It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple UFO's Over London on 02/01/07?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
quick update :-

I've still not heard anything from Cat, or received the mobile phone videos, jsut in case anyone was wondering. If I do receive them, I'll let you guys know straight away.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by nowthenlookhere]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Don't know if you guys have seen this, but it seems more UFOs in India.
www.news24.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There is now available online far better video footage of the lights over Archway (London) last week.

The article accompanying the new footage is at:
/3e55mn

The link for the video (by John Zimmerman, of Bredgar Road, Archway) can be found at the bottom of that page, specifically at:
www.islingtongazette.co.uk...

Personally, I think this is the best thai lantern footage I've seen.

It has been interesting to note the confusion in the press articles in relation to this and related sightings.:

(1) The new article mentions in passing that the video relates to a sighting on 31 January 2007, whereas

(2) most press articles (and several accounts from witnesses) have clearly indicated that the sightings were on Thursday 1 February 2007, and

(3) one article has referred to sightings of thai lanterns over Kings Lynn in Anglia (England) half an hour later, when the press reports giving details of that sighting actually indicate that the Kings Lynn thai lanterns were released on the Saturday 3 February 2007.

These points hardly inspire confidence in the fact checking in these UFO press articles.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
IsaacKoi......thanks for posting this vid.

Well, they certainly move similar to ballons. However, they appear really high....I'm not knowledgable enough to know how high the Thai balloons can get.

I too noticed the reporting discrepencies in the sighting dates but I just chalked it up to there being more than one event.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
My name is jay and i always see the number 11 between 5 to 20 time daily sometimes the number 10 and the number 12 been reading weird things on the internet about the number 11 and all the things i read are things that i think, I also notice things on tv things that kinda scare me but, im not scared, dont know how to desrcibe the way i feel, looking for a little help,

Anyone
Thanks

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hallam
My name is jay and i always see the number 11 between 5 to 20 time daily sometimes the number 10 and the number 12 been reading weird things on the internet about the number 11 and all the things i read are things that i think, I also notice things on tv things that kinda scare me but, im not scared, dont know how to desrcibe the way i feel, looking for a little help,

Anyone
Thanks

Therapist + Meds

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Anyone
Thanks

Not to be rude at all friend, but this thread probably isn't the best place to pose that question... maybe try the General Conspiracy section??

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The objects appear to be the same size and travelling in the same direction, at the same velocity.

It's a pity someone in a camera shop with access to some binoculars or a telescope, could have zoomed in on them.

I hope the origin of these objects is established, and I hope that if it was man-made, that it was a bit of fun and not something else.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Ross Cross]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It seems that most UFOs can be explained by balloons, clouds, speck of dust on lens, swamp gas reflecting of of Venus and electrical anomalies.
Never heard the "Thai lanterns" one used before.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Ehmm...arent these sightings something important? Or is it already prooved that they are fire baloons or some gas particules?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja

Originally posted by loam
Ok...this is very interesting....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What's with the group of 8s?

Odd coincidence.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by loam]

Interesting indeed. Everyone here is familiar with the David Sereda video, "The Case for Nasa Ufos", right? If not, search for that title on Google Video for reference.

Evidence: The Case for NASA UFOs - Part 1

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Dear Teslaandlyne,
can you please give also the link of the embedded video?
Thank you..

[edit on 17-2-2007 by manastin]

Oh i am dumb..i found the link..Cant I delete my post?

[edit on 17-2-2007 by manastin]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Archway ufo video is interesting, at least I think so. Can someone summarize, what were the possible answers to this sighting?
The video on youtube is removed by user..Why??

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

UFOs over Archway - is the mystery solved?

Now Camden Council has admitted that sky lanterns were launched at a private gathering in Waterlow Park, Highgate Hill - just a few hundred metres away.

A spokeswoman for the council said: "There was a private event at Waterlow Park that evening. It was a small family memorial service. They did set off lanterns, but we weren't aware that they were going to do that."

"Sky lanterns" or "UFO balloons" are mini hot air balloons that can be bought online for use at parties. They cost as little as £9.99 for a packet of six and can rise as high as 1,000 metres.

Mystery solved?

Source.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Now Camden Council has admitted that sky lanterns were launched at a private gathering in Waterlow Park, Highgate Hill - just a few hundred metres away.

I hate to say "I told you so"...

Oh, who am I kidding? I love to say it!

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So, are these Thai balloons able to be picked up by radar?

Reporter Charlotte Tamvakis tries to unravel the mystery of the 'Archway lights'

WHILE no one is in any doubt something happened in the sky above Archway last Thursday, experts are at odds over what caused the spooky sight.

The truth is out there - somewhere - and my search started with the account of eyewitness, James Zafar.

He said: "When I called 999 there was a big silence and then he came back on the phone and said we've tracked it by radar. Then he said, 'you are real really lucky, you've just seen a meteor or shooting star.'

"They definitely mentioned the radar and that leads me to think they know all about this."

But police would only confirm that they received a number of calls about the lights and that there was reference to radar and a meteor on their records. They could not say where this information came from.

And the Ministry of Defence (MOD) said it had had no reports of any "security incidents" - adding: "Unless there is evidence of a potential threat to the United Kingdom from an external source, and to date no 'UFO' report has revealed such evidence, MOD does not attempt to identify the precise nature of each reported sighting."

Time to speak to someone who knows all about what happens in the sky at night.

I contacted the Royal Astronomical Society - but it ruled out a cosmological explanation.

Press officer Peter Bond said: "It doesn't sound like aurora. Auroras are curtains of light and meteors last a few seconds and they leave a bright tail around them when they burn up. They won't last for 10 minutes.

"And it certainly couldn't be a comet either because comets don't move because they are so far away. They move position from night to night."

His conclusion was that the lights must be military aircraft or some sort of weather balloons.

Then a spokesman for the Meteorological Office ruled out weather balloons - along with any weather-related explanation.

He explained: "It's unlikely that it could have been anything to do with the weather. It was a pretty clear evening the whole night on Thursday. There were no storms or anything like that."

And astronomer and self proclaimed "UFO sceptic" Ian Ridpath also dismissed any astronomical or climatic explanations.

He believes the phenomenon was caused by "sky lanterns" or "UFO balloons" - one-off miniature hot air balloons that can be ordered online for use at parties.

Mr Ridpath said: "These things are always being reported. This very probably is the most likely explanation. What surprises me is that someone hasn't come along and said this is what they are."

And with Chinese New Year just around the corner, this certainly seems like a possible answer.

But witnesses and UFO researchers disagree.

Contact International UFO Research, based in Oxford, aims to "solve the enigma of UFOs - whether fact or fiction".

A spokesman said: "I'm not convinced by the argument. I asked witnesses if they thought there was a possibility it was lanterns and they said no."

He added: "What we try to do is get an explanation and at the moment we are still banging our heads against the wall."

Some people have even suggested the lights could be radio masts on top of Archway Tower.

But eyewitness Mr Zafar said: "They moved and then they stopped and then they moved again. They were under control. I totally disagree. I think someone is trying to dismiss the story."

And Mr Cull added: "I don't buy the balloon thing. When I first saw it, it was stationary and then it was moving above the hospital and then it moved towards the south."

For eyewitnesses of Thursday's extraordinary events at least, it seems the truth is still out there.

Source

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I heard of the fire balloons explanation before in the UK sightings.

There are quite a lot of videos on YouTube from the UK.

With so many lights in that photo it might be a fleet of balloons.

The whole things sounds like a cover but how do you send up a bunch of
balloons to cover one UFO that gets stuck and how did they know it was
getting stuck or does the craft send out fire balloons to cover its presence.

Blinking or oscillating or flaring might be the UFO, otherwise it would not
be seen and go on its way. It is stuck in hover mode when the propelling
mode is out of sync.

That YouTube video I posted before is for ball lightning from a radial B field
and circular E field is in hover mode and will not let it move until a Bessel
mode vibration takes over.

If that is how it works.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Anyone
Thanks

You see the number 11 because you look for it. The same i always turn to my clock and it's 11:11... You only see and recognise it because you're looking for the number.

Everyone is born with that, though 1's seem to be the common number. It's nothing mysterious though, quite regular infact

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join