It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Game you really Loved?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Does anybody remember the Sega master system?

Alex Kidd kicked @$$!

[edit on 14-2-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
master system?

the first sega?

man

Choplifter was the bomb.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't remember that game, I can barely remember playing Alex Kidd, i was about 4-5 years old, but I do remember it kicked @$$!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Still buy a used copy at those Game Spot stores. I've seen alot of old school stuff. They had this Star Wars game from the "Jaguar" system I believe that the guy set up and it was friggen sweet. I wonder why this system never took off.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
On the Commodore VIC 20 then the game was Arcadia (think that was it) but it was nearly 30yrs back, the C64 version in my mind sucked.

On Commodore again it would have to be DUNE, many hours wasted on that game

PC it is Championship Manager or now Football Manager 07 (soccer management sim) for our American cousins. Also add Halo CE and CIV to that list.

Sony PS, not inclduing PS3 yet, but two games come to mind, The Getaway and GTA San Andreas.

Yes I'm a 40yr old child

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
My favorite game of all time would have to be Tribes..That was my first online game as well..That game started my MMO addiction!!

[edit on 3/4/2007 by gotanybob]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Probably 'Championship Manager 98', felt like i spent a year of my life on that game.

Call of Duty's were also pretty cool.

The best fun game with a group of mates around on the juice would be G1 Jockey, hell fun!!

there were some pretty cool games on the Amiga but my memory's crashed!!

[edit on 4/3/07 by mojo4sale]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Original NES: Jackal!! Still love it and play it! WEEEEEEEeeee Also, double dragon II and Adventure Island, Paper Boy... etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Socom 2. I play the new one now, but Socom 2 was just barrels of fun.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm turning 40 this year, so I am a proud flag waving member of the video game generation. I was right in the sweetspot when pong came out. pong was 2 lines and a square. The lines were "tennis players" and the square was a ball. Let me repeat, the square was the ball

Now you have "massive online roleplaying games" on consoles that have PC like capabilities.

So I have to scan 34 years of video games to answer this question.

I have to make it a top 5, in random order.

defender - in the pizza parlor, actually putting in quarters to play. Life was good

BFME I - on the PC. Build an army, set its path, then sit back and watch it unfold like a movie. Genuis.

champions of norrath - my first hack and slash, dungeon treasure gathering, boss killing game. Loved it

ace combat 4 - great story, and the cockpit view is addicting, you really get into it, and dogfighting is just cool at its core.

gran turismo - the first game I played all night, 7 hours straight from when I got home and turned it on. Perfection in every way. Many fun moments racing buddies in exotic super cars

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think the games that hit me the most, and influenced me, are as follows:

1: Grand Theft Auto series (Playstation/Playstation2) - I have been playing GTA since the original Grand Theft Auto, and have been heavily hooked on all the titles I have played so far. Out of the entire series, my fave is GTA Vice City. Doesn't have the interactivity of San Andreas, but it has style in abundance. Plus, Tommy Vercetti rules.

2: Sonic The Hedgehog series (Sega Mega Drive) - I am sorry, but Mario had nothing on Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Out of this series, I would say Sonic 3 was the coolest. Even had funky tunes too

3: Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (PC) Classic C&C title, probably the best of the pre-Generals era. Excellent story, well constructed universe, and had outstanding cinematic cut-scenes. Features a funky Apoc-Electronic soundtrack by Frank Klepaki.

4: Tekken series (Playstation/Playstation2) - Playstation's best beat-em-up franchise, IMO. Excellent characters (Heihachi, Kazuya, and Bryan Fury to name a few), cool arenas (my faves being Lei's in Tekken 2, and Jin's in Tekken Tag), and oustanding music, it's arcade fun without the sillyness of people shooting balls of energy at each other.

5: Gran Turismo 2 (Playstation) - Beautiful cars, great racing, cool tunes. A complete game. Lacks the visuals of the later titles in the series, but the attention to detail, the historical notes provided with most of the cars, makes this a game for true car and racing fans.

6: Metal Gear Solid (Playstation) - Yeah ok so this doesn't have the interactivity of the later titles, but it has the best characters, the best cut scenes, the best storyline, the best script, the best music.... its a classic.

7: Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows Of Amn (PC) - This is a true classic of the PC gaming world. It features a fantastic and beautifully portrayed world in which the player and his group get dragged into another chapter in Bioware's series about the Bhaalspawn. Features intricate storylines, massive subplots, huge battles, and an AWESOME bad guy. Players of this game will no doubt know how cool Jon Irenicus is.

8: Icewind Dale (PC) Another Bioware title, this was the game that preceeded Baldurs Gate 2. It is set in the same Universe as the Bhaalspawn saga, but in a different area, and has a different story entirely. Has a very well told storyline, and great atmospheric areas of gameplay. Very dark at heart.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
You guys might laugh at this ,but the most addicting game I ever played was civilization 2 on the ps1.Now I'm really into call of duty 3 on the 360.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
FINAL FANTASY VI

For the SNES, ne won'? It was FFIII on the original american SNES release. Was actually VI in the series.. that game made me from a boy to a man, lol.

It is currently available for the GBA/Nintendo DS.. as FFVI

[edit on 3/28/2007 by runetang]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
fave games are destroy all humans 1 + 2, zelda games, and phoarh

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
AfterBurner

arcade game i spend about $10 in quarters on saturdays playing that one.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Yup I remember that.I wish I had all the money I spent at arcades during the 80s.I could go to Hawaii! edit:sp.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yup I remember that.I wish I had all the money I spent at arcades during the 80s.I could go to Hawaii!

I hear that lol..."If only I could have saved all them quarters".."And invested it in Yahoo or Google"..................................Damn!!! I was dreaming again...Hate when I do that..

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The most fun I had was...
Quake 3 arena with the "Weapons factory Arena" mod (CTF).

Top gameplay fun.

Google Video Link

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
single player,diablo or fallout

multiplayer,this was king

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Serious Sam SE.

Nothing beats that Fragmatch...

<< 1    3 >>