody inciting hatred towards the US. What I saw was quite a valid point.

As the US is using the WOT as a means to further its interests around the globe, what happens if Russia/China and their supporters decide that it is America that are the terrorists who pose a threat to world security and decide that they need to nuetralise this threat and further their interests in the process.

This is a valid question. What if? No anti-American sentiments!

Both countries are showing signs of expansion especially China sooner or later this will bring them into conflict with the US. But what if they pre-empt this by using the same tactic being used by the US Goverment. What if they staged 9/11 type events with the sole purpose of pointing the finger of blame at the US. If the US can us this tactic I'm sure they can do the same.

This paragraph also asks a valid question based on speculation about the exact happenings on 9/11. A speculation many American's hold as well!

The other possible scenario is using a patsy, Iran seems to fit the bill, should the US attack Iran, Russia and China may use this as a pretext to initially support Iran indirectly but escalate it to direct conflict with the US.
America is a long way from the ME while Russia/China are relatively close, re supply for the US would be a major problem, air and sea ways could be easily interdicted.

This is another valid point, Afghanistan in the 80's was used in the way described above. The point about logistics of the Middle East is also valid it is a logistical struggle to supply that region from the US.

Its obvious the US wants to keep a strong military presense in the ME, whether the Russians/Chinese will tolerate this remains to be seen.

Again valid, the US DOES want to be a strong presense in the Middle East, the US president himself said that the US is addicted to oil, if that oil doesn't keep coming it would get quite ugly in the US. "Whether the Russians/Chinese will tolerate this remains to be seen". This does remain to be seen world politics is finely balanced and it wouldn't take much to become unstable.

So hopefully the ego's will come back to Earth, read the opening thread again and realise there was nothing anti-American at all.

In fact in my opinion the irrational defensive behaviour shown here implies a feeling of guilt. Where you know it's wrong but defend it anyway.

So lets all just get past our ego's and try to discuss the matter in hand, the beauty of ATS is that you not forced to read stuff and your not forced to write stuff .

This everybody hates America paranoia is killing these boards

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If/when the rest of the world grows a pair and declares the US to be the problem, we'll be pretty much screwed here.

All it would take is for the world to slap some sanctions on us. We in the US are so dependent on the rest of the world for everything, we'd have to fold under that kind of pressure.

Imagine no more oil shipments, just for starters. How long 'till our streets started looking like the streets of the countries they show me on the news? Trash everywhere, abandoned cars lining the streets. You know. You've seen the news, too.

In addition to that, we've outsourced so many manufacturing jobs to other countries that we would be facing critical shortages on just about anything you can think of. Especially when you factor in the disposable/consumer-driven culture presently in style here. Old habits can't be broken overnight, and we burn through a lot of crap every day. I recall reading that the US is responsible for 50% of the planets trash output. We require constant outside renewal of resources to keep up that kind of waste.

I'm not bashing America here, I'm just stating the obvious. I still love my country, but our leadership through recent history has really sucked. National policy has been made solely to fatten the bottom line of the corporations/bankers who financed the lawmakers.

No, I don't think a war would be necessary. Major sanctions against us, and we'd fall inside of a year.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Since the Spanish American, the US has fought almost every war/conflict it's fought with one or more allies. The cry of blood thirsty Americans has been thrown up by our supposed allies time and time again.

I deplore our current regime's policies. I would love to see every US military serviceman back on US soil patrolling our borders against illegal immigrants, drug smugglers and their ilk.

Next time there's trouble in some former European colony like Iraq, I'd love to tell the Blokes and Euro's to go handle it themselves but unfortunately, we're bound by treaties to protect the national security of many foreign countries at peril to our own national security.

Without any doubt in my ignorant American mind, nearly all the major conflicts of the last 100 years can be laid at the feet of the former European colonial powers. I would love to stop spending billions of US dollars defending Europe, Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Isreal but some fool of a politician tells the gullible sheople in my country that we must protect our trading partners who are too cheap to do it themselves. A pox on all your houses for the pox you've put on ours.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
Without any doubt in my ignorant American mind, nearly all the major conflicts of the last 100 years can be laid at the feet of the former European colonial powers. I would love to stop spending billions of US dollars defending Europe, Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Isreal but some fool of a politician tells the gullible sheople in my country that we must protect our trading partners who are too cheap to do it themselves. A pox on all your houses for the pox you've put on ours.

Exactly, the euros alone are guilty of more deaths in the 20th century than in all of human history yet they will get on these boards and preach their "superior" morality and way of life to everyone else. I wouldnt like to trouble the euros too much with the fact that their way of life would be radically different without the troublesome interference from the "imperialist americans." What a crock, they cant even smell their own crap and they want to fling some at somebody else. Hey europe, do what you do best and burry your head in the friggin sand.

Europe shouldnt have ANY standing armies. Damn warmongers.

And to the person that said that there was no anti-american statements in the initial post, bullhooey. I think calling americans "terrorists" is an anti-american statement.

We wouldnt even be in the middle east if they had not started this damn war, now you see who is finishing it. bah! I have no more time to waste on ignorant euros who allow terrorists to breed on their own soil. Think greenlane mosque.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
If/when the rest of the world grows a pair and declares the US to be the problem, we'll be pretty much screwed here.

No, it would be the best thing for the american people. Sure, things would be very rough at first, but after awhile we would be back on top. Remember, sanctions works both ways, the world wants to cut off the US, we would stop any technology transfers. Thats the main reason their would never be sanctions.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hello Jimmy thank you for your kind support it is good to see others who clearly understand what this thread is about.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join